Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Dressed To Thrill

I was probably acting a little too dramatic, but it wasn’t the first time Pete had done something like that. I was sick of it and I left the table knowing that if I had stayed I would have said or done something worth regretting. I got inside my car and perched myself on the driver’s seat.

“Knowing Pete, he would have equipped this baby with a shitload of music,” I mumbled to myself, searching the car’s many compartments.

I opened up the glove compartment and found a plethora of neatly stacked albums. I scanned the covers, looking for something perfect to fit my mood and finally decided on Senses Fail’s Let It Enfold You.

I popped the CD into the stereo and bumped the volume loud enough to be heard from inside the restaurant. I closed my eyes and began to feel the music, within seconds I was belting out Rum Is For Drinking Not For Burning.

“This captain goes down with the ship. All hands on deck, stand hip-to-hip. I shout the orders. Shoot to kill! I'm dressed to thrill, I'm dressed to thrill.”

I was knocked out of the moment when I heard someone banging on the passenger side’s door. I stoppedscreaming singing and opened my eyes to find Jon outside. He gestured for me to unlock the door and I did as asked. Once inside, he turned down the volume and smiled sweetly at me.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” I mumbled, looking down at my currently folded hands.

“So before I say anything else, I would like to formally introduce myself… without the help of anyone. Hello, I’m Jonathon Jacob Walker and I’m the bassist of Panic at the Disco.”

I looked at him peculiarly but then remembered that I do the exact same thing when I talk to someone new; I just plain out introduce myself.

“Nice to meet you Jon. My name is Chelsea May Cabado and I guess I’m going to be your future therapist,” I said without my usual enthusiasm.

“Well I came out here to see how you’re doing. I know I don’t really know you but you seem like you need someone to talk to so I just excused myself from the table and here I am,” he smiled.

His smile was very warm, for lack of a better word. I knew that it was the same smile that made girls everywhere swoon, but actually experiencing it in person, that baby made me forget for a split second why I was out of the restaurant in the first place.

“That’s very nice of you,” I said truthfully. “And I guess I do need someone to talk to.”

“Well then let’s talk,” he said, turning in his seat so he could fully face me.

“Uhh okay. I left the table because I’m just sick of it,” I said.

“Sick of what?” he asked before I could continue.

“Pete and his rudeness. He’s not always like that but when he is… it’s just UGHH,” I complained.

“What does he do?” Jon asked intrigued.

“Like what happened just right now, that’s not the first time he’s done something like that. He always makes it look like I’m unavailable when guys seem genuinely interested in me when we’re in public places. Like I know that nothing will develop from any of these people but still, he doesn’t have to do that. Brendon’s name has just been added to my list of Pete appointed “boyfriends”. Along with Brendon, there’s Joe, Andy, Patrick, and even himself!” I ranted. “It was around Christmastime and he surprised me by visiting me at my dorm. He took me shopping at Irvine Spectrum and when he saw that this guy was looking me up and down he laced our fingers together. The freaking nerve of him!”

“Have you tried talking about this with him?” Jon asked.

“No…”I said, probably sounding stupid. “But he knows that I hate it when he does that.”

“Are you sure? Pete isn’t exactly the brightest light bulb and he won’t stop unless someone plains out tells him to. Just see his side of the story and then explain to him how it makes you feel, then ask him if he could cool it down a bit,” Jon advised.

“You know what? You’re right!” I smiled, giving Jon a hug. “Thank you very much.”

“No problem,” he chuckled, squeezing me.

“I find this situation funny,” I said.

“Really? How so?” he asked, breaking off our hug.

“Soon enough I’m going to be getting paid to listen to your problems, but here you are now, not even knowing me for a day, letting me vent out some of my frustrations,” I pointed out.

“I never looked at it that way, but even though it will be your job to listen to me, just know that you can always come to me when you need someone to talk to.”

“You don’t know how much that means to me,” I said, giving him another hug.

“Well it’s true. So are you ready to go back in there?” he asked.

“Yes, yes I am,” I said confidently.
Jon and I walked back to the group where we seated ourselves at our previous spots. A wave of sympathetic smiles washed over me yet one of them turned into a look of what could be mistaken for as jealousy.

“Jon, if I were you I would watch out,” Brendon said coldly. “You never know what Cassie, your girlfriend, might think if she hears that you’re off alone with another girl.”

“Man Brendon, just shut up!” I snapped. “Jon was just being a good friend and seeing if I was okay. If his girlfriend would even doubt that someone as nice as him would cheat then she’s not worth keeping. You on the other hand, what are you trying to imply? That I would do something with Jon after just meeting him? I’m not some whore who would do such a thing.”

“Chelsea, just chill,” Jon said. “Don’t waste your breath on him. Let him think what he wants to think. It’s not worth it to get so worked up.”

Brendon rolled his eyes as I acquainted myself with my now cold strawberry crepe. As I ate I felt a pair of eyes staring at me, I subtly looked up and found that those eyes belonged to Pete. The look he gave me said it all; he was sorry. I pursed my lips together and nodded. He then whipped out his sidekick and began to text something. When he was finished my Blackberry began to obnoxiously sing –the ringtone that Pete had assigned himself- Doncha by The Pussy Cat Dolls.

My cheeks began to grow hot as I fumbled around the pocket that was so conveniently located on Joe’s boxers. I finally felt the smoothness of my cellular device and took out my Blackberry Pearl, silencing my ringer. Everyone’s amused eyes were on me as I silently read Pete’s text.

May can you forgive me? I mosdef took it too far this time. Please give me another chance bestfriend? :[

I thought for a moment before replying back.

Can we talk about this later? You’re buying me Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf [:

I pressed send and looked up. Everyone had seemed to forget about the once awkward situation and were off in their own little side conversations. Within seconds my phone vibrated and I read Pete’s response.

Yeah of course we can but if I’m paying do we have to go to Coffee Bean? Starbucks is so much better.

I disagreed wholeheartedly and he knew that. I responded back.

Hey buddy, you need to make it up to ME. Not the other way around. Starbucks is WHACK compared to Coffee Bean

After receiving the text, he made eye contact with me and nodded in defeat. Pete knew that I was stubborn and would never give up on my fight to prove that Coffee Bean was better than Starbucks. I grinned back and looked down at my half eaten crepe. My stomach couldn’t take any more food so I offered it up to the whole table.

“Don’t mind if I do,” Spencer said, grabbing the plate.

I shook my head and giggled as Ryan stole forkfuls of the strawberry goodness while Spencer closed his eyes, savoring the taste.

“Yuuuum, this is so good,” Spencer moaned, opening his eyes. “Wait! What happened? Where did the rest of it go?”

“All in here man,” Ryan said proudly, rubbing his stomach.

Spencer glared as the whole table snickered at their antics.

“I want to go home,” he whined.

“Spencer, Vegas is a 5 hour drive,” Ryan pointed out.

“Not there, dumbass,” Spencer retorted. “Back to Pete’s place. Chelsea May can we go now?”

“Yeah, sure,” I replied, getting up. “Anyone else want to ride with me?”

“Me,” chorused Ryan, Jon, Patrick, Joe, and Andy.

“No one wants to ride with me?” Pete pouted.

“I do sweetie,” Ashlee said, pecking him on the lips.

“Let’s go boys,” I said, motioning for the guys to file out.

“Have fun with the two lovebirds, Brendon,” Joe snickered as we walked away from them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I should stop updating everyday and let some subscribers catch up hahah
So I took my mibba bff's advice and I'm combining chapters to get to the more jucier stuff :D Next update shall make MANY of you happy [:

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING <3
Comment / Subscribe