Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

But Second Chances Won't Leave You Alone

I fluttered my eyes against the small amount of light leaking through the window in the corner. I groaned and reached for my phone. 9 am. Way too early to be functioning. I curled back into Jaime's arms, which he tightened around me.

"Good morning." He whispered. I smiled slightly and buried my nose in his neck.

"Morning"

"What time is it?" Jaime asked, too lazy to get his own phone.

"9:10" I murmered into his skin.

"You think they'll let us out of here?"

"Yeah. Mike's afraid of what I'll do to him if they don't. They'll be up by 9:15 so we'll be out of here by 9:20." Jaime raised his head and gave me a look.

"What? Best friends!" I laughed. Jaime nuzzled into my hair.

"You know you're still very very naked?" He asked slyly.

"You know that's very very your fault?" I responded, looking up at him.

"I'd be very very offended if it was anyone elses." He said, smirking at he leaned down to kiss me. I smiled against his lips.

"As much as I love having you this way, having your brother walk down is not on my list of things to do." I chuckled and untangled myself from Jaime's arms and legs. I searched around and located my underwear, jeans and bra, but couldn't find my shirt anywhere.

"Damn it, Jaime! Where's my shir-" The light purple fabric flashed before my face. I looked up from the ground. Jaime was standing in front of me, clad only in his jeans, holding my shirt at eye level. I lifted the corner of my mouth into a smirk. I took the shirt from his hands and tugged it on as I stood up. Jaime put his hands on my waist, drawing to me. I traced small circles on his biceps and smiled up at him.

"So you actually going to call me this time." He asked, resting his forehead on mine.

"But I see you at band practice all the time!" I laughed.

"How 'bout both?" He asked and then pressed his lips to mine, letting them linger sweetly.

"You're beautiful." He whispered when he pulled back. I froze.

Beautiful.

I saw Mike roll his eyes.

"You need a new hobby. One that isn't terrorizing Hi-me. Get a boyfriend." I raised my trademark brow at him.

"I don't date, remember?" Especially after the debacle with the last guy I was with who is now trying to STEAL MY JOB. Not that that actually hurt or anything, of course not. Like Hi-me could hurt me. I'm just making a point.

"Don't you think you're setting your standards a little high?" Mike asked, settling himself on the couch in the living room.

"No. I have very average standards, thank you. You know the guys in San Diego. It's all 'hey baby' this and 'how 'bout you come with me, hottie' that." I was extremely disenchanted with the guy scene of San Diego. Especially since I was a female bassist. You should HEAR some of the remarks guys shout when I'm on stage.

"What's wrong with a guy thinking you're hot?" I gave Mike a look. Guys just don't get it.

"I don't want to be some guys hottie. The guy who thinks I'm beautiful. That's the guy for me." I stated simply, taking a sip of my water.

"Alright, Kailyn." Mike said uncertainly. I smiled at him and placed a hand on his tatooed forearm.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I am perfectly intent on tormenting Hi-me. It's a full time job." I joked. Mike rolled his eyes again.

"Anyway, We've got a show two weeks from tomorrow and-" The door opened again and there stood my living nightmare.


Fucking shit, he had been behind the apartment door during that entire speech. I pulled back from him and looked at him incredulously.

"Wow. You are good. You really had me fooled. I got to hand it to you, you're a smooth fucking guy." Hi-me blinked and reached out for me again.

"What are you talk-" I recoiled from his hands.

"But see you made one very big mistake that just ruined your little plan. You're fucked up 'beautiful' comment'" I hissed, slipping on my shoes.

"What the hell is going o-"

"You were listening weren't you? When Mike asked me about my standards? You heard all of it." Hi-me looked like a deer in the headlights.

"Ok, yeah, but Kai, that's not why I said it" He stuttered. I heard the door unlock and open at the top of the stairs. I scooped bag into my arms.

"My name is Kailyn" I hissed, and then pushed past him and up the stairs.

"Move." I barked to a very startled Vic, who leaped out of the way.

"Well, that didn't work." I heard Vic mumble.

"Kailyn, come on! Please just listen to-" But I kicked the basement door shut, cutting off Hi-me's sentance.

So much for Hi-me not being able to hurt me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I KNOW they just got together so I'm going to get a whole lot of "whhhhhhy comments"

Well I can't let them have their happy ending in chapr 7! Where's the fun in that?!

And no, I don't think Jaime is really a jerk, as I made it seem in the first couple parts. He's just a GUY so he says stupid GUY things.

But Kailyn is just a GIRL who believes stupid GIRL things that she thinks the stupid GUY didn't without really thinking about it logically.

So the moral of this chapter? Stupid Guys and girls.

Comment
please and thank you

<3 W^C