Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

Two faced

"Morning, Tony." I said, coming down the stairs into the kitchen of the apartment we shared since I graduated. He glared and returned to his frosted cheerios.

"Well, good morning, Kailyn, How are you? Sleep well? Why yes, yes Tony I did. Thanks so much for asking." I mocked reaching up to grab a plastic bowl off the top shelf of the cainet.

"You came home late the other night, Kai." He said gruffly.

"You mean after the concert that you dind't have, according to mom? Yeah. I went out for a while. Is that what's got you in such a terrible mood?" I was confused. With a promise I'd call him, I'd slunk from Jaime's apartment and made it home at about 4 am a couple nights ago. I was playing it cool. I'd call him in about 2 days, but I couldn't force a grin from my face at the thought of him. However, Tony usually doesn't care if I come home late.

"No. Three fucking members of my band decided to drop out the other night. Now it's just a fucking bassist and me. God damn it." He tossed his bowl into the sink, splattering milk on the cabinet.

"Sorry, nee." I said. I honestly did feel bad for him. But right now I was late. I put the bowl back up on the shelf.

"It's fine, I guess. I found another local band to merge with" He commented.

"Hey, tell me more about it later. I'm a little late to practice already and have got to go get ready." Tony nodded at me.

"Yeah, I've got to meet this new band anyway. See ya later, Kai." And he walked out the back door and I bounded up the stairs to quickly get dressed.

********************

I rushed into the Fuentes garage about 20 minutes late to practice.

"Hey, guys. I'm so sorry I'm late, I slept in an- Tony? What are you doing here?" I asked, dumbfounded as to why my brother was currently sitting on a crate against he back wall of the Fuentes garage.

"Remember that local band we're merging with?"

"MY band?! You're merging with MY band?!" I exclaimed, my jaw dropped in complete shock. "But what about Kevin?" I questioned, glancing at Vic and Mike who sat near Tony.

"Quit." Kevin fucking QUIT?! And no one told me?!

"You could let me know?!"

"We tried to. We kept texting you the other night but you just kept telling us to, and I quote, 'go the fuck away'" Vic responded. I flipped my phone open and read their texts more closely. Oh. Fuck they did try to tell me. I sighed and plunked down next to Tony.

"Yeah, alright. We can make this work. It'll be like a sibling thing. The Fuentes and Perry's." I commented, trying desperately to look on the bright side. The all exchanged looks. I narrowed my eyes at them.

"About that. Hi-Me wants in."

"Who the hell is Hi-Me?"

"He sorta the bassist fo-"

"OH HELL NO!" I shouted. They were trying to replace with some jak off named HI-ME?! "You can't fucking replace me!"

"We're not, Kai! But we can't just turn Hi-me away." Vic responded.

"Yes you fucking can! You say 'Sorry, we already have a bassist.'" I exclaimed. It was unbelievable. I don't go to college, for this band and they were trying to kick me out.

"Where the hell is this Hi-me bitch? I will personally tell him where he can go stick is bass up-" The door to the garage opened and I paused. Jaime walked in. I frowned. What was Jaime doing here?

"Hey, sorry I'm late." He said, putting the case with his old electric bass on the ground. I was about to say something when Tony spoke.

"Hey, Hi-me." I looked at Tony and then my head flew to look at Jaime. Jaime had been Tony's bassist in his old band. Jaime. Jai-Me. Hi-Me. Fucking hell.

"You're Hi-me?!" I asked incredulously. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey, Kailyn."

******************

I slammed my case down, grumbling as I slid my bass into into the fake velvet lining. Tony had left earlier while Mike and Vic hadd gone inside to get something to drink. I saw two arms rest against eh table next to me. I looked up. Jaime. Damn.

"You never called me." He said mildly. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Obviously that was a wise move on my part." Silence ensued as I tried to untangle the chords to put them away. Jaime reached over and help, twisting the wirese to seperate them. You could cut the tension with a knife.

"So, you know, I've been thinking." I raised an eyebrow at him. "I enjoyed the other night. We should do it again sometime." My jaw dropped.

"You're trying to take my spot in the band and now you want to make nice?!" I exclaimed, completely shocked at the assholes audacity.

"More then nice." He smiled that damned coy smile at me and stepped closer to me, leaning in slightly. I ignored my racing pulse and glared at him.

"You're dispicable." I hissed.

"That's not what you were saying the other night." He smirked, leaning down further, his face centimeters from mine.

"Fuck. You." I growled.

"That's more like it." I scoffed at him, disgusted. I shoved him away from me, grabbed my guitar, and stormed out of the garage.

Fucking bastard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one.
And the honeymoon is over, lol.

Anyway. The next one probably won't be out until tomorrow.

Comment =)
please and thank you

<3 W^C