‹ Prequel: Hold Me Down
Status: on haitus.

Nothing Like You.

Broken.

“Come on Way, it’s no big deal, just this once; we’ll never ask you again…promise.”

Joel threw his arms around me and pulled me along as some of the young adults that hung on the corner by his complex taunted us with things. I’ve always wondered but Mikey’s words always rang in my ear—I don’t want to see you end up like me in any sense.

“Leave us alone. We’re not interested.”

We took off in a fast pace, their footsteps behind us, following quickly. How did those guys know my last name? I felt a hand pull Joel’s arm off of me as I was shoved to the ground. I heard another thud; I assume he was shoved to the ground as well.

Then I felt it, the cool tip of a gun pressed to the side of my head. I froze, I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t do anything. I felt a knee in the middle of my back, pressing me further into the cold, dirty, sidewalk.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t put a hole through your head. You walk around holding hands and kissing like nothing’s wrong with the fact you’re a disgusting fag.”

What the fucking hell do you say in a situation like this? Seriously, if you know something to say tell me, please?! I felt my eyes watering. Mikey thinks I hate him still, Frank probably thinks I still hate him, Bert will never know that he’s my favorite uncle, Elena will never be my excuse out of things, Gee and Ray, they’ll never kidnap me again.

Joel, my Joel; I’ll never get to fall asleep and wake up next to him. I’ll never get to hold him, kiss him, and touch him— ever. I could hear him groaning and muffled screams coming from him. They moved him from my sight and I was too afraid to try and move.

“I’ll do anything, please just don’t…anything.”

That’s all I had. I couldn’t think of anything else to say. The knee pressed into my back shifted and pressed harder as I felt warm breath on my left ear.

“You’re going to watch as we have our ways with your little boy toy and you’re not going to do a thing about it. Try even one thing and I shoot.”

He roughly yanked me backwards so I was on my knees. He pulled my hair roughly, making sure I wouldn’t look away at the assault they were about to perform on my boyfriend. My eyes locked onto Joel’s, tears were streaming down his face, his beautiful face.

“Stop, please, stop!”

As soon as those words escaped his mouth he was backhanded across the face. I growled then felt the tip of the gun press further into my right temple. I assume luck was on our side because the guy who held me froze up and his cronies continued their assault on Joel.

“Let them go right now or so help me I don’t blow your fucking brains out you son of a bitch.”

I knew that voice.

“Oi! Let him go.”

I felt the gun move away and heard it fall to the ground next to me. Joel was dropped to the ground as the guys around him put their hands up. I scrambled to him, pulling him in my arms, lips touching every part of his face I could get. We were clinging to each other as if our lives depended on it and it seemed to have been the case not even five minutes ago.

“If I ever hear about or see you anywhere near both of these boys, I won’t think twice about removing your dicks and shoving them down each of your own throats and then putting a bullet through you, am I understood?”

I finally turned around to see just who practically saved our lives, I knew the voice I just, well you go through what we just did and try to think comprehensively. She stood holding a gun out on front of her and a very pissed off and shocked expression.

“Mom!”

Joel scrambled from my arms and ran into Christa’s arms. She sank to the ground, holding him in her arms and I could only watch. She kissed his forehead, his cheeks, his nose, smoothed his hair and just held him for a few minutes.

“Let’s get you two inside, yeah? Clean you up and Tucker, we’ll have to call your dads.”

Joel stood up slowly and then rushed to my side, grasping my hand in his. We walked ahead of Christa and up the stairs to their apartment. I didn’t even think of checking in with Gee and Ray. We walked to their sitting room and Joel pulled me onto his lap and attached his lips to my own briefly.

“I, I just need to feel you close Tucker. I thought, the moment I saw him put the gun to your head…I thought he was going to kill you…I thought I was going to lose you.”

He pulled me closer and gave me one of the most passionate kisses to date. Our tears mingling as we kissed, the salty fluid adding to the fervor in which we wanted the other to know that we’re still here.
♠ ♠ ♠
just so you know, i have no idea where this chapter came from, but it popped into my head and i couldn't stop writing so i just went with it...sorry if you lot don't like it!