Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

What Does This Boy Do To Me?

When I got out of here I was going to kill them

All of them.

Starting with the one who had been sitting next to me for the past two hours staring at the blank Tv screen. It really wasn't fair that I have to sit here, feeling awkward as hell, when Hi-me can just lounge around completely at ease.

I tapped my foot impatiently on the linoleum floor.

"Please tell me you're not going to do that all night." Hi-me stated. I glared at him.

"Well, it's really not my fault that you're highly unentertaining company." I grumbled. Bad choice of words. I could tell the minute he sat up, a devilish glint in his eye. He pushed up off the couch and took the few steps over until he stood directly in front of me. I looked up at him and that coy little smile he always wore around me. He bent down until his eyes were level with mine.

"Then allow me to entertain you." He breathed against my lips before leaning in and capturing them in a searing kiss. My resolve crumbled and I tangled my hands in the back of his hair. He pushed closer to me, straddling me on the couch and pressing my back against the metal bar beneath the cushion. The discomfort due to the bar jogged my senses. Fucking hell, what was I doing?! I grasped his hair in my hand and pulled hard until he recoiled away from me.

"Ow, jeez. I'm not one for rough, Kai." He groaned, massaging the back of his head. I pushed him off me and off the couch.

"Get off me." I growled, pulling my legs under me. Hi-me raised an eyebrow at me before shrugging and laying back on the floor, his legs bent over the seat of the couch.

"Fair enough. That was a little foreward." He stated nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes.

"You think?" That sparked something in Hi-me and he looked up at me.

"Oh because you were FORCED to kiss back." He drawled.

"You could say that." I grumbled. Hi-me sat up.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I blinked at his sudden outburst.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. What the hell is your problem? One minute your nestled nicely in my bed and the next you look like you want to take a knife to my throat." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I prefer the second option."

"Yeah? 'Cause I don't. Now are you going to tell me what your deal is or are we just going to continue in the stupid game?" Hi-me asked. Maybe it was the lack of oxygen in the basement, but the words suddenly came out against my will.

"I don't like being used." I whispered, refusing to look at Hi-me. I felt him rustle up from the floor into a sitting position, his head cradled in his arms that rested on the couch seat.

"Who's using you?" I rolled my eyes incredulously, still gazing at the corner of the basement.

"Are you serious? YOU are Hi-me! You knew EXACTLY who I was when Tony told you about my band. I figured out your little strategy, Hi-me. You figured you got me once you can get me again. Sleep with me and mess with my emotions and I'll be off my game and the job is yours. Well news flash, I don't break so easily." I snarled. Suddenly a finger curled around my chin, twisting my head around. I was faced with Hi-me's deep green eyes. I felt myself start to tremble at the gentle touch he held on my face. But this time it wasn't simply physical attraction, although that was strong, but rather it was those stupid emotions that had been pent up inside me since I met Hi-me a month ago. Those feelings I had been trying to convince myself I didn't feel.

"But that's what I like about you, you don't break easily. You're different. Kai, there is no strategy. Whoever wins wins. That has not ONCE played a part in how I feel about you." He insisted. I looked at him through doubtful eyes.

"And why should I believe you?" I whispered, his close proximity was causing my heart to flutter dangerously in my chest and messing with my resolve.

"The night we met, I took you back to my apartment. I've never done that. I've never held a desire to. But I felt I NEEDED to with you. Not only have I never done that, but I also let you play my bass. I have never let ANYONE touch the stingray before you. You're something special, Kailyn. I don't know why you're so special to me, but you are." He brushed the hair out of my eyes gently. My heart swelled. I was something special. I was SPECIAL. Jesus what does this boy do to me?

"Special?" I asked quietly, looking back into his eyes. I had lost all will power. Hi-me smiled. Not that silly coy smile, but an actual true blue smile. His music smile. Only this time it was for me.

"Very special." He replied, sitting next to me and cupping my cheek in his hand. He leaned to me.

"Hi-me..." I breathed. Jaime paused.

"My name is Jaime." He responded breathelessly, equally effected by this turning point in our, for lack of a better word, relationship as I was. I quirked the corner of my mouth into a small half smile.

"Jaime." Jaime smiled and closed the gap between us, placing his lips lightly on mine as he carefully laid me back onto the couch.

Jaime
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwwww
Cute right? I like it =)
totally for DALLAS because she's been so insistant that they need to get together RIGHT NOW. lol. love ya.

Anyway, I think there's probably baout 4-5 more parts left. This is gonna be a short one. I'm kinda getting drawn back into my Ryan Ross story. Love songs and Battle have been so deep and serious. I need some light hearted fun. And that's what Be you just can't keep up is so after I finsiht his I'm going back to it =)

Comment
please and thank you

<3 W^C