Pardon Me

Principle of the Matter.

“Oh!” L exclaimed, withdrawing his hand from my hair, “Misa-kun, you gave me a scare.”

Misa cackled evilly, sticking her pointy, pink tongue out. She didn’t seem to pick up on the awkward tension in the room.

“Light, I think we should go on a proper date,” Misa said unsurely.

“Misa,” I sighed, jerking my wrist, which was attatched by a chain to a handcuff on L’s wrist. “We can’t go on a date with this freak crawling around. But go to bed now, Misa, there’s a new lead on the Kira case, we need to be left alone.”

Misa pulled a face as she reluctantly retraced her steps. I turned my attention back to L. He was busy crouching over a fresh cup of tea, plopping sugar cubes into the steamy liquid.

“She really is a pain in the side,” I groaned.

L ignored me, sipping from the ceramic cup thoughtfully. I watched him with interest. He lifted the cup to his thin lips slowly, sipping tentatively, with his pinkie finger ever erect in the air. His arm was jut out at a peculiar angle, but that was L all over. He glanced at me, from underneath his mass of inky black hair.

Perched on his feet, he tapped away nonchalantly at the computer keyboard. His eyes scanned the screen skillfully as he absorbed the information, analyzing each pixel in his quick mind.

I sat facing him, just studying his being. His body was clothed in baggy jeans and a loose cream sweater. His nimble fingers were positioned in front of his mouth, waiting to be nibbled upon. His hands flittered between the mouse and the cup of tea, slightly indecisively. His tiny wrists were smothered in the glittering metal of our handcuffs. I smirked slightly, tugging lightly on the long chain that attached us. He was mine.

I pulled on the chain again, grabbing his attention. He swiveled in his seat, waiting for an answer.

“Let’s call it a night? Why don’t we go sit on the sofas and relax for a little while, you’ve been working all day.”

L got up silently, leaving his precious tea and making his way over to the sofas. Soon enough, the cuff on my wrist tugged, pulling me from my seat. Once on the seat, L immediately curled into my body. I could feel his tension, his body was hunched all the time and his eyes were shifty, it was easy to tell that he was nervous about something.

“L, what’s on your mind?” I asked, stroking his hair.

“Kira... I don’t want to die. But that broadcast I made at the beginning of the case, taunting Kira, threatening him to try and kill me…” he whispered, pulling his legs up even further.

“L, don’t worry, Kira won’t get you. As long as you’re here, you are safe. Relax a little.”

We both fell silent. As I stroked his hair, his back became to feel a little less rigid. It was a slow process, but eventually, his legs spread out. Little by little, his shoulders relaxed and stopped hunching. Suddenly, his slender body turned to face mine. His knees rose to his chin once more and he stared at me intently.

“Light, I don’t want to die.”

“You aren’t going to, L, I won’t let anything happen to you,” I replied, brushing my fingers over his chin.

“I don’t want you to Kira.”

“I’m not, I promise you.”

Such innocence filled his wide eyes. His beautiful chocolate orbs held such fear and unease. I pulled at our handcuffs.

“I did this to be close to you. I would not want to get close to you if I were Kira.”

His mouth opened slightly, ready to utter another question. I caught him off guard. Using my hand to gently guide his chin, I kissed his lips softly. I didn’t have to look to know his eyes were wide open with shock. I pulled back slightly; he reciprocated and looked at me from under his long eyelashes, still shocked.

“Light-kun, you have taken my first kiss!”

“Are you angry at me?”

“I shall be angry if you don’t do that again.”

I smiled and kissed him once more. He relaxed against me and I felt his stiff frame flop slightly. His lips were soft and hard at the same time. As our mouths moved in unison, I felt happiness bubble in my stomach. I let my hand slide round his back and under his shirt slightly. His skin was warm to touch. He shifted his body slightly, moving onto my lap. I smiled into this kiss. His hands crept uncertainly and nervously around my neck, working their way into my hairline.

We sat on the sofa, completely engrossed in each other for the best part of an hour. It was all very new. I wanted to kiss him forever. I didn’t want to stop. I had tasted the forbidden fruit and I wanted more, for it was ever so sweet. There was nothing to stop us. Hands traveled to newfound land. We were in our own world, one full of nervous movement and clinking chains.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a ridiculous Death Note obsession.