Status: On Break

With You Always

Chapter Eight

"You can't do this! You can't take her away!"

Ryan is crying, holding on to Ellie for dear life. Ellie is being pried from his arms by a tall woman with dark brown hair. Tears stream down Ellie's cheeks as she clings to Ryan.

"Ellie is going to be in a safer environment for her," the social worker tries to explain.

"Better?!" Ryan yells, "She's been thrown into and pulled out of four terrible homes! Better would be letting her stay with the only family she knows!"

"Please try to understand, young man, this is for her own good," the woman is trying desperately to get Ryan to let go of the still screaming, Ellie.

She finally breaks Ellie free of Ryan's grasp.

"With you always!" Ryan cries as Ellie is put in a car.

She stares out the window, tears pouring from her eyes as the car pulls away. Leaving Ryan standing alone on the lawn.

"With you always," he murmurs as the car disappears from sight.

Four foster homes?
Three with Ryan. One before that.
And how many has Ryan been in?
Nine. He ran away from three of them. The only reason he wasn't moved from that one is because no one would take him. He was sent to a group home since they could find a home for him.