The Adopted Romance

Chapter 13- Taken again

(STILL) Heather's POV:

We arrived at the hospital...again...
"This guy can't see through his right eye! Get him to a doctor!! NOW WOMAN!!" Gerald screamed over the counter to a startled young lady. Then, Mick collapsed on the floor.
"Can't you see him?! HURRY UP!!!" Gerald yelled again. At that moment, I realised what a bad, BAD idea it was to take the guys sailing. I did something VERY unlike me...I burst into tears on the spot. I dropped to my knees and cried over Mick's chest.
"Heather, don't worry! He's not going to die."
"Bu-but Steve, I don't know how strong that wind was! And the-" I began
"No, LISTEN. Where is the brave Heather who was able to laugh about it later when she was kidnapped and beat up by thugs? Where is that kind, caring, confident, beautiful soul that we all know? You don't know how strong MICK is, Heather. He'll survive, it isn't like he was stabbed in the eye or something." As Steve spoke, I wondered. How could word like those flow from the lips of someone who hadn't even known me for very long. Did he really think that? Or was it a lie...
"I really mean this, I would never lie to you. You are like a daughter to all of us and we hate to see the rose among the thorns wilt." He said, as if he was reading my mind
"Yeah." Rob chimed in. I was soon bombarded with hugs from everyone. Blake came and hugged me so tight that he lifted me off the ground.
"Doctor's here!" Gerald yelled in Blake's ear. Since he STILL hadn't let go, he dropped me out of surprise and I landed hard on my but.
"Ahhh sorry! Can you help me lift Mick up?"
"Yeah, sure."

Mick was rushed into the examination room where the doctor ran some quick tests before he gave us the results.
"He has concussion-"
"Oh my god!" I gasped
"Let me finish. He has concussion, but he shouldn't be unconscious for more then an hour from now. Don't worry, Daddy will live." The doctor finished, patting my head
"He isn't my dad. He is one of my best friends. Stupid doctor." I replied
"Oh. Ah. I see." he walked off, embarrassed [SP?!]
"An hour, eh? What will we do during that hour?"
"One word, STARBUCKS!" I yelled excitedly to Rob
"Allllllrighty then. Lets go!"

We returned to the hospital about 45 minuters later, with a coffee for Mick when he woke up. When we arrived, though, he had already woken up.
"Where did you guys go? I've been waiting for ten minutes!" Enquired an annoyed Mick.
"We went for coffee, and yes we got you one too." Said Gerald, handing him a cup of coffee, then turning to me.
"Heather, there is something that we need to tell you. We don't want to take anymore risks by leaving you on the bus again. Heather...we ARE-"
"DON'T MOVE!! STEP AWAY FROM HER!! THAT'S MY CHILD!!" Screamed a woman, bursting through the door and yanking me away from Gerald.
"What?! No!! My mum and dad are dead!!" I struggled and bit her hand, trying to get away from the madwoman who was now joined by a man
"Gerald!! HELP!!"
"HEY!! GET AWAY FROM HER!! LET HER GO!!" Came crys from eveyone on my side. But is was no use. By the time they had all jumped up to help, the woman and man had dragged me out the door. As they ran away with me, I heard Gerald yell- "WE ARE THE REAL MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!" and then I didn't know what to do.