Status: Re-working. Sorry.

Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

Chapter One

Chapter 1

So here I am looking out my window, listening to my Ipod, and wondering why in the world I have to go live with my Father. Confused? I thought so, so let me explain.

My name is Alyssa Elena Way-Black and I’m just about to turn 15.
Way? As in Gerard Arthur Way and Michel James Way from My Chemical Romance? Yup, the very same, only, I don’t know Gerard or Mikey for that matter personally. I know only what the public and hard core fans know.

I go out on a huge limb when I decided to use my Father’s last name in high school instead of my own. I guess a little part of me actually wanted to get his attention. So I joined band, debate team, took all the honors classes I could get into, the fall play, drama club, choir, and dance. Hell, most people called me Ms. A Building since that’s the place those sorts of classes are located at in my school.

Besides, hardly anyone knows that I’m his daughter. He never paid attention to me. Or acknowledged my existence for that matter, if anyone asked me if I was related to him, I would always tell them no. It was just a fluke that I have the same last name as them.

Some would ask me if I would ever want one of them to be my father, I would again answer no. I mean, why would I? That would mean that he didn’t want me, or he didn’t love my mother enough. In my case both are one in the same.

Like I said, there are very few people who know that I’m his daughter, or that I even exist. I can count them on one hand, his family, who’s ignored me for the past 14 practically 15 years, excluding his late Grandmother (My late Great-Grandmother); she was the only Way who helped me and my mother.

Basically everyone I know from MY family are dead; see my grandparents – on my mother’s side of course – waited a while to have children, like there 40’s, so they died a couple years ago. My grandfather went first with a stroke and then my grandmother followed a week later with a stroke of her very own.

Now the only family I basically have left is my best friend Kaysi, her mother Susan, and my mother.

Now Kaysi and Susan are our best friends. Kaysi is my non-biological twin, and Susan and my Mom, are like sisters. See Susan was a single mother at the age of 16 too, only she was raped, while my mother just had sex with my father. Since Susan was Catholic, abortion wasn’t an option and her parents accepted that. It wasn’t her fault and they were sure as hell that they were not going to lose their only daughter because of it.

Wow, if only my mothers Parents cared like that…

So when my mother and I moved from NJ to AZ and into the apartment building, six months after I was born, Susan and my mom became best friends, and Susan’s parents, my adopted Grandparents, helped to take care of us. They looked past the premarital sex, and looked at the good that my mom didn’t have an abortion. She kept me, and that’s all that mattered to them.

My mother is Amelia Black; she died only three months ago. She was mugged and murdered while walking home from her work. And in her will it stated that I was to grow up with my father Gerard Way, until I turn 18.

Yeah…Great, only 3 more years and 25 more days (not that I’m counting or anything…).

So, onward with the synopsis of my life…Gerard was contacted, and told what happened. I had no idea how he took it, ‘cause I refused to talk to the bastard at all. He must have taken it pretty well though, ‘cause he sent a U-haul for the big stuff and he bought me first class ticket for the plane ride from Phoenix, Arizona, to Newark, New Jersey. While my social worker here got stuck in coach.

Some how I get the feeling that he is trying to make up for the past 14 years of missed birthdays and Christmases, don’t you? Yeah I thought so.

And so here I am, looking out my window, and thinking why in the hell I’m here. Usually I would be ecstatic right now, 4 more days till Christmas, finals are over, I got awesome presents from my friends for Christmas, got a bass from my adopted Grandparents. Everything would have been perfect, except for my mother not being here…And going to live with my Dad…

Are you starting to sense some ‘Father’ issues? Because if you’re not, you really should go check yourself into a metal hospital…

A five hour flight would and should tire a person out, but not me, I’m more concerned on where I was supposed to go.

I reached under my seat to grab my, A.F.I. messenger bag with my laptop in it. I got it last year for my birthday, best birthday ever, while other girls got earrings and crap, I got a laptop.

Any way, Gerard had sent me an e-mail regarding what flight I was on, and I saved it, I just can’t remember where…I went to my saved documents and looked them over. After a few minutes of searching through many upon many folders, then realizing it was on my flash drive, I finally pulled it up and looked at it.

To: So_Give_Them_Blood@aol.com
From: UmbrellaAcadamy@gmail.com
Subject: Hey it’s Gerard (With flight Info)
Attachments: Flight Info

Alyssa-
Yeah hi, this is your Dad, Gerard… and I was just e-mailing you your flight information. I gave it to the social security person, and they said that they would tell you, but I just wanted to make sure that you got it. (Yeah they gave me your e-mail as well, so we had some way of contacting each other…)
I will pick you up by the curve outside the baggage claim area (I should be driving a 2008 black Mustang), worst case look for the car being mobbed…
Yeah so you have my mail contact me if you need anything at all.
Love,
Dad


Oh outside baggage claim, at least he is picking me up. I swear if I get a limo (or a driver), I will scream bloody freaking murder.

“Excuse me Miss, but we need you to turn off your Laptop and Ipod, were about to land.” A stewardess said sweetly.

“Oh sorry,” I muttered packing up my laptop. “Excuse me but do you happen to have the time?”

“Yes I do, it’s about 6 o’clock in New Jersey.” She said smiling and taking my empty coffee cup.

“Thanks” I said leaning back in my chair waiting for us to land.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is my new story, please comment! And sorry if the coding is wrong, its comming from word to here, so i'm still not use to the coding...

- Ivy!