Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

Strategy

"Tony! Have you seen my extra-" I had walking down the stairs, in a pretty good mood for the first time in days. Until I saw who was sitting in my kitchen."-strings. What do you want, Hi-me?"

"Chill, I'm not here for you. Tony and I are going out. However, you can come with. Especially dressed like that." I glared at him as his eyes scanned my skinny jeans and tank top. My lip curled in disgust.

"Go fall in a ditch." I hissed, turning to the cabinet. Suddenly I felt his breath on the back of my neck. My pulse was erratic as his hands rested lightly on my hips.

"Only if you join me" He murmered seductively. I was about to respond when steps echoed down the hall.

"Hey, Kai, is Hi-me here yet?" Jaime stepped back as Tony entered the room.

"Unfortunately." I muttered darkly and then waving to Tony as they left. I reached up and got the bowl off of the shelf in the cabinet, trying desperately to calm my breathing. Hi-me could NOT effect me like this. He's my damned competition! The doorbell rang a few minutes later and I stepped out of the kitchen to the apartment door. Mike was standing the the hall.

"You just missed Tony and Hi-Me." He frowned at me.

"But I came to see you..."

"Yeah, sure, whatever." I grumbled, closing the door behind him. I saw Mike roll his eyes.

"You need a new hobby. One that isn't terrorizing Hi-me. Get a boyfriend." I raised my trademark brow at him.

"I don't date, remember?" Especially after the debacle with the last guy I was with who is now trying to STEAL MY JOB. Not that that actually hurt or anything, of course not. Like Hi-me could hurt me. I'm just making a point.

"Don't you think you're setting your standards a little high?" Mike asked, settling himself on the couch in the living room.

"No. I have very average standards, thank you. You know the guys in San Diego. It's all 'hey baby' this and 'how 'bout you come with me, hottie' that, or they speak spanish to you because they're under the delusion that it's so incredibly sexy." I was extremely disenchanted with the guy scene of San Diego. Especially since I was a female bassist. You should HEAR some of the remarks guys shout when I'm on stage.

"What's wrong with a guy thinking you're hot?" I gave Mike a look. Guys just don't get it.

"I don't want to be some guys hottie. The guy who thinks I'm beautiful, that's the guy for me." I stated simply, taking a sip of my water.

"Alright, Kailyn." Mike said uncertainly. I smiled at him and placed a hand on his tatooed forearm.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I am perfectly intent on tormenting Hi-me. It's a full time job." I joked. Mike rolled his eyes again.

"Anyway, We've got a show two weeks from tomorrow and-" The door opened again and there stood my living nightmare.

"Who gave you a key?" I asked scathingly.

"Tony lent it to me, he asked me to go get his jacket. Can you show me where his room is?" Jaime responded, shutting the heavy door behind him. I sighed and stood, giving Mike an exasperated look, and leading Jaime up the stairs to Tony's bedroom on the left.

"This is his room right here, but I don't know where you'll find the coat. The only jacket he wears he usually keeps in his car until I force him to wash it." I stated, opening the door and stepping inside, followed by Jaime. He stepped foreward and then turned back to me.

"I know, I lied." I blinked at him.

"What?"

"I need to talk to you. You know the band has a show in two weeks, right?" I nodded, still eyeing him cautiously.

"I was talking to Vic and they want us to trade off shows until they figure out who they want as the permenant bassist." I felt my blood boil. Oh how nice of Vic to talk to him about the future of the band and then NOT talk to me about it.

"Who takes the first show?" I asked flatly, doing my best not to convey any emotion. Jaime ruffled his spiked hair nervously.

"That's just it, they left it to us. I've thought about it and I want you to take it." I stared at him. Not the response I was expecting. Jaime sighed at my silence.

"Look. I almost feel bad about this whole thing, ok? Just play the first show. I'll take the second." He almost felt bad? Well that's a heart felt apology for fucking me twice over. I studied his face, he had fixed his expression to look earnest but it was in his eyes that I looked. The green was conniving. I saw straight through his stupid plan. Have me play first, he can scope out my skill and the fine tune his to be better. He'd have the advantage. Inside, I laughed hysterically, almost impressed by his obvious strategy. Get me to trust him again and then completly throttle me on stage. He was almost an even match for me. I forced a convincing half smile to curve the corner of my mouth.

"No, Hi-me. I've been giving you kind of a hard time, you go ahead and take the first show." I replied calmly. Jaime blinked at me, stunned. No way out of it now. I had to fight to keep my pleasent expression from slipping into a trumphant grin.

"Oh. Um. Ok. Yeah, sure. Thanks." he stuttered and then left the room as I followed him. I watched him walk down the hall to the elevator, an accomplished smirk spreading on my lips.

Hi-me has no idea who he's dealing with.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually don't like this part that much.
But whatever., it gets the stage set up for the next couple.

Love you guys =)

comment =)
please and thank you

<3 W^C