Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

Dreams Only Last for a Night, but I'll Take Them

Image

The crowd had dispersed and most of the band had already left. Except for my mystery bassist. I leaned against the brick of the stage, fiddling with the phone number in my palm and sending out multiple text messages to Vic and Mike to just leave me the fuck alone.

They're a little over protective.

There were raised voices behind the stage door to my left. Suddenly the stage door opened and then slammed again and the bassist stormed out, his hair slightly deflated and flopping in his eyes while his bass kept slipping off his shoulder. At first he walked right past me, and I stayed where I was. Then he stopped in his tracks and slowly turned. When his eyes caught me a slow grin slid across his face. He jerked his head in a 'come on' motion. I raised an eyebrow at him and pushed off the wall to follow.

"You think you can order me around with a jerk of your head?" I asked, eyeing him. He was nice to look at.

"Yeah."

"How do you figure?"

"Well, you're following aren't you?"

"Maybe I just live this way." I replied arrogantly, one hand on my hip.

"And you just decided to leave when I did?"

"Yeah." I stated resolutely. My blood was heated from our exchange. And at the glint in his eye. He stepped forward and lowered his head slightly so it was centimeters from mine.

"Will you please come with me?" He whispered. His breath on my face sent my senses reeling.

"Yes." I whispered back. With a hint of a smile on his face, he took my hand. Our hands meshed perfectly. He led me down the sidewalk of the city until we reached a sandstone building on a corner about 5 blocks away.

"I have something I want to show you." He murmered. I nodded and let him take me up the fire escape on the side of the building and into an apartment room on the third floor. I looked around. Not too bad for the decrepit building it was in. The bed was made, there weren't any dirty dishes in the sink, nothing littered the floor. It was almost as if-

"Your girlfriend clean for you?" He looked over at me, mirth glinting his green eyes.

"Single." He replied. I nodded, ignoring the elation rising in my chest.

"So you're just a neat freak, then." He chuckled lightly and then tugged me by the hand into the next room.

"THIS is what I wanted to show you. At least you'll appreciate it." He took a case off the bed and onto the table and opened it. I gasped when I recognized it's contents instantly.It was a music man stingray bass guitar with humbucker and piezo pick ups on the bridge. I ran my hand gingerly over the sleek body.

"It's beautiful." I breathed. He smiled. Not that flirtatious, coy smile he had been giving me all night, but a true smile of happiness. We really were going to talk bass. And what a bass!

"Isn't it, though?"

"God yes! I'd kill for an insturment like this!" I replied.

"Finally someone who gets it. Go ahead. You can play it." My head flew up to look at him. Was he insane?! This masterpiece should be in a friggin safe.

"Are you serious?"

"You're a bassist. I can trust you." He answered, lifting it from the velvet case and then standing behind me to slide the strap over my shoulder. I stared in awe and slowly plucked the strings, pressing down the notes to 'Kissing in Cars,' one of Vic's song. My breath caught and buterflies flitted in my belly when his hands rested on mine. His fingers pressed against mine on the frets and his other hand slid down my right arm to encircle my wrist. I had to stop playing when his lips brushed the shell of my ear and then down the length of my neck before pressing heated kisses on my shoulder blade. My breathing was shallow as he lifted the guitar off my shoulders and placed it back in the case. Adrenaline coursed through me like the fire he ignited in my veins when he turned back to me and slammed his lips to mine, grabbing my hips and pulling me against him. I gasped and opened my lips to allow his tounge entrance while wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my hands in his hair. He backed me up against the wall and placed his hands on either side of my head, trapping me in front of him. He pulled back slightly and looked down at me. Both of us were breathing hard.

"I'm Jaime." He panted. It wasn't until this point that I realized I hadn't known his name.

"Kailyn." I responded breathlessly.

"Good to know." He said before kissing me roughly and gently lowering me onto the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, a lot of my readers stayed with me =)
yay.

and NO, this story isn't going to be all sex. I just had to start it that way. The action picks up in the next part. I'm actually really enjoying this story. I had been working so long on Paxton that it's nice to figure out the mannerisms and thoughts of someone completely different.

Oh, and Hi-Me does play a stingray. It's been my dream bass since before I even heard of Pierce the Veil. The fact that he owns one makes me insanely jealous.
If only i had two grand just lying around.

anyway

comment
please and thank you

<3 W^C