Lying Is Your Favorite Passion

Chapter Five

Faye's POV
My eyes fluttered open to the sight of a naked male's chest.
I was taken aback for a couple seconds, almost ready to scream, until I realized it was Ronnie, sleeping peacefully beside me.
I readjusted myself before laying my head back on his chest.
Ronnie stirred for a moment, but only to wrap his arms further around me and pull me closer.
Images of last night popped into my brain when I closed my eyes. James pulling up my sleeve, and tugging at my dress, Michael not even bothering to help me.
I shook my head, and tried to close my eyes again.
"Faye?" Ronnie groaned. "Are you up?"
"Yes Ronnie," I replied.
He took one hand off my waist to rub his eye and then smiled at me.
"How are you?"
"I'm fine," I whispered, faking a smile. "Thanks."
I buried my face in his chest.
"Shhh... I'm always here Faye. You can count on me for anything you need."
"Thanks Ron."
He kissed my head and smiled. "No problem."
"I really... last night was..."
"Shh... everything's alright. I'm here."
"I know." I snuggled close to him. "Thank you."
"Faye, stop saying that. It's my job."
"No... you shouldn't have to watch over me like a babysitter."
"But I need to make sure you're safe." He started playing with my hair. "If anything happened to you I'd..."
"You'd what?"
"I'd probably die," he whispered.
My eyes met his. "Really?"
He nodded. "Of course. I might not show it, but you're the most important thing in my life..."
My jaw dropped to speak, but no words came out. I couldn't utter a single syllable.
Ronnie plopped my mouth close and chuckled whole-heartedly.
"Do you not believe me?" he mused. "Because I'm telling the truth."
"I know you are," I whispered. "I just... I'm not ready."
He nodded. "That's what I thought. Well... I'm never going to stop looking after you. I'm never going to stop being here for you. I will always be there for you."
"Okay," I breathed. "I know…"
"Don't be afraid to come to me. I'm always here."
"I know."
"And I will always be here."
"I know," I repeated. "I know."

I reopened my eyes, and met Ronnie's. He smiled, brushed the hair away from my forehead, and kissed it.
"Good morning, babe."
I returned his smile, but broke our eye contact when I placed my head back on the crook of his neck.
"I think we should get up." Ronnie made a fluid motion up and down my side.
"No." My eyes squeezed close. "I want to stay in bed."
"Okay, but let's check you out to make sure you don't have anymore cuts or bruises."
Ronnie got up slowly to make sure my head hit the pillow lightly, pulled the covers off of me, and stared down at my body.
He carefully slipped a hand under my shirt to pull it up. His eyes widened, but he didn't say anything.
"Is something wrong?" I asked, trying to get up.
Quickly, Ronnie held his hand to my chest and pushed me back down.
"GUYS! GET YOUR ASSES UP HERE NOW!"
His hand was still hard on my chest, though I didn't know why. I didn't bother pushing against him, although my curiosity was getting the best of me.
The door burst open, and Robert, Max, Bryan, Omar, and Hailey came in.
"What is it dude?" Robert walked to the side of the bed, and he froze. "Holey shi.t."
"What?" I asked. Again, I tried to get up, but Ronnie pushed down again.
Everyone was crowded around the bed now, looking down on my stomach.
"What's wrong?" I asked. "Ronnie? Can I see?"
Ronnie shook his head with wide eyes. "No."
What could've been so bad? I had scars worse than shark bites, so this couldn't have been that bad. They had seen every scar on my body. What was worse than that?
"C'mon guys, I want to know."
"I don't think you do," Hailey whispered.
"Stop it Ronnie," I whined. "Let me see."
His eyes connected with mine. "I'm trying to protect you."
"Nothing can protect me from what I'm about to see."
Ronnie's hand was removed from my chest, so I sat up.
My fingers traced over my stomach. Like the same scar on my arm, in the same knife cuts, it read "YOU ARE MINE".
Salty tears began streaming down my cheeks, though I made no sound. They were tears of anger, of rage. He did this to me again, and there was no way he was going to get away with it.
Pain finally began shooting through my body when I touched the open wound. I gasped, and held onto my stomach.
"Shh..." Ronnie scooped me into his arms and cradled me like a baby. "It's okay."
"I'm going to kill him," I growled through sobs. "He's so dead."
"We've got this, Faye," Ronnie whispered as he rubbed my back. "We need to go get this treated, get a doctor's opinion on how fatal this is, and what we can sue him for besides rape and sexual abuse."
My rage distracted me from every word Ronnie had just said. I was planning his death as painful and slow as I possibly could. Karma was a bi/tch, and he was going to get his handful.
"Rob, go call our lawyer, tell him we have more evidence, and Omar, go call a local hospital, we have potentially fatal wounds on the stomach and between the chest."
"Yes sir."
Usually Omar would say that to be sarcastic, but in no way did he show any sign of sarcasm. He was serious, and that made a little bit of the pain go away.
I had six amazing people on my side, with a celebrity lawyer, and the Las Vegas police department.
Bryan, Max, and Hailey sat on the bed all around Ronnie and I. He was still cradling me, hiding my face on his chest.
I felt a hand on my thigh. Max smiled at me and slowly rubbed it to give me comfort.
"Max, do you think we could get some antibiotic for the wound?" Ronnie asked.
Max rubbing came to a halt, and he left quickly. Bryan was quiet, and so was Hailey, but neither dared to touch me.
"Dude, I called the hospital." Omar came in with a phone in hand. "They're still on the line. They want you to come in now, to the emergency room."
Ronnie nodded, and then scooped me up.
"Go get a jacket for Faye," Ronnie told Hailey. "Anything will do. Just so she doesn't freeze to death."
Hailey nodded, quickly leaving to her room.
Ronnie carried me downstairs and put me into Rob's car in the back seat. Hailey came rushing down and climbed into the car next to me.
"Here, this was the closest one to me."
She handed me an over-sized FOX jacket, probably one of the guys.
I slipped it on to hide the shameful scar that covered my stomach. Hailey placed her hand on my knee, to comfort me like a sister would.
Rob climbed into the passenger's seat, and turned around to look at me.
"It's going to be okay," he whispered. "It's going to be fine."
I nodded, and pulled the jacket closer to my body. Rob kept his eyes on me to make sure I was always okay, even though I was right behind him.
We reached the emergency room within five minutes. Ronnie came to the side and picked me up bridal style to carry me into the front door. He was rushing pretty quickly, just to get in the hospital.
"We were asked to see Dr. Mitchel for deep cuts on a stomach."
"This the victim?" the nurse asked, pointing to me.
Ronnie nodded. "Yes."
"Well, let's get her into a wheel chair, you may come with us sir."
Ronnie nodded, and followed the nurse through those big white doors into the back of the hospital. Ronnie placed me into the wheel chair that the nurse held, and grabbed onto my hand. My breathing became heavy.
"Shh.... baby... it's okay."
The nurse began pushing until I was into a room and placed on a gurney, so the doctor could look at it.
Ronnie sat down at my bedside, then got up and placed his fingers around my zipper. Responsively, I placed my hand over his.
"They're going to have to see it," he whispered.
Reluctantly, my hand slipped away.
He zipped the jacket open to reveal my bare chest and the scars on my stomach.
"It's okay." He placed the jacket over my breasts, then brushed the hair away from my forehead to kiss it. I smiled, then took his hand.
"I know baby," He kissed my hand. "It'll be fine. I promise."
A knock came at the door, then Dr. Mitchel came in.
"Hello there, let's check out those cuts."
He walked over to the side of the bed. He ran his hand over the cuts, and I cringed in pain.
"Who did this to you?" Dr. Mitchel mused, washing his hands of dried blood, then strapping on new gloves.
"My exboyfriends best friend," I whispered.
"Well, I suggest you stay away from him," he mused.
"He was supposed to be in Massachusetts," Ronnie growled.
"So you must be the current boyfriend?"
"Yes," Ronnie answered before I could even open my mouth.
"Are you suing this dude?"
"Yes, we are."
"These are going to need some stitches." He ran his hand over my stomach again, tracing each scar with great curiosity. "I suggest we do them now, while the wounds are fresh."
"Can we take pictures first, for evidence?" Ronnie asked.
Dr. Mitchel shrugged. "I suppose. There might be an hour before we can actually get the stitches done, so go ahead, do whatever evidence getting you need." He snapped off his gloves. "I will be back."
I tried to smile, but the pain that tortured my stomach was still there, and was ever present on my face.
Ronnie squeezed my hand in reassurance.
When I looked at him he had a smile on that suddenly told me everything would turn out just fine.
"I promise everything will be fine. These won't hurt a bit."
He promised me.
"I know," I whispered.
He got out of his chair and kneeled at the side of my gurney. He took my hand to his lips again, then placed it onto the uncomfortable sheets.
"Are you okay?" He started brushing my hair with his left hand.
I nodded, then closed my eyes with a big sigh followed by a gasp of pain.
"Shhh..." Ronnie cooed. "It's okay."
I turned my head to his, and our eyes met quickly. His big, brown eyes that were covered with his pitch-black hair. They were the eyes that I woke up to this morning.
Ronnie's face inched closer to mine, until his forehead touched mine.
He smirked, kissed my nose, then backed away. He was torturing me.
I let out a whine, hoping he would come back. Sure enough I could feel the hot air coming from his mouth on my nose.
"Yes m'darling?"
"You left."
He knew what I wanted. "And why is that a bad thing?"
"Because." I pecked his lips. "That's why."
He smirked. He was right.
Slowly, he inched his lips closer to mine until he gave me a few, short, soft, sweet pecks. He then pulled away, but the smirk had disappeared.
"This isn't right," Ronnie whispered. "You need time."
I shook my head, then placed my hand on the crook of his neck. "No."
He removed my hand, but held it to his chest. "Yes."
My eyes dropped from his to look at my hand.
That one kiss was all that I wanted, but my lips craved for more.
"We can be together soon," he whispered. "I'll always be with you, but rushing into it won't help this trial at all."
"I..."
I didn't know what to say. Ronnie was right. This relationship wouldn't help our case at all, but my heart wanted it so bad.
Well, my brain didn't.
Ronnie opened my hand, kissed my palm, then closed my hands again.
"You'll always have me," he whispered. "I'll always be here. No matter what."
"Okay."
He placed my hand onto my heart. I smiled, and opened my hand so the kiss would sink into my heart.
"That kiss'll stay there forever," he sighed.
"I hope so."
I inched my face closer to his, but instead of my lips connecting with his, they connected with his fingers.
"Don't make it harder on yourself."
I shook my head. "I'm not."
He smirked. "You are."