Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Kiss Me

I entered the apartment and expected Brendon or one of the other boys to give me the third degree but nothing happened.

"Brendon? Ryan? You two here?" I called out into the empty apartment.

"Best?" croaked a voice that could only be Pete's. "Best is that you?"

Tears automatically streamed down my face as my body began shuddering and jerking with the intense emotions inside of me. Pete's arms found their way around me and he began to cry too. Our bodies slid to the floor and he cradled me. We stayed that way until the tears had stopped and our breathing was back to normal.

"Pete, I want you to hear me out before you say anything. Can you do that?" I asked, avoiding his eyes that were searching for mine.

"Yes," he whispered, releasing his hold on me.

"No, Best. I want you to keep holding me. Please, I need you to hug me." My request was quickly fulfilled as a fresh batch of tears slowly rolled down his face.

"Pete," I whispered, hugging him with all that was in me. "I love you too. I just c-"

His lips crashed onto mine before I could finish my sentence. All of a sudden my thoughts were in a jumble and instead of pushing away, I found myself returning the kiss.

"Wait, Pete, no," I said, once I had regathered my thoughts. "Let me finish."

He reluctantly stopped but still looked at me in a way that he had never done before. For the first time in our friendship he looked at me with longing, hunger, lust.

"Best, as much as I love you.. we can't do this," I whispered, every word stinging me as they left my lips. "We can't ever be in a relationship together. Remember that day in the rose garden? I need you and you need me. If we allow ourselves to cross that friend line, we'll hurt each other. We'll hurt each other moreso than any other person has and we won't even have the other to run to when that happens. We won't be able to fix each other. Best, I need you. I n-"

"Chelsea May, it's too late," he half cried, half whispered. His eyes no longer were filled with longing. They were now brimming with tears of pain. "You've hurt me more than you can imagine. I can't do this anymore."

And with that my best friend got up and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't my best work but it'll have to do especially considering that I haven't written anything in over a year. But by posting this, this is my commitment to my readers that I will finish this story. If you have any predictions, suggestions as to where you want this story to go don't be afraid to PM me. Who knows your plot twists might be better than mine (;