Status: Re-working. Sorry.

Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

After making the boys clean up dinner, yes, I allowed them back into the kitchen, though Frank is not allowed near the stove anymore.

While the boys were cleaning up the kitchen, Kaysi and I were deciding on a movie to watch. It was a tie between, Nightmare Before Christmas, V for Vendetta, and Day After Tomorrow.

Yes, Gerard does have a shit-load of scary movies, but we didn’t feel like not sleeping tonight.

“Nightmare!” Kaysi yelled, holding up the Nightmare Before Christmas case.

“NO! V!”

“NO! Nightmare has singing!”

“V is based off of a comic!”

“Nightmare is based off of an original poem by Tim Burton the best director ever! I mean he put Johnny on the map!”

“But V is based off what could really happen! Besides, it’s not like there really are holiday worlds. That’s like saying Santa’s real…”

“SANTA’S NOT REAL!?” Kaysi yelled with such a heartbroken face that made your heart melt. It also looked like I just crushed her world. “When did Santa die?”

“What about ‘DAT’? It has death of millions of people.” I said quickly changing the subject. I didn’t want to give the ‘Santa’ speech again.

“But Frank dies.”

“I what?!” Frank yelled.

“YOU DIE! You cut your rope and fall into a train station!” I yelled back at him.

“Wow, that’s depressing…I cut my rope, and fall into a train station…Wait! Why do I cut my rope? And why do I have a rope?”

“’Cause you realize that if you do that you would save your best friends lives. Quite heroic
actually, sad, but heroic.” Kaysi said before finding A Knight’s Tale and putting it in.

“A Heath Ledger movie? Really? Why do you have a Heath Ledger movie, Gerard?” I asked sprawling out on the sofa, “I’m not complaining, just asking.”

“I think that’s Alicia’s actually…” Gerard said coming in carrying in a huge bowl of popcorn, and a bottle of Coke Zero, and sitting down in front of me.

He took out a pack of cigarettes, I really don’t know what type, and really didn’t care, and I can’t stand them.

So, I sat up and plucked it out of his mouth before he could even take a first drag, and dropped it into his Coke.

“HEY!” He said turning around and staring at me scandalously, “What was that for?!”

“That was me saving your voice, your life and then my life. You see, they are called ‘Cancer Sticks’ for a reason. You get cancer. And I could get cancer from all the second hand smoke. So long as I live here, no smoking!!” I said grabbing his entire pack, taking each cigarette and dropping it into his coke.

“Ha-ha man, your getting whipped by your daughter.” Frank said before taking out his own pack of cigarette, lighting it up and started taking a drag.

I got up, plucked the cigarette out of his mouth – mid drag – and dumped it in his coke.
“HEY!” He yelled, “That was brand new!”

“To, Damn, Bad.” I said grabbing his pack and throwing it in the trash. “The ‘No Smoking’ rule goes for you guys too. Not in this house.”

Gerard’s Point of View

After the smoking fiasco, we started and finished watching A Knights Tale, and then Nightmare Before Christmas and then we ended up watching Secret Window.

Damn.

That was some fucked up shit.

You end up rooting for Mort, even though you don’t want to…

I can see why Alyssa and Kaysi loved it. Johnny Depp really gets into the character, and gets you really freaked out…

After Secret Window was finished they all started fighting about what movie to watch.

“It’s my turn to choose the movie, and I choose Shaun of the Dead!” Frank yelled.

“No it isn’t!! It’s mine!!” Kaysi yelled, “And I choose, The Brothers Grimm!”

“Well, your both wrong, it’s mine and I choose Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black
Pearl
!” Alyssa yelled back.

“Well, we trump all of you’s, ‘cause we choose Blade” Ray said pointing at him, Bob, and
Mikey.

“I change my mind! I’m joining Ray’s team!” Alyssa yells, running over to stand by Bob.

“TRATIOR!” Kaysi yelled.

“YOU WERE AGAINST ME!” Alyssa yelled back.

“STILL! YOU CHOOSE THEM OVER ME?!”

“Yup!” Alyssa said smirking and hiding behind Bob.

I couldn’t tell whether the fact that she could be completely hidden by Bob as a good thing or a bad thing…

Now, I’m not calling Bob fat or anything! I’m just thinking that Alyssa is getting too skinny…

“Gerard!” Frank yelled clapping his hands in front of my face; causing me to jump
backwards and fall on the couch.

“Yes?” I said staring at Frank.

“Which movie? Shaun or Blade?”

“Blade.”

“WHAT?! WHY!?”

“Because, Kaysi is only – what like nine, ten years old?” I asked looking at her.

“I’M FOURTEEN YOU BITCH! FOUR-FUCKIN-TEEN!!” Kaysi screeched at me.

My God. Her eyes were like three shades darker than her normal color and it looked like she grew five inches.

Or, it could be that I sunk back into the couch as she yelled at me.

“Yeah, she’s a little height and age sensitive.” Alyssa said trying to stifle a laugh.

“A LITTLE?! HE CALLED ME NINE!! NINE! ALYSSA!”

“Gavin called you five when he first met you.”

“And I would have kicked his ass if he wasn’t already in a hospital.” Kaysi said matter-of-factly.

“Do you still blame him?” Alyssa asked looking down at her shoes.

“Yes.” Kaysi said coldly before grabbing Blade and putting it in the player to watch.

We all got situated around the TV again, with Alyssa lying on a couch, her feet on the lap of Ray, Kaysi in the over stuffed chair, Mikey and Bob were on the Love seat (looking a tad uncomfortable), and Frank and I were on the floor using the fronts of the couches as head rests.

Kaysi and Alyssa fell asleep half way threw the movie. Which probably a good idea, it was already eleven when the movie got started…

A few hours past and when the movie ended, we saw that Kaysi and Alyssa were fast asleep.

“Here, I’ll drop her off at her house on our way home.” Bob said waking up a sleeping Kaysi, while Frank was attempting to steal a pack of skittles from the box.

“Alright.”

“Hey, I’m going to take Ray home on my way home okay?” Mikey said yawning. “I’d stay, but –
well – I miss Alicia, Gerard.” He said looking down.

“It’s alright Mikey; I think I can handle a sleeping teenager.” I said giving him a hug as all the guys were leaving.

“Merry Christmas!” They chimed from there cars (well, except for Bob who was already across the street carrying a half-awake Kaysi).

I replied with a, you too, as I was shutting and locking the door. I turned around and stared at the lump that was now curled into a ball hugging a pillow on the couch.

It’s really amazing how innocent someone can look when their sleeping.

After about five minutes of trying to take the pillow away from her, I ended up just picking her up, pillow and all.

I carried her to her room. For a fifteen year old girl, she really is light. And I mean too light.

I turned on the light and placed her on the bed, took off her shoes and placed the down comforter over her.

I took this opportunity to look at her room; it was covered from posters that varied from Panic! At The Disco, to us.

I wandered over to her bookshelf and saw it was crammed with everything. There was a shelf that was dedicated just to pictures, and it had pictures of a lot people that I didn’t know, except Kaysi. She was in a lot of them. But the one picture I was really missing was the ones with my Amelia.

They were all gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI!
Merry Christmas!
This is my present to you guys!
AND if you guys give me at least 5 comments TODAY you'll get the next chapter TODAY! or tommrow.
Merry Christmas!
xoxo
Ivy