Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

You're Not Going Anywhere

I avoided Hi-me for a week.

Which was hard since I had to see him everyother day for practice, but I managed. I hastely shoved my bass into the case and made to leave the garage until Mike caught my elbow.

"Whoa, you're not going anywhere." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. I don't raise my eyebrow anymore. That trait has been corrupted.

"You and I are going to have some good ol' fashion bonding time." He stated, taking the case out of my hands and placing it in the corner of the garage.

"Um. the band just hung out the other night." I stated. That was insanely awkward for me, thank you Vic.

"Not the BAND, you and me. Best friend time." I sighed and followed him into the fuentes brothers house, slgihtly apprehensive. Yes I KNOW Mike is my best friend, but we never needed 'bonding time' as he so nicely put it. Mike proceeded to rummage through the refrigerator.

"You know, I want chicken. Although pizza sounds pretty damn good at the moment. Ooo, but look there's noodles. Fucking love noodles. Oh sorry, do you want some?" I stared at the concoction in his arms and shook my head slowly. Mike was a nervous eater. Not a good sign. I took the three large boxes out of his hands and put them on the kitchen counter.

"What is it, Mike?" I asked. He looked at me, a piece of chicken filling his mouth.

"What is what?"

"Mike. We've been best friends for four years. I know when somethings bothering you. Now what." I stated pointedly, staring him down.

"Vic and Tony wanted me to talk to you." I raised an eyebrow at him (yes, I'm a hypocrite. So sue me.)

"And what about?" I asked apprehensively.

"Look, I didn't volunteer for this job and I was only chosen because we're best friends and apparently that me-"

"MIKE!" I shouted, breaking through his ramblings.

"Fine! Just come here. I need to show you something." Mike was chewing nervously on his lip ring as he trudged down the hall to the basement door. I quirked an eyebrow at him as he gestured through the door. I started walking down the stairs when suddenly Hi-me appeared, sprinting up them and toward me.

"Don't let them close the door!" He shouted, lunging at me. I shrieked and pressed against the wall. Hi-me dove head first at the door, only to crash against the wood as it slammed closed. I rolled my eyes.

"Hi-me, you dumbass. Just use...the...knob..." I had tried turning the doorknob but it wouldn't budge. I twisted it again frantically, pushing at the door with all my might.

"Don't bother. It's locked." Hi-me groaned, walking back down the wooden stairs. I pounded on the door.

"Michael Fuentes, you open this god damn door this instant or I will personally peel each of your tattoos off one by one!" I shouted. Nothing.

"Mike, open the fuck u-"

"Give it up! They're not going to open it." I heard Hi-me state below me. I stomped down the stairs and started angrily pacing the floor in front of Hi-me who was on the couch.

"What the hell are you doing here? You left a half an hour ago!" I exclaimed, still pacing.

"Correction, your darling brother locked me down here a half an hour ago."He stated calmly, his eyes following me as I walked the floor. I turned and glared at him.

"How the hell are you so calm?!" He held up a disk in his hand. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Tony threw this at me and said to watch it when you showed up." He replied nonchalantly, slipping the disk into the player across from the couch and then sitting back down. I huffed and plopped onto the couch as well, sitting as far away from Hi-me as possible. The faces of Vic, Mike, and Tony showed up on the screen.

"HI GUYS!" Vic shouted at us. I glared at him. Tony and Mike waved.

"Soooo...you're currently locked in our basement in case you didn't realize that yet." I rolled my eyes at Vic.

"ANYWAY." Tony cut Vic off, shooting him an aggravated glare. "We gave you guys a month to start getting along on your own and you didn't. So now we're forcing you to."

"Whether you guys like it or not, we're a band. And conflict in a band is a serious no no." Vic added.

"So be nice and we might let you out tomorrow morning." Mike finished.

"BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!" They all chorused, waving at us from the screen. I growled at their smiling faces and chucked the remote at the tv, which deflected off the corner of the set. I sunk down in my chair and covered my eyes with my hands. I heard Hi-me sigh a couple feet from me. I was trapped in this fucking basement until tomorrow morning with the one person on this earth that I sincerly wish would just leave me alone. And it was only 10 pm.

Fuck me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lied
the character development will be in the next one.
But I kinda like this one despite the fact that it's sorta filler.

Anyway, happy 4th of July, Americans =)

<3 W^C