Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

"Vic, no." I stated, hands on hips.

"Oh come on! It would be a sweet ass tattoo!" I glared at Vic Fuentes.

"I'm not getting your fucking face on my back."

"But it's so pretty" He grinned. I raised an eyebrow at him, a talent I am extrememly proud of. Mike Fuentes, Vic's younger brother, snorted next to me. Vic glared at him.

"Hey. It's better then if she got yours." Vic retorted.

"But I'm so colorful!" Mike argued back, referring to the myriad of tattoos that adorn his body. I rolled my eyes and walked away from the quarrling siblings.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kailyn Perry and the two idiots you already met are Vic and Mike Fuentes. Mike has been my best friend since we started high school, and by association, so has Vic. We live in sunny, dry, and hot San Diego, California. Mike and I had just graduated from High School and neither of us had any intention of going back.

So you may ask what we we are planning on doing now that school is over and we're not going to college to 'make something of ourselves'. Well, my friends, we're musicians, the time honored excuse to not be educated. In our band, Mike and Vic covering drums, guitar, and vocals while Kevin is our other guitarist and sometimes keboardist. And me? I'm the bassist. Yeah, I know, a female bassist, but say some smart remark around me and I'll show what else I can do with a bass guitar.

And now about the little scene above where the boys are obviously under some delusion that I'm going to get one of their ugly mugs inked onto my skin. I turned 18 about 6 months ago and have always sworn I was going to get a tattoo and now that we've graduated, it seems like a perfect opportunity. But something else had caught my interest. The pounding beats of a band just down the street at the Village theatre. I walked down the streetlight lit sidewalk to investigate.

"Hey guys! Stop bitching and follow me!" Grumbling, Vic and Mike jogged after me to catch up.

"Where we going, Kai?" Mike asked as they fell into stride next to me.

"You can't hear it?" I asked, incredulously, picking up the pace.

"Hear what?" Vic questioned as his short legs struggled to keep up.

"The music!" I shouted, nearly running to get there before the song ended. I turned the corner and the village green held a large crowd for a local performance. I walked to the front to investigate the band for myself. I froze once I got to the stage. I recognized the guitarist immediately. I stalked foreward when the song ended. His eyes got wide when he spotted me. I cocked an eyebrow.

"Got a job, huh?" I sneered. He laughed nervously and spread his arms out.

"Um. Welcome to my work?" I rolled my eyes at Tony Perry. Yes, Perry. My older brother. He had told out mom he had a job. He probably should have been more specific.

"You're not going to tell mom about this are you? I'll never hear the end of it." I rolled my eyes.

"Tony, you're 20 years old. You can take of yourself. Although it would get her off my back about the college thing..." He narrowed his eyes at me. I laughed, gave him the peace sign before walking to the less populated edge of the stage by the bassist. I nodded in his direction and he smiled coyly at me.

Cute

His dark hair was spiked up with a strip of white off center and in serious need of a root touch up. I watched as he flew across the stage. Our style was similar while playing. Fuck who ever was watching, just feel the music and move. When the song ended he walked over to the end of the stage.

"Hey." He said. I smirked and nodded.

"Your E's a little sharp." I commented. His eyebrows rose.

"You play?"

"Yeah." He smiled that coy smile again and handed me a slip of paper he pulled out of his back pocket. It had a phone number on it. I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"Meet me after the show. We can...talk bass." He flashed me another smile and walked over to the drummer. I glanced down at the slip in my hand.

It was going to be an interesting night.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's chapter one!!!

This one's going to be unpdated a little slower then Love Songs/Line were, mainly because I haven't completely figured out how I'm going to make this work.

And no, Hi-Me isn't going ot be quite as...sweet...as he was in the last one. He's going to be a bit more human, lol.

And Kailyn is OBVIOUSLY very different from Paxton.

Anyway. Hope you like =)

Comment
please and thank you

<3 W^C