Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

Not JEALOUS

"Whoa whoa whoa, what's the rush, miss sporadic bass solo?" Vic caught my elbow as I hurridly tried to leave the venue. I groaned, but forced a smile for him.

"You're just jealous of our amazing Perry talent." Tony interjected, slinging his arm arond my shoulders. This time my laughter was true. Both Tony and I had taken a solo during the nights performance; and rocked the house, if I do say so myself. I had caught Hi-me's reaction during mine, and let me tell you just how sweet it was. He had gone slack jawed and dropped his arm from the wall. Much to the blonde's chagrin, he moved away from her and toward the stage. He didn't even look back at her. How sad is it that I find a certain victory in this?

"Not JEALOUS!" Vic insisted. Tony and I both gave him the "yeah right" look. Vic rolled his eyes.

"Ok, maybe just a little." I chuckled and then moved to leave again. I was tired and just wanted to go home and sleep. Not to mention I really didn't feel like watching Hi-me flirt with that stupid little blonde. Not that I'm jealous! Ok I am. Fuck me.

"Nuh-uh. You're staying here." Mike said, blocking off the doorway. I glared at him.

"And why is that?"

"Because we're getting something to eat. We were on FIRE tonight, Miss Perry, and are going to celebrate." Mike stated matter-a-factly. I rolled my eyes.

"Who's we?" I asked skeptically, eyeing Mike's uneasy face.

"Well, Vic, Tony, you, me..."

"And Hi-me, right?" Mike chewed on his lip ring, a tell tale sign.

"Awwww, Mikey, come on!" I whined, "I really don't want to end an awesome night by watching Hi-me flirt with some slutty blonde bimbo."

"Jealous?" A voice whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and glared at Hi-me behind me.

"Hardly," I drawled, hand on my hip, "I just shouldn't have to be subjected to that much ICK in one sitting."

"I'm out!" Mike said, throwing his hands up in surrender and chasing the others out of the room.

"Well, calm yourself. I don't even know the girls name nor is she coming with us. Now move. I'm hungry." Hi-me stated, wrapping his arm around my waist and pushing me out of the door.

***********

"And here's to tonight's MVP, Kailyn Perry, with her ass whoopin' bass solo." Vic laughed, raising his bottle of beer into the air. I loud cheer erupted from all of them, including an attempt at the myrth by Hi-me, surprisingly enough. I grinned at them, my cheeks burning slightly from the attention. I eyed the bottle in my hand, it was almost empty.

"I'll be right back, guys. Bar run. Anyone want anything?" I stored the orders to memory and strode over to the bar. I leaned against the sticky wooden table and shouted to the tender.

"Yo, Theo!" The bartender popped up from below a couple feet away. Theo smiled and walked over to me, his clear blue eyes sparkling from behind the his blonde fringe. Mike and I had frequented this club often and had quickly befriended Theo Anderson, who had graduated around Vic's year.

"What can I get you, girlie?" Theo asked. Theo was born in the Western corner of England until he was seven when he moved to California, so his words were accently with that polite air the Brits possess. Theo was also gay, hence the 'girlie.'

"Two buds, One miller, A Miller Light, and a cosmopolitan." Theo quirked an eyebrow at me, but proceeded to fix the drinks as ordered.

"When did you become a cosmo girl, Kai?"

"Me? Please. Mines the Miller."

"Then who-"

"Don't ask, I'm sworn to secrecy." I responded. I tried picking up the drinks but struggled with the odd shape of the cosmo's glass.

"Check, love!" A voice, accented similarly to Theo's, exclaimed suddenly, snatching the drink before it toppled over. I looked up into the dark eyes the grinned at me silently.

"Thanks a bunch. Damn Vic." I stated.

"The cosmo's for Vic? Oh I'm never letting him live this down." Theo chuckled. I smiled and held a finger to my lips.

"Shhhhh," I whispered before turning back to the Englishman who had caught Vic's drink.

"Kailyn, This is Nick Watson, an old family friend from across the waters. Plays guitar for my band." Theo interjected. I smiled at Nick.

"Hey, I'm Kailyn Perry and-waaaait a second! When did you start a band?" I exclaimed, turning back to Theo.

"About a year ago. I didn't tell you? Oh, well suprise!" Theo answered, throwing his arms up in the air. I laughed.

"Yeah? What're you called?"

"Trusting Yesterday. We actually have Hopeless interested." I raised an eyebrow at Theo.

"Really?"

"Yeah, until Ashton decided to go and get educated" Nick interjected, curling his lip.

"So now we're two guitarists, a vocalist, and a drummer. Fantasitic, yeah?" I blinked.

"You lost you bass?" Theo nodded mornfully. I skillfully took a sip of my beer without spilling any of the guys'

"How's your band? What's the name again?" Theo asked. Nick started.

"You're in a band?"

"Yeah, sorta. I used to play bass with a couple of my friends, but our guitarist left-"

"Kevin quit?" Theo injected, shocked.

"Yep, he's a dick. So we merged with my brother's band, Trigger My Nightmare. But there are TWO basses now so we have a little competition going to see who gets the spot." My mood darkened as I reminded myself that my job was at stake.

"I was wondering why Tony was with you guys. Who's the-" Theo held his hand open palmed on his forehead, indicating Hi-me's hair.

"Hi-me. He's my competition." I muttered. Theo snorted.

"Hi-me?"

"Fucking retarded, right?" Nick had been silently staring at me through this entire exchange and then he suddenly slammed his hand down on

"I knew I recognized you! You were at The Basement tonight! Bloody hell, you were fucking fantastic, Kailyn!" I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, tell that to Hi-me." I grumbled.

"Jesus, I don't want to! Let him have the spot! Come play with us!" Nick responded, excitedly. Theo suddenly caught on and jumped into the conversation.

"We've already got an offer, Kai! You'll go straight to the top!" I stood frozen in shock and stared at them.

"G-guys I can't- I can't just leave my friends!" I stuttered.

"Yeah? Well they don't seem to have any qualms about dropping you." Theo stated. I blinked, completely shell shocked. Here I was, so worried about keeping with my band, who was barely maing ripples in the music scene, when they weren't to upset about Hi-me challenging me. I swallowed nervously.

"Kai! What's taking so long?" I heard Mike shout from the table. I manuevered the cosmo into my my hands.

"I've got to go." I mumbled, moving to turn away. Nick reached out and grasped my arm.

"Hang on. You ever want to play with people who want you to play with them, ring me." He said, sticking a cocktail napkin in my jeans pocket. I nodded and hastily made my way over to my table. I slid everyone there drinks and sat back next Mike.

"What was the hold up, Kai?" Vic asked. I forced a grin.

"They had to make your pussy drink." Vic glowered at me and took a gulp of his cosmo.

"It tastes good, damn it." He grumbled. Theo, who's shift had just ended, walked by the table with Nick. Nick nodded at me knowingly and I returned the acknowledgemnt weakly.

"Who's that with Theo?" Vic asked.

"Just a friend." I whispered, tkaing another swig of my beer.

"You ok, Kai?" Mike asked me in a low voice so only could hear.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him, but I couldn't get the thought out of my head.

Was Nick right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooorrryyyyy that took me so long!
I've got this story completely finished, sequel and all so I'll be releasing it a chapter a day =)

I'm working on a Tom Kaulitz story that is almost finished so I should start posting that soon =)

And I've started an Alex Gaskarth story as well.

I love you guys a lot, forreal.
Please stay with me, yeah?

Comments
please and thank you!

<3 W^C