Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

S.O.L

The music pounded over the speakers at our first show as a 'new band.' I chewed my lips nervously as I watched from the pit at the bassist end of the stage. Jaime was good. Jaime was damn good. The night was not going as I planned. I was expecting him to do well, but fumble through the songs he had just learned in the past 3 weeks.

No such luck.

Hi-me threw himself into the music, getting the crowd pumping and screaming. God damn it, I'm going to have to show this up. I should have gone first.

"Kai!" I looked up to see Vic striding to the my side of the stage.

"The next song needs a keyboard. Can you do it?" I rolled my eyes and then held up my hand for him to hoist me up onto the abnormally high stage. I strode to the electric keyboard set up next to the amp behind Jaime. I slid my fingers over the keys, smiled at Vic and nodded, hitting the opening chord. The notes flowed through my fingers as they pressed down the keys. I pulsed to the bass as the lights slid over my thin frame. Suddenly a shadow fell over me. I looked up and Hi-me stood diagonally to the keyboard. His eyes rested on mine.

"Stringray tonight?" I casually referenced the bass in his hand, continueing with the song as if his presence didn't make me nervous. Which is didn't.

"Special occasion." He stated with a small smile that I realized he got when he talked about music. He continued to look at me, his back to the crowd. I swallowed anxiously.

"Pay attention to the crowd." I hissed above the amps.

"can't." he stated simply.

"Can't? What do you mean you can't?" I asked incredulous.

"I can't look away." He stated, a gleam in his eye. I deny the skip of my heart.

"Jaime, shut up and do your job." I growled, hitting my final note and then leaping off the stage.

*****************

"See you at home, Kai!" Tony called, walking out of the small, makeshift dressing room backstage. I waved as I finsihed stuffing the last chord into the keyboard bag, just to have it come bursting out again.

"God damn it!" I exclaimed, reaching down for it. Another hand beat me to it. I looked up and saw Jaime leaning down beside me, raising the chords from the ground.

"Here you go." He said, pushing the chords into the pocket of the bag and zipping it forefully.

"Thanks." I mumbled awkwardly.

"So are we the last ones here?" Jaime asked nonchalantly, as he placed his prized bass into it's lined case.

"Yeah." I replied. Why does he keep talking to me. I heard his case snap closed and before I could blink I was pressed against the wall, my arms pinned to my sides and Jaime's face inches from mine. I had to force myself to breathe.

"Por Ășltimo" He whispered. As I worked on calming my pulse, I rolled my eyes.

"Spanish isn't sexy, Hi-me." He quirked an eyebrow at me. Damn it, that was MY trade mark. [strike]forget that he looked gorgeous doing it. [/strike]

"No? Fine with me." And he pressed his lips agains mine. My heart nearly burst in my chest. With my hands pinned to the wall I couldn't tangle them in Jaime's hair like I so desperately wanted to. His mouth ravaged mine and his tounge forced my teeth apart to explore. God he tasted good. It had been three weeks since I had tasted him and I can't lie, I missed it. Finally his hands released my wrists to attach to my hips as he let out a quiet moan. Just as my hands were crawling up his chest to his hair when the door handle turned. We both froze. Our positioning was incriminating to say the least. I was pushed against the wall with one leg wrapped around Jaime's waist and his hands sliding up the back of my shirt. Shit. Jaime sprang back from me as the door opened.

"Hey, forgot my hat." Tony came walking back into the room. He looked at Jaime and my flushed faces.

"You guys ok?" Jaime nodded. Tony shrugged and walked back out of the room. I hastily grabbed the keyboard and followed.

What the hell was wrong with me?!
♠ ♠ ♠
This ones better then the last.
And there's some Kailyn/Hime action. hoo rah.

Anyway, starting in the next part there is actually going ot be some character development (GASP) with Jaime and Kailyn so you can understand them better.

Love ya guys.

Comment
please and thank you

<3 W^C