Maneuvers

Los Angeles

Walking into the apartment, I felt the knots in my stomach tighten and my heart almost break into a million pieces, but I kept my composure. Staring at Chloe, I watched her intently and she seemed extremely happy and very excited to be here, and finally moving. After our fight, and after we parted our ways with London, the summer moved too fast for my liking. Now, school starts in a week and Chloe already has all of her things moved into this apartment, but this is the last and final trip, when I leave for LAX tomorrow morning, I'll be leaving alone.

"So, babe what do you think?" Chloe asked as she turned around and smiled nervously, awaiting my approval, "I have to find a roommate, just for some extra money I decided to rent the spare room out."

I took a look around and nodded, "It's amazing."

"Yeah, my parents decided to spend a little more than I thought they were. This is way more than I could've asked for, that's for sure. They want me safe."

I walked over into the kitchen, taking in the apartment's features. As every second ticked by, I wanted to just scream at the top of my lungs with frustration and just runaway, get as far away as I could.

"You dont like it, do you?" Chloe whispered.

"No, I love it." I turned around and smiled at my girlfriend.

She smiled back then it faded as she stared at me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I shook my head as I turned away and started to open and close cupboard doors. Truth is, I'm dying on the inside. I didnt think Chloe moving to LA would effect me the way that it has. I was fine up until we were actually landing in LAX an hour and a half ago. That's when I started fearing for the worse, fearing she may find someone who she likes better than she likes me. That she may end up getting shitfaced at a party and end up sleeping with some asshole she hardly knows, cheating on me.

"Babe?"

"What, Boo?"

"You're not ok with this move, are you?"

I shrugged, "It doesnt matter if I'm ok with it or not, does it?"

"It does. It matters to me."

"It shouldnt." I turned to her.

"But it does Kyle, I love you and I want this move to be easy on both of us."

"Well, it isnt ok Chloe?" I snapped, "I'm not ok with this move. It hurts like fucking hell, alright? There I admit it, I hate the fact that you're moving away from Texas. It pisses me off and I dont know it pisses me off because it shouldnt. I should be ok with this, but I'm just not."

Chloe frowned at the tone of voice I was using with her, "Well, I wish you would've said something before now so I could've done something about it."

"I didnt know before now, alright!? And what were you giong to do? Turn down a full ride scholarship!? Chloe you're basically going to school for free!"

"And you're mad at me because I had good grades and you didnt?"

I narrowed my eyes on her, "It's not about that."

"Well, it's sounding like you're pissed off because I'm moving on and you're stuck in Dallas at the skate shop."

I clenched my jaw, "I'm not pissed off about that, you fucking know it. I'm pissed off in general, it has nothing to do with my job or where I'm going to school."

Chloe just stopped all of her movements and just stared at me for minute. Licking her lips then cocked her head to the side, "You're scared."

"What?"

"You're scared I'm going to leave you, huh? For some cute Southern California boy."

"Hardly." I lied.

"Then why are you acting like this Kyle? I wanted you to fly out here with me so I could show you were I live, so we could spend every last second together, but if you're gonna be a bitch about all of this, I'm not sure I want you here."

"Well, I'm not sure I even want to be here." I growled.

"Then leave," She said simply then shook her head, "I have too much to worry about right now, way too much to stress about, this is the last thing I need from you Kyle. I thought we talked this through, I thought you were ok with me moving, but if you're going to act all pissed off and not man up to admit that you're scared to lose me, then you need to leave. I dont need to fight."

I just stared out here then glared, "Fine. I'm leaving, have a nice life Chloe." I growled lowly then left her apartment, slamming the door as I walked out for extra measure to convince her that I truly was mad, when honestly, I'm just a scared little bitch about everything.

Once I was out of her building and out on the sidewalk, I flagged down a taxi then told the driver to take me to LAX. I'm going to take the next plane home, I cant stand to be here anymore, I feel like I'm drowning in a swimming pool, and everyone is just standing on the edge, watching and laughing at me as I gasp for air to save me own life. I'm losing Chloe and I dont like it, at all.

-------------------------------------------

Laying in bed, my eyes burned as I continued to sob into my pillow, not being able to stop the tears ever since Kyle left my apartment, slamming my door behind himself. Things werent supposed to happen like this. No. He was supposed to come here, love the apartment, then we were supposed to go out for a nice romantic dinner and a walk on the beach before coming back here to make love into the wee hours of the morning. We werent supposed to get in a fight.

I know that Kyle is just scared and he's just covering it up with anger, but either way it still hurts. I told Kyle months ago, back before we graduated that I would stay in Texas if he wanted me to, and he told me to just come out here, to not hold back simply because of him. So, I do as he said, not holding back just because of him, and now it feels like I'm being punished for it.

I dont want to lose Kyle. If I didnt want to be with him, I wouldnt have fought so hard to stay with him during our fight, I wouldnt have spent almost every single day of this summer with him, and I would still be friends with London.

Suddenly, my bedroom light flipped on, making me jump out of fear and sit up ready to scream bloody murder, that was until I saw who was standing there.

With blue eyes fixated on me, my visitor inhaled deeply then exhaled a heavy sigh, "You should really keep your front door locked," Kyle mumbled.

I quickly wiped away my tears as I tried to compose myself and get a handle on my out of control emotions, "I thought you left," I hissed.

"I did. Well, kind of." He reached up behind his neck and rubbed his hand to the back of it, "I sat in the airport for a good five hours or so, I wanted to leave, but I couldnt."

"Well, why did you come back?" I growled, trying to put up a front.

"Because, I may not like having you over here but the thought of you not being my girlfriend again hurt alot more than you moving," He mumbled, "Plus, the way I left earlier, I was a jackass, I'm sorry."

I just reached out for him as I started to cry again, not being able to hold my tears back any longer. He took his backpack off and dropped it by my door then walked over, taking me into his arms. I hugged back tightly, just sobbing into the crook of his neck, "I dont like moving here anymore than you like me moving here," I slurred.

Kyle nodded a little, "It just hit me all at once," He whispered in a weird tone of voice, weird enough that it made me back away from him at look at him.

Slowly, tears were rolling down his cheeks, not in a sobbing manner like mine are, but he was infact crying. I reached up and wiped them away, "Dont cry,"

"Well you're crying," He pointed out.

"Ok, cry," I wrapped my arms around him again and hugged tightly once more. He rocked a little then huffed, "I had tonight planned out and this isnt how I wanted it to go."

"Me either,"

He pushed me away, then wiped away his tears before he forcefully tried to stop crying, "You're not hungry, are you?"

I just shrugged, "If you're asking if I want to go out, the answer is no." I informed him.

"How about some delivery?"

I nodded, "I'll settle for that."

"Ok," He leaned in and pressed his forehead to mine, "Chloe, I'm not mad at you, I'm not pissed off--"

I put my finger over his lips, "You're scared." I mumbled.

He nodded, "Yeah."

"I love you, and there isnt another boy in this entire world that could come close to my Kyle William Burns." I whispered, "When all is said and done, it's you that I want and it's you that I'll be thinking about at night, and you're the one who has my heart."

"I love you," he said simply then kissed my lips lovingly. As he backed away, he got completely off of my bed and went to his bag. Kneeling down he grabbed something out of it before walking back over to me and sitting back down, "I got this for you, it's nothing really special and I know how you dont like to wear jewelry because you always end up losing it, but none of your other jewelry really held meaning,"

I took the box from him slowly then opened it. I smiled as I saw a beautiful diamond heart pendant necklace, laying within it, "Oh Babe," I whispered, "How much did this cost?" I questioned, knowing Kyle wouldnt put anything fake on me, he isnt that type of guy.

He shrugged as he picked it up and put it on me, "It doesnt matter," He whispered then admired it, "Just a little something I picked up, do you like it?"

"I love it, thank you so much." I leaned in and kissed his lips before lightly touching the necklace, "It was expensive," I muttered.

He just shrugged, not wanting to talk price with me, "If you're wondering if it's real ... yes it is real. Very real."

"You didnt go where I think you went, did you?" I mumbled.

"Tiffany's?" He questioned.

I nodded.

He nodded, "I did."

"Damnit, Kyle." I sighed, knowing that he spent a pretty penny on this.

"You're worth it," He kissed my lips then smiled softly as he eyed it, "It looks amazing on you."

"Thank you."

"You're Welcome," He kissed me again then lightly caressed my face, "It's late, let's order a pizza and watch a movie or something."

"Alright,"

"Got a phone book?"

"In the kitchen, in the drawer by the phone. I'm going to change,"

"Ok," He kissed me once again then stood up. I watched as he walked towards my door.

"Babe?"

"Yeah, Boo?"

"I'm glad that you came back," I whispered.

He nodded, "Me too," With that, he left my bedroom and went down the hall. I stood to my feet, grabbed a clean shirt and a pair of PJ pants, I went into the bathroom and flipped my light on.

Staring at myself in the mirror, my eyes were red and puffy from crying. I look as though I have a cold, or the flu even. Locking my eyes on my necklace, I just smiled as I lightly touched it, admiring the way it seemed to lay against my flesh in a way jewelry only fits in the movies or at red carpet events. It was like this necklace was made just for me and no one else.

Sighing softly, I disrobed myself then put my clean clothes on before washing my face and brushing me hair out after having taken it out of it's messy bun. Walking back into my room, Kyle was in a pair of basket ball shorts, and shirtless, laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling.

I crawled onto the bed next to him and snuggled into him.

"Pizza will be here in about forty minutes to an hour," He informed me, "And can you answer me why you got such a big bed?"

I shrugged, "It was comfy,"

"It's going to get empty and cold,"

"I know that now, but I wanted it because it's comfy."

Kyle laughed softly, 'Yeah, it is pretty comfy."

I lifted my head and hovered over Kyle's face. He looked up into my eyes then reached up with his hand and tangled his hand up in my hair before pulling me down to meet his lips with mine. Slowly, we were swept away by a passionate kiss.

Pulling away from his lips, he opened his eyes and looked up at me again, "marry me,"

I frowned, "What?"

"Marry me, one day."

"Is this a proposal?"

"No," He shook his head, "I just want to know that you'll marry me one day."

I smiled and nodded, "Yes, I'll marry you one day. Only if you get down on one knee and get me a pretty ring."

He nodded, "I can do that,"

"And ... after you ask me to be your wife and I say yes, you have to make love with me somewhere really romantic so that I'll never forget that night for as long as i live."

He sighed, "Those are some high standards, you'll probably end up holding me in a hotel room while I apologize and say, "that's never happened before" "

I laughed at him, "But, it has happened before, Kyle.'

He frowned, "Once, ok ... one time."

"You were drunk, it's never happened with you sober."

"I was shitfaced, I'm surprised I even had enough energy within me to take my clothes off."

I kissed his lips, "You really want to marry me?"

"Yes," He ran his hand through my hair, "But, right now I'll settle for being your boyfriend. Plus, we've only really been together for about four months, we should just be 'together' for a while first before we jump into an engagement, just so we can avoid all the questions from friends and family."

"True," I paused, "What about babies?"

"What about babies?" He mumbled.

"Do you want babies?"

"Yes, do you?"

"Yes." I smiled, "I want three." I held up three fingers.

"Well, I want two," He said simply, "A boy and a girl."

"We'll see," I smirked then laid down all the way, "I want a beautiful house, and a dog, and a cat." I whispered, "Somewhere to call ours."

"In texas?" Kyle asked.

I laughed and nodded, "Yes, in Texas."

"Good." Kyle mumbled, "What else? Tell me about the house you want."

I sighed as I rubbed his chest, "I want it to be two stories, and our room I want it be big. call me selfish or whatever, but I've always dreamed about having a huge master bedroom, with walk in closets and a big bathroom, with a clawfoot tub."

"You think I'm going to be rich, dont you?" Kyle whispered with a gentle laugh.

"It could happen, cant I dream?"

"Yes, tell me more."

"And I want a front and back yard with grass, good grass, not like the grass my parents have where my Dad is always cursing it to hell because it doesnt want to grow right or whatever. And I want a big kitchen and dinning room, so we can have family dinners. I just want something big, even if we have to drive bikes around, I want a huge expensive house and I dont want to move, once I get into a nice house like that, I want to stay there ... forever, make memories."

"Well, give me a few years Boo. I'll work my ass off to give you that, I just need a little time."

"We got time," I mumbled, "You'd really get me a house like that?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I mean, I'd be living there too." He laughed then smiled, "But, I want to take care of you,"

"I dont need you to take care of me, Kyle. I just need you to be there for me. I can take care of myself, I'm a big girl."

"Well, I'm always going to be here for you, no matter what happens." He whispered, "And I know you can take care of yourself, but, I'm in love."

"We're in love," I muttered.

"And we're supposed to take care of each other."

I smiled then kissed him lightly before laying my head on his chest. Closing my eyes, I listened to his heart beat within his chest, knowing I'm going to miss the sound of it when he goes home and I stay here.

"we'll make it through, Boo."

"I know it, it's gonna be hard though."

"It's going to be hell."

"But, in the end ... I'm comin' home to Texas and you're gonna make me your wifey."

He rubbed my back, "I am," He confirmed.

"I love you,"

"I love you." Kyle mocked softly. I closed my eyes once more then inhaled deeply as I relaxed and we both fell quiet, enjoying each others company and waiting patiently for our dinner to arrive.

I'm going to miss this boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
My secret is fatally gorgeous, I'd die for you.