Misconceptions, Cheap Booze and Scars; So Much for the Best Day Ever.

And so it continues...

Maura followed Gerard down the narrow corridor of the tour bus past some bunks and finally to a pile of suitcases on the floor. The singer bent down and began rummaging through the many pieces of clothing stuffed into the bag. He carelessly tossed jeans and jackets aside until he pulled out a black t-shirt and some boxers.

"Is this ok?" He asked politely turning around looking up at her from his crouched position. The expression on his face reminded Maura of a small child asking approval from a parent. His eyes were honest and innocent and looked genuinely concerned about her opinion on the choice of apparel.

"That’s perfect" Maura responded taking the clothes gratefully, giving a small smile. "Thank you so much for this, I"ll throw it on and be out of your way"

She then scurried back into the bathroom. She carefully folded the towel she was wearing and placed it on the sink and then began to get dressed. Gerard had given her an Iron Maiden t-shirt. It must have been very old because the black fabric was beginning to turn gray. The worn out material was soft on her skin and smelled of stale cigarettes and detergent. She continued inhaled the sweet, smokey aroma as she put on the boxers and then stopped short.

"Holy shit, I'm on My Chemical Romance's tour bus, wearing Gerard Way's underwear." She giggled quietly to herself and exited the cramped bathroom.

Gerard watched her exit the bathroom from the couch and his eyes grew wide.

"Wow even in my huge t-shirt you still look amazing." He said softly, and immediately turned red, not meaning to say it out loud. Maura blushed in return and smiled, this time with her brilliant teeth showing.

"It's wicked comfy, plus I love Iron Maiden" She said.

"That's one of my favorite bands of all time!" Gerard responded excitedly. "I've hit the fucking jackpot" he thought, "thank you Frankie"

They began talking about their favorite bands, movies and all sorts of odds and ends of their interests. Then, out of nowhere the lights in the bus went out.

"Fuck!" yelled Gerard.

"What happened?" asked Maura.

“Our bus is a piece of shit is what happened.” he stated frustratedly. “We had to hook it up to the power lines here because the whole system is messed and the power here must have gone out.”

Maura glanced out the window from the couch and vaguely saw what caused the power outage through the darkness. To say that it was raining outside was an understatement. It was as if the heavens had opened up and decided to dump the entire Atlantic Ocean on top of them. All of the rain must have really soaked the ground because a mere three buses away from them was a small dead tree tilted over hanging on the power lines. She must not have noticed how long it had been raining while she was talking to Gerard. It was really hard to acknowledge anything else when something so beautiful was right in front of your face.

“I think I found the problem.” She said to Gerard and pointed out the window. He moved closer to her on the couch to see out the window, his arm brushing gently against hers. It was soft and warm against Maura’s skin and gave her goose bumps.

“Are you cold?” He said and turned to her. All she could see of his face were his eyes glazed over with concern.

“No I just caught a chill is all” She replied still mesmerized in the darkness by his gaze. She was really hoping that he couldn’t see the her blushing in the dark from their contact, but the slight glint in his eye said other wise.

“Do you wanna do me a huge favor? He asked

“How can I help?”

“By helping me light some candles” he said with a devilish grin and walked over the cupboard.

“This is going to be a very interesting night...”