The Adopted Romance

Chapter 15- The Top Floor of the Orphanage

I just stood there, bawling my eyes out like a six-year-old, before Ravon appeared once more at the doorway.

"Thanks, kiddo! You just gave us the last of the information we needed. No-one but you knows what it does, and you're coming with us!" He smirked, racing back down the stairs and hoisting me over his shoulder before running out of the door and throwing me in the back seat of his ute. I didn't struggle- I was in enough pain already! I heard the desperate shrieks of the guys, and then heard another engine rev up.

Before long, we had arrived at the orphanage. Malicia dragged me out by my arm and gripped it tightly, her acrylic nails digging into my skin.

"Nobody move! I will shoot you!!" Ravon yelled, running up to my room, with Malicia dragging me along close behind. People were shouting, and screaming, asking what was happening. I ignored them as we reached my room. Ravon kicked the door down and pointed his gun at a little girl who had taken my bed whilst I was away. He sneered at here, speaking in a baby voice

"Get outta here, girl. You'll never be adopted with a bullet hole in your head." and with that, she ran screaming down the hallway "It's just under here, Malicia babe. Then we can make ANYONE do what we want!!" He tore apart my pillow before throwing my mattress off the bunk.

"What the-?" He grabbed a piece of paper and read it aloud. "1st of May 2001. Dear Diary, this is the Charcoal Diamond, isn't it pretty? It's my best drawing EVER. I'm going to give it to mummy and hope she'll be happy with me. She tells me all these stories about how the diamond gave the pixies power to beat the evil monsters! Maybe, if I give the drawing to her, she'll stop crying and yelling at daddy! I have to go to school now, Chester is taking me! I love my big brother!"
He had picked up a piece of paper from my great-grandmother's diary, the only remaining possession of my parents. Her parents never got along well, and she gave her daughter the diary to give to Mum pass it down to me, to show that we should try to stay happy with our partners or suffer the miserable life that she had.

"Heather!! Don't you dare touch her, you fricken criminal!" Ray screamed, bursting through the door, balling his fists.

"Don't! He still has the gun! Just stay there, I'm fine!" I warned.

"No you're not! What the hell is this[b/]?!" Ravon screamed in my face.

"Heh, you really believed all of that stuff? None of it was true, I saw you standing there and quickly made it up on the spot! You were too much of an idiot to see that they were just fairy tales that Great-grandma told mum!" I laughed, wiping my cut lip.

"No! You're a filthy liar! Now give me the diamond!!" He yelled, dragging me to the open window and holding my head out

"Heather!!" I heard Gerard's voice, and turned my head but recoiled when Ravon slapped me fiercely across the cheek. "Get off her, I'll kill[\b] you!" He ran across the room, wrestling a gun from Malicia and holding it to her head

"Don't you even think about dropping her, or I will shoot your pathetic little wife!" He threatened. Instantly, Ravon pulled me from the window and held the gun to my head

"Shoot her, and I kill Heather." The calm of his voice sent shivers down my spine, as I begged with my eyes for him to let her go. He seemed to get the message, taking all the bullets from the gun before dropping them on the floor.

"Very good. Now, Heather, you have one last chance. Where. Is. The. Diamond?!"

"It. Doesn't. Exist." I replied

"Don't you- ARGH!" His sentance was interrupted by me spitting in his face. The next few seconds seemed to be in slow motion, as the guys screamed, running to me as Ravon pushed me out of the window of the top floor. The last thing I heard as I fell ten floors was desperate cries from everyone, and Gerard's loud piercing scream of:
"I was going to adopt her!"

[a/n] Sorry this is so short! There's only a few chapters to go, so stick around!