‹ Prequel: Hold Me Down
Status: on haitus.

Nothing Like You.

Words.

“What do you mean you’re slightly disappointed in him? Are you fucking kidding me?!”

“Shh! He’s still awake you idiot.”

“Good, if he hears this then maybe his opinion of you will change.”

I hid my gasp as I heard Frank’s harsh words towards Mikey. I didn’t know which to be more shocked about—Frank’s support or Mikey’s disappointment. I decided to make my presence known.

“This is what you wanted me to come home to? You and Frank fighting all the time, over me, over everything!? That’s all I’ve heard since I came home. At least at Gee and Ray’s the only yelling came from Elena or Alicia yelling something perverted to Joel and I as we walked to school…you, you’re…”

I turned and walked to my room, slamming the door behind me. I sank to the ground, my tears beyond evident as they ran down my cheeks. I wanted to be back across town, I wanted to be in Joel’s room, door locked, just content in each other’s arms.

We had just celebrated our one month earlier tonight. He took me to dinner and a movie. Naturally we didn’t know what movie we paid to see, it was just an excuse to make-out without Alicia interrupting.

i finally made it home. :[ i miss you already…

A small smile fought through my tears at his message. I had begged him relentlessly to message me the moment he set foot inside their apartment—not the complex, the actual apartment. Then I heard it, that incessant knocking on my door—they wanted to talk now.

I crawled to my bed, remaining on the floor and facing the door as they slowly opened it. I did nothing to hide my emotions. I noticed my cheeks weren’t the only wet ones between the three of us. It didn’t help any.

“Tuck, I…”

I just averted my gaze to my hands. The past four days I’ve been home this is how every night has ended. One of us is crying—or all of us—because of the constant arguing going on.

“Save it Mikey. I get you’re young, but you threw your life away that first injection, snort or puff of whatever you put in your system. You threw it away that first cut you made and I’m pretty damn sure you threw it all away the day you decided to take me home.”

He narrowed his eyes at me and walked right up to me, yanking me to my feet as he roughly pulled up the sleeves to my shirt.

“Just like you’re doing? He told me, he told me the night he cleaned them.”

I could only glance briefly at the shock etched onto Frank’s face as his eyes locked onto my lower arm. I tried to pry my arm from his grasp but I couldn’t. I finally met Mikey’s eyes and for the first time I couldn’t read exactly what he was feeling.