Maneuvers

Dallas

Walking out of my bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body tightly, I hurried to my room, shivering slightly giving I'm still half asleep and it's too early to be out of bed. Once I got to my room, I shut my door then turned around to my bed to see my friend, Kyle, laying on his back, legs crossed over each other, reading my Cosmo magazine that I buy just to pass the time, because of the stuff they put in those things is complete bullshit and doesnt relate to my life, at all.

"Did you break into my house?" I asked.

"No, I caught your Mother as she left for work, she let me in," He replied with a monotoned voice.

I eyed him skeptically, then walked over to my window. I shut the blinds not wanting anyone to peek my naked body then I went to my dresser, digging through my dresser drawer for a pair of panties that fit my mood today.

"I swear, you girls are nothing but gossip," He grumbled then I heard my magazine getting tossed to the floor. I glanced over my shoulder at him to see him now laying on his side, poking around the contents ontop of my nightstand. I stook my head and dried myself off more, making sure the water was off of my body completely before tugging my panties on. As I went to grab a plain black bra, a pair of skinny arms wrapped around me from behind.

I sighed, hating it when he does this to me, "Kyle, why are you here?"

"I came by to see if you wanted to ride into Dallas with me for the day," He whispered, "Hang out, go shopping, look around, maybe go see a movie,"

I thought for a minute, "Jared wouldnt like that," I spoke of my boyfriend.

Kyle's lips brushed against my bare shoulder, "He doesnt have to find out," Hugging me tighter to his body, I bit my lip remembering how this all started six months ago, at a party. Kyle and I went together, not really as a date, just friends, and it was a couples only party, you needed to bring someone. After being there a few hours, we were drunk, and before I knew it, I was in the backseat of his car, having sex with him.

It wasnt going to be a one night stand, I knew it wasnt going to be. He would still talk to me afterwards, we'd still be friends, we just wouldnt talk about it in public. I've known the boy since preschool, I feel safe with him. Over the course of six months, we have our little hook ups maybe once a week, or every other week. The tension between the two of us is horrible, and I'm even more horrible for cheating on my boyfriend with Kyle, but I'm in a confusing situation. Highschool is coming to a close next month, and i dont know if I even want a boyfriend right now, I dont know why I keep going on this way.

I wiggled around of Kyle's arms then grabbed my bra. I put it on then turned around to him. He shrugged a little, "Wanna come with me or are you going to make me go alone?'

"I'll go," I whispered.

He smiled then nodded a bit before holding out a hand. I looked at it then at him before placing my hand in his. He tugged me to his body, and started to slow dance with me to no music at all. I rested my head against his shoulder as I closed my eyes, listening to his breathing, "Is Jared still taking you to prom?"

I nodded.

He sighed stressfully, "Will you leave him for me?' He questioned for the first time in six months. He hasnt even hinted about a relationship, a serious relationship.

I stopped swaying, but didnt back out of his arms. I thought about it but I couldnt answer.

He hugged me more, "The chances of me ever calling you mine are pretty slim huh?" He asked as he backed away and eyed me.

"Kyle, dont say that--"

"No, it's cool. I understand, Im not your type," He smiled, "At least our sex is good, right? Wheres the harm in casual sex?" He joked, he turns everything into a joke when he feels vulnerable.

I just smiled then I turned back around to my dresser. I continued to get dressed quietly.

"You deserve better than Jared, I know Im not much, but at least I care,"

"Jared cares,"

"No, he doesnt babe. He says he does, but, he doesnt. If he cared, he would be your safe ride home. If he cared, he would spend more time with you. If he cared, he wouldnt have moved away just to go to school, he would've stayed until you could go with him."

I frowned but said nothing.

"I'm going to wait in the living room, take your time there's no rush," He insisted then left my room without another word.

After he was gone, I stared at the back of my bedroom door for a moment before pushing everything Kyle just said out of my mind. Getting dressed and ready quickly so I wouldnt have to make him wait longer than he had to, I walked out into the living room a mere five minutes later.

Kyle was seated on the couch, going through one of my father's car and driver magazines. Sensing me, he looked up and smiled, "Ready?' He asked cheerfully, the Kyle that was in my room a few minutes ago, gone. Like he was split personalities.

I nodded, "Ready,"

He hopped up and left out of the front door, "So, I have to pick up a few things in Dallas, which is why I'm going to begin with, but after I get those things, do you want to catch a movie or go to the mall?" He asked, "I have my extra skateboard in the trunk, we can go to the skate park,"

I laughed, "Yeah, right ... I thought we already figured out that I couldnt skate."

He frowned, "Good point, well, we can go to the indoor go kart track and race."

"Oh, I would so own you," I laughed, "I grew up with a Father who will fucking race anything, and he wanted a boy but got a girl, racing is in my blood."

"Well, it's on pretty little girl, I will so beat you,"

"Loser buys dinner and a late night movie," I said simply.

He held out his hand, "Deal,"

I shook his head and smirked playfully then skipped to his car swinging my purse, "Dont let my pretty looks fool you, I'm better than most boys,"

He gave me a cocky smirk then shook his head saying nothing as he got in his car. As we started to drive away, the music was playing a little louder than it should be played as Kyle sang along happily. I Smiled to myself, suddenly feeling ok. This isnt just a boy whom I have hush hush sex with, but he's my friend, he knows me better than most people, inside and out. And I dont want to lose this, this friendship. Relatioships never turn out good, ever. It's just better to stay just friends and that is exactly what I'm doing. Because Chloe Andersen cannot go through another heartbreak, even though she's setting herself up for one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how this is supposed to feel, cutting like a red hot knife of surgical steel.