Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Together Forever, Never Apart

A chorus of “OOOOHH! You’re in trouble now!” erupted from the mini crime scene at hand. In front of my very eyes was the glass picture frame that Pete had custom made broken into at least a hundred pieces. Tears started brimming my eyes as my thoughts wandered off to the memory of our first best friend anniversary.

“Pete, what do you have behind your back?” I asked, looking at him suspiciously.

“What do you mean? A guy can’t have his hands behind his back?” he retorted back. “This is a free country Best, I can do whatever I please.”

“And so can I,” I grinned, lunging for his back.

“Nuh-uh-uh, May May,“ he taunted, quickly spinning around. “Sit!”

“But the bench is wet,” I whined. “Why are we at the park anyways? It’s freezing!”

“Fine,” he sighed, handing me a neatly wrapped package. “Here, this is for you.”

My shivering hands took the parcel and I looked from it to Pete and back to the package again. “What’s this for?”

“For a smarty-pants like you, it takes a while for you to get the important stuff. Just open it Best, I hope you like it,” he said, inching closer towards me.

I shakily pulled on the yellow ribbon and carefully tore the black wrapping paper. I let the paper fall gracefully to the snowy patch under our feet as my eyes glossed over with tears. It was a glass picture frame with my favorite picture of us. My fingers ran through the inscription on top, Together forever, never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart. Droplets fell onto the cool glass and quickly froze on the surface of the frame.

“On this day last year, at this very spot…”

“We became the best of friends,” I whispered. “Pete, I’m sorry I forgot. I didn’t seem to get you anything and I… well this is beyond words. I love it, I absolutely love it.”

“No, May May. You didn’t have to get me anything . Because as cheesy as it sounds, today marks the day when you saved my life. If you hadn’t come along… I might be dead now.”

“Pete…” I began in protest.

“It’s true,” he said, tearing up himself. “And don’t you dare try arguing your case. Cause this time Best, I’m right.”

“I’ll cherish this forever,” I said, hugging the frame. “Together forever, never apart…”

“Maybe in distance, but never in heart,” he finished. “It explains our situation perfectly don’t you think? But the funny thing is, when I had it made they thought you were my girlfriend.”

“I see where they got that, but we know and that’s all that matters. I love you Pete,” I said, kissing my best friend on the cheek.

“I love you too, Chelsea May.” he said, giving me a hug. “I love you too.”


My body started shaking and soon after tears started falling. “Who… Who… Who did this?” I asked, in between little whimpers. I saw them all quietly point to someone but quickly shut my eyes . “You know what I… I… I don’t even want to know. Y-Y-You guys can stay as long as you like but I-I-I’m just gonna go to bed. Goodnight.”

And before anyone could react I ran to my room and locked the door before jumping onto my new bed and sobbing all over Hello Kitty. Did they not understand how important it was to me? It was more than just words, more than just glass, more than just a picture frame… it was a symbol. It held a special memory and represented the kind of friendship and love Pete and I had for each other. It was a reminder of how close me and Pete were especially when he was on tour and I hadn’t heard from him in a while. And now… it’s broken into pieces because they were so reckless… Because they were stupid… Because they didn’t respect me and my new house enough to be the least bit careful. Overreacting? Maybe… but the pain. It seems as if nothing could stop the pain from taking over me. It was just too damn unbearable.

I took my phone out and quickly speed dialed Pete.

“Best? Is something wrong?” he answered, sounding worried after all he heard from my end of the line were sobs. “Why are you crying? May May what’s wrong?!”

“Pete,” I cried. “They broke it.”

“Broke what? Who?! I’ll kill those motherfuckers who made you cry!” he said, getting defensive. “Tell me what happened.”

“No! You wouldn’t kill them, I wouldn’t want you to,” I cried even harder. “I’m sorry, I’m ruining your honeymoon just forget it.”

“Chelsea May, you better tell me what’s going on right now. Or else me and Ash will get the next flight back to Chicago, no ifs, ands, or buts,” he said, his voice cracking a little. “Please tell me what’s going on.”

“I… I… I don’t know who,” I stuttered into the phone between my involuntary whimpers. “I was t-t-talking with Patty and… and… then CRASH! And now it’s gone Best…. It’s gone, all gone!”

“What’s gone?” he said into the phone.

“P-P-Picture frame!” I cried louder. “T-T-Together for… for… forever, never apart.”

“Maybe in distance, but never in heart,” he said quietly into the phone, starting to sniffle. “Oh May May, I know how much that meant to you, to us… But what’s done is done.”

“B-B-But Pete!” I cried into the phone. “I told you I’d cherish it forever!”

“It’s okay,” he said. “I’m sad too May May. I know you can’t see me but I’m even tearing up. Just…it’s okay, alright? We’ll find something new. Not to replace it but something new to represent what we have, kay?”

“Okay,” I said quietly after finally being able to control my sobbing. “I miss you and Ash.”

“We miss you too hun, just… everything will be fine. I gotta go… are you going to be okay?” he asked hesitantly, not wanting to end the call.

“Its okay, just enjoy,” I said, sucking it up for my best friend. “Love you guys.”

“We love you too Best,” he said sincerely.

I hung up the phone, feeling a bit better. And before I knew it I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feels GREAT to be back.
I have 9 new subscribers since I've started writing again and I know some of my old ones
have returned just to read my story <3
AHH You guys are too FANTASTIC (:
Seriously :D
So I'd love to know who you guys are how much you like / dislike it
& if I see regular commenters with descriptive comments
MOSDEF there's a part in TBRA for you
I mean look at all the SMEXY men already in it and there's just gonna be more! (:

More comments / subscribers = LONGER updates (:
Comment / Subscribe