A Story of a Man, A Women, And the Corpses of a Thousand Evil Men

Vincent Breakdown.

Lydia's POV

I awoke to the sound of shattering glass. It was coming from the kitchen.

"Oh no. Not again." I said to myself with fear.

I sat erect, my neck leaning on the headboard of the bed. I heard another crash.

"Vince? Vincent what are you doing?" I questioned with panic.

I heard no reply. I rushed out of the bedroom as fast as I could to the kitchen. I then tiptoed up to the doorframe. I heard Vincent talking, but to himself? I stayed out of sight so I could properly hear him.

"I can't do it. No, I won't!"

"But then again, it would be better off that way..."

"Absolutely not! What the hell am I thinking?"

"Fuck you."

He continued this routine, holding his head in his hands, frustrated. I didn't want to comfort him in fear of him getting upset that I saw him. He turned around each time he said something new, as if he was arguing with someone. Unexpectedly, tears pricked the sides of my eyes. Just from his expressions, you could tell he was in pain. Mental Pain. He had done so well these past few weeks. If only there was something I could do to help him. I was to much of a coward to do anything. He then dropped to his knees, face drenched with tears. His sleek, black hair was matted. His beautiful hazel eyes, glazed over and strained from crying. His porcelian skin, reddened with his frustration.

I wanted so badly to wrap myself around his fragile frame, and tell him everything was ging to be okay. I watched him get up off the floor, the glass sticking to the creases of his jeans. He brushed it off, making his way over to the kitchen table. He rested his head in his hands, before looking down.

"What am I going to do?" He whispered to himself.

My poor Vince. What was he going to do?

Vincent's POV

I rested my head against the cold, smooth surface of the kitchen table. I was extremely hot, making me sweat. God. Where did that come from? I hadn't had a panic attack like that in well over a year. I felt myself start to tremble, and I couldn't stop it. It was then I felt a gentle kiss on the back of my neck. I immediately relaxed, unaware of what she had seen. She ran her hand through my hair, removing the fringe from my face. Her eyes softened when they met with mine. She pulled me into a tight embrace, gradually rubbing my back.

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. I knew she heard me. I knew she heard what was going on. I pulled away, bowing my head in shame. She seemed to be accpeting, but she could be faking it, out of fear. I mean, what would I have done if I saw someone talking-no Yelling at themselves? I would of thought they were physco! I started to cry again. I didn't ever want her to see me like that. She might expect something. She took my face in her hands, and looked at me with concern. She pressed her lips gently against mine before cleaning the glass up off the floor. I decided to get on the floor to help her. After all of the mess was picked up, I got up and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. She seemed to sence I was nervous.

"It's Okay honey. I promise. I dont't think of you anyless. I'm just happy that you are okay." She said with a sympathetic smile.

How could she be so solemn? How the fuck was she really taking this? I couldn't stay calm.

"You just saw me talking to myself. Arguing! I broke our glass plates all over the floor. I was screaming at the top of my lungs for Christ's Sake! And you are going to come tell me that everything is Okay? HOw the hell are you coping with that?" I was practically yelling. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole neighborhood could hear us.

She looked down. I felt really bad after that. I paced up to her slowly. She flinched a little as i placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Look Lydia, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I hate being the person I am. What if I never recover? What if I have to go back Lydia?" I was in panic.

She was still staring at the floor.

"I forgive you," she said muffled through her tears.

She looked so small under me.

She looked up at me as I placed my hands on her waist. I put our foreheads together, which made her blush. I couldn't help but smile. She placed her lips against mine, with me pressing down harder. We pulled away a few seconds later, only to remain in our tight embrace. We then parted, both walking out of the door frame.

"I'm going to go pack my things for our trip tommarrow. I suggest you start soon too babe," she said before disappearing down the hallway.

I wondered what was going to happen. She didn't know it, but she will be alot better off soon. She promised that I would be okay, Now it was my turn to return the favor.