Brown Eyed Girl - For Annie!

Brown Eyed Girl

Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came ?
Down in the hollow
Playing a new game,
Laughing and a-running, hey, hey,
Skipping and a-jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our, our hearts a-thumping
And you, my brown-eyed girl,
You, my brown-eyed girl.


16 year old Joe and 15 year old Annabelle were ;aughing,skipping,and chasing eachother around the hollow behind Annabelle's house,carrying on as if they were little kids. But in their hearts,they were totally 5 years old again.

"YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME,ANNA-BANANA-BELLE!" laughed Joe,running faster away from his best friend. She growled under her breath and ran after him.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK,JOEYBEAR!" she yelled at him. Annabelle pounced on Joe,knocking him to the ground.She landed on top of him and smirked at her best friend.

THat was the day Joe noticed the beautiful,chocolatey-velvet color of Annabelle's eyes. That,also,was the day Joe fell in love with her. His brown eyed girl.

Whatever happened
To Tuesday and so slow
Going down to the old mine with a
Transistor radio.
Standing in the sunlight laughing
Hide behind a rainbow's wall,
Slipping and a-sliding
All along the waterfall
With you, my brown-eyed girl,
You, my brown-eyed girl.


"Joe,don't let me fall!" Squeaked 17 year old Annabelle,clinging to her best friend's arms as she almost fell into the sparkling blue water underneath the waterfall. The now 18 year old Joseph laughed and pulled Annabelle up by her hands. The portable radio was playing where their shirts,jeans and shoes lay. The song was unrecognizable,but Annabelle deemed it as her and Joe's song.

"Don't worry,Bella-Boo,I'll never let you go,'' he whispered,mostly to himself as he gazed upon the dark-haired beauty in front of him. He leant down slowly,his eyes closed. Annabelle knew he was trying to kiss her. But instead of meeting her lips with his,she stepped to the side and giggled as Joe fell off the rock and into the clear blue waterpool.

Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Just like that
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
La dee dah.


"Sing with me,Annie!" laughed Joe as they danced around Annabelle's kitchen to Sexyback. Annabelle wasn't that gifted as he was when it came to singing,but she tried anyway. Annabelle and Joe had finally started dating,and they were getting along great.

But one day,they had a humungous argument and broke up. Joe went across Canada and Europe on a 10 month tour and Annabelle kept herself busy with her internship at Teen Vogue.

So hard to find my way
Now that I'm all on my own.
I saw you just the other day,
My, how you have grown!
Cast my memory back there, Lord,
Sometime I'm overcome thinking about
Making love in the green grass
Behind the stadium
With you, my brown-eyed girl,
You, my brown-eyed girl.


As Joe lay in his bunk on the huge black and purple Jonas Brothers bus,he thought about his last concert before he and Annabelle had broken up. They had made love for the first time behind the concert stadium. Then,he saw her walking down the street with her little chocolate lab puppy,Gracie. She looked so different. But she still had those same brown eyes.

Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Laying in the green grass
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee
Sha la la la la la la la la la la la la
Dee dah la dee dah la dee dah la
La dee dah...


Joe had commanded the bus driver,Lloyd,to stop the bus and let him out.He ran up to Annabelle and scooped her up in his arms,hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry,Annabelle. For everything I've ever done or said. I'm sorry,baby,so so sorry." He mumbled into her shoulder. She pulled away and smiled up at him.

"I love you,Joseph Adam Jonas."

"And I love you,my Anna-Banana-Belle." Joe smiled. He leant down and he kissed her.

His brown eyed girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
=DD