Daddy, did you get my tears?

Daddy, did you get my tears?

I looked down at my pink sandals that were bought for me as a sympathy gift. I smoothed out my purple skirt, trying to avoid looking up at the scene I knew was going to be horrific to me. Just the thought of it made my eyes water with displeasure. I then looked at my shirt that was also purple and said "Love" in a sparkle heart. Love? I always thought it was something that would always be there once it was found. Something that would never go away no matter how many years went by.

We always got through it. We always worked everything out. Everything seemed just fine until now.

Instead of looking up I fixed my eyes on the ground and pushed my hair in front of my face. I knew I looked odd to passer bys but I didn't really care. I had no reason to care right now.

I jumped a bit when I heard a screen door slam against a white, chipped painted house. I still didn't look up. I hear footsteps walk down the concrete steps of the front porch and walk across the sidewalk. I move my hair some and glance over towards the noise, still not moving my head.

A tear escaped from my eye and fell to the ground. I watched it, wondering where it would go after that. Is it just gone or does it find some other person that is in the same situation as I am. Did we all just share the same tears. Having them passed back and forth but only getting certain ones in certain situations.

"Lacey. Come here baby." I heard my dads voice call for me.
I shook my head furiously, set on not going near neither my mom or dad no matter how much they called.

"Sweetie, I no you don't fully understand what's going on right now and your mother and I don't expect you to, but at least come give me a hug."

My dad. He seemed so nice. So did my mom. If they were so nice though then why would they do this to me? More tears fell from my eyes and I wondered some more. Are they going to be the tears falling from some boy or girls eyes?

I heard footsteps again. But they were coming towards me. Suddenly I saw two sneakers appear on the ground in front of me and then a knee. I looked up to see my dad leveled down so that he was the same height I was, but just a bit shorter.

Without knowing what I was going to do it I threw my arms around my dads neck and put my head on his shoulder and just started crying. I cried more than I ever have before.
My dad wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my back soothingly thinking it would help me but it didn't. Only his actions could help me.

"It's going to be OK. I'll be back soon enough. I just have to do this, OK?"
I didn't say anything. My dad stood up and his eyes were watering but he wasn't crying. Why wasn't he crying?

"I love you Lacey."
After that my dad walked ahead of me on the street towards his car that was parked in front of our house. He got in and drove into the distance. I cried the whole time. Each tear falling to the ground and landing with a noise indescribable, or maybe I was just hearing it that way. I watched until I couldn't see his car anymore.

I haven't seen him since and it's been almost a year now. Since then I've turned 7 years old. My hair has grown out more and my mom has a new boyfriend. They don't ever let me go outside to play and my mom won't ever tell me when my dad is coming back. He said he'll be back soon enough. How long is soon?
I still wonder everyday if my tears went to someone else. Maybe they went to my dad so he could cry.
I wonder if he cries about it now?

Daddy, did you get my tears?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.
It's an original fiction and I need to know what I can work on.
So, tell me what you like and what you don't like!
Thank you!!!