Status: Re-working. Sorry.

Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20

Mikey's Point of View


I rushed over to Gerard's house.

After two hours of calling, no one answered. Not their phones, not there e-mails. No one had heard from them.

I was getting freaked.

So currently I am driving way over the speed limit to see if they died. Well, not so much that Alyssa died, more that Gerard was murdered.

When I reached his house, everything was quiet. Way to quiet. Gerard's house always had that sense of warmness around it. Now it was just quiet. An eerie quiet...

That silence was interrupted when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Mikey? Oh thank god, do you know why Gerard isn't answering his phone?" Mom asked, slightly worried.

"No Mom. That's why I'm at his house, neither Gerard nor Alyssa are answering their phones."

She gasped, "Oh! Make sure she is okay, alright?"

"Mom, I really think you should worry about Gerard more than Alyssa."

"Nonsense! The girl just lost her mother; she needs to be watched out for."

"Mom, she can take care of herself, really. Gerard is the one that need to be watched out for."

"Michael, Gerard is a full grown man; he can take care of himself. She is only thirteen, she needs care."

"Mother, she is fourteen. And Alyssa-"

"All the more reason she needs somebody! Now go in a check on them!" She commanded. I faintly heard my Dad saying something like, "Just listen to the boy Donna. If he says they are fine, then they are fine."

"Bye Mom." I said before hanging up.

Yeah, I'm going to get killed for that later.

I walked up to the house and used my key to unlock the door. I tried the door, only to find it unlocked, very unusual for Gerard. He was always paranoid about people breaking in, opening the door I could smell the fresh coffee brewing, and hear the deafly silence of the house.

I saw the paper thrown onto the table, and the coffee pot half-full. Walking over to it I saw bread, grape jelly and peanut butter out on the counter. Probably a late night snack.
Cautiously I put the back of my hand to the coffee pot to find it cold.

I turned around and started walking toward and up the staircase picking up an umbrella from the closet to use as a weapon incase someone was here.

I heard someone quietly walk down the hall. I brought the umbrella up above my head, ready to hit somebody if I needed too.

I heard their footsteps slowing down as well. I started creeping down toward the corner and readied my umbrella. As soon as the person turned the corner I smacked them with the umbrella.

"What the F -" The person yelled.

And that person sounded a lot like Gerard.

"Oh Sh -" I said helping him up.

"What was that for?!" Gerard yelled.

"I thought you were a burglar..." I said stifling a laugh.

"You thought - wait, what?" Gerard said confused.

"Well, your front door was open; you weren't answering your phone, email or anything. So, we all started freaking out. You never leave your front door unlocked Gerard. It's dangerous. So, I needed something to defend my self with."

"You were going to defend yourself, with an umbrella?" Gerard asked stifling a laugh of his own.

"Shut up." I said pushing him. "How come you weren't answering your phone?"

"It was on silent." He simply said.

"We called the house phone too."

"Oh, then I didn't hear it, I was up since five in the morning, working on a song that I want to put out with the next single." He said walking downstairs and falling down on the couch.

"Oh. Did you get far?" I said following him and putting the umbrella back in the closet.

"Not really. I have the rough draft of the lyrics. It's just not flowing. Not to mention that Alyssa left some music around, I played it, and I can't get it out of my head, it's a catchy tune."

"Then why don't you ask if you can use it?" I said plain as day.

His response was me looking at me like I was crazy.

"What's the worst she could say?"

Again, he just looked at me.

"Okay, I get it."

"Yeah, I'll figure it out eventually."

"Yeah, oh by the way, Mom wants to know when she gets to meet her granddaughter." I said checking my phone to see that I'd missed a call from Frank.

"I don't know." He said before taking a pillow and shoving it over his face.

"Gerard, she needs to meet her."

"Fine! Christmas!" He sighed.

"Good, now call her." I said before throwing my phone at him.

"What?! Why can't you?"

"I hung up on her."

"Oh...You're so screwed." He said with a serious expression on his face.

"No, you are. You get to tell Alyssa she's meeting her Grandparents."

"No! No! I will not tell her!! You will!" He yelled, with a horrified look on his face.

Before I could reply my phone started ringing. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Mom," he said looking at the caller ID.

"Have fun." I said running up the stairs and towards Alyssa's room.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GWAD!! HOW ARE YOU!!??
I'VE MISSED THIS STORY!
Okay, now that i've calmed down, here is the twentyith chapter of this story, and I've had it written up for a while, but I got sidetracked with Friends (yes I have them....Who knew?) and a good book. (which i finished, probably at the expense of my Spanish and Bio grade...).

OH and because I keep frogeting to do this.
The Beautiful death scene that was in Chapter 17 was not written by me, but by my bestie Kaysi. I swear i put it in there, but I guess i didn't. See, I could not kill Gerard properly, she did. SO, now I am no longer plagerizing.

PLEASE COMMENT!! Oh, I finally figured out how i'm ending this story. You all will kill me for it, but it will be done. Oh and there will be a sequel.

COMMENTS = MORE CHAPTERS!!