True Love is Not a Diamond Ring

Chapter 8

The beeping of Corina's iPod alarm rang shrilly in her ears, and it woke her up instantly.

Corina jumped out of bed and pulled a black and green school hoodie over her bare chest and tip-toed through the quiet hallways of her house.

Once she was in the kitchen, she stuffed her iPod and cellphone in her pocket, grabbed some money, and checked the time on the microwave. Five fifty-three. Perfect. She sibbled a note to her parents, stashed a key in her pocket, and ran out the door.

Shivering slightly, legs covered by only a pair of All Time Low "Get Low" shorts, she jogged to the nearest Starbucks. She smiled as she saw her favourite employee at the counter.

"Hey, Jon," she greeted him quietly.

"Cee! I haven't seen you in a while," Jon exclaimed, hugging her in a friendly manner. "What's up with that?"

CJ bit her lip. "Brandon found out and he broke up with me. But it's no big deal," Corina lied.

Jon put a hand on her shoulder. "That sucks. A lot," he sympathized. "D'you want the usual?"

Corina nodded.

Jon made it quickly and handed her a Caramel Frap. She paid and sipped at it, and talked with Jon quietly for the next hour.

The flow of customers grew around 7:15 am, and people were giving Corina's "Get Low" shorts odd looks, so she said goodbye to Jon and shuffled home slowly.

She took the longer, more scenic route home, passing by the nearly empty beach. Che was trailing behind a couple. Each looked like her own age, which made Corina blink back tears.

'Stop it, you're moping around for far too long,' she chided herself silently.

She sped up and soon passed the couple, who had stopped in front of her toeat each other's faces off make out.

Corina stopped, a couple meters ahead of them. The couple seemed so familiar. She turned around for a double-take.

"Taylour? Brandon?" Corina squeaked, dropping the third-full Starbucks cup, the hot liquid spilling all over the sand. Right about now, she could have sworn the pain she felt was her heart breaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
keep writing those "letters".
tell your friends.
patd fans, notice anything?
comments, pleaseeee.
also.
tell me how i can get better.
i feel as if my writing is shit.