Maneuvers

Chaos

"I havent been home in months. I havent seen my boyfriend in months. My family is falling apart, give me one good reason not to move home, Joel." I demanded of my best friend and my roommate.

"Me," He answered as his green eyes sadly stared at me.

I made a face as I stopped packing. Looking back at him I felt my heart breaking because he's truly become my other half, my best friend, he isnt Kyle, or as close to me as Kyle is, but he's pretty damn close. "Come with me," I said as I started to pack again.

"Run that by me again?" He asked, "You want me, to come with you to Texas. I'm gay love, thosee rednecks down there would hang me."

I rolled my eyes, "Joel, it's not like you're a flamboyant gay guy."

He made his eyes wide, "I'm gay and I'm proud."

"I know, that's not what I mean. You dont push your gayness on people." I laughed a little at how weird that just sounded.

"And what about Kyle?"

"He'll like you." I smiled, "Joel, you either come with me or you dont, either way I'm leaving to Texas. My parents are filing for a divorce, my cousins are over ruling my house, my Aunt and Uncle are trying to get back on their feet but they have too many damn kids to take care of by themselves. I need to be there before my family breaks up and I lose everything and everyone I have ever known."

Joel nodded, "Yee Haw, Texas here I come."

I smiled, "Really?"

He nodded, "Really, I mean, you're close to Dallas, thats a big city, there has to be a few cute boys there, right?"

"Tons," I nodded, "And I'm pretty sure one of Kyle's friends is gay, he's just in the closet about it." I smiled.

He shook his head, "Did you already talk Heather into coming with you?"

"No, she wont come with me. But once a month we're going to make a trip to see each other. Joel, we're all family now, me, you and Heather, one big family."

"Then why isnt she coming?"

"Her parents would flip if they found out she tranferred to Dallas. They want her in UCLA, and they're paying for it, so she cant really argue."

He flopped on my bed then smiled at me, "Kyle will be happy to see you."

"He will be, he thinks I'm just coming home for a visit, he's gonna flip when he finds out that I'm moving."

"You love him a lot,"

"I do," I nodded then zipped up my bag, "Are you really gonna move with me?"

"Yeah, Joel without Chloe would be suicide," He sat up and smiled, "Plus, who are you gonna run to when Kyle breaks your heart cause he's a douche?"

I thought about it then frowned, remembering that I actually have no friends back home anymore. All my friends are here, my life is here, if Kyle moved out here, things would be damn near perfect.

"Chloe?" Joel mumbled then pushed me a bit, "You ok?"

"Home isnt home anymore." I whispered.

Joel made a face, "Care to explain yourself?"

"Life over there moved on. I have Kyle, but other than that, everyone has gone on their way, even my family. They have their own problems now and we hardly talk." I whispered, "Joel, what if I'm not wanted back? Kyle is always saying he'll move out here." I pointed out.

"Honey, you're wanted back, trust me. Just because things over there are happening and changing, doesnt mean they dont want you back, and Kyle ... from what I'm told would probably do anything for you. You say jump, Kyle will jump, if you say move with me, he'll move. I dont know him very well, but what I do know about him is that he's crazy for you."

"Yeah."

"So, dont doubt this trip. If you want to move home, you move home. Even they're not there with open arms, it's not the people you miss so much as it's the surroundings. Texas is where your heart is."

"My heart is with Kyle," I corrected.

"Whose in Texas."

"He can be here too."

"But he wouldnt be happy, would he?"

I thought then shook my head, "Probably not."

"Exactly." Joel stood up and kissed my cheek loudly, "I'm gonna go pack, we have a red eye to catch."

"Joel?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

He nodded then walked out of my room. I licked my lips then took a glance around my room. I've been in LA for five months and I love it. It's beautiful, granted there are some downsides, but if you know the right places to go, LA is a beautiful place, once you get passed all the tourism.

I've made this place my home, I've made some of the best friends in my entire life, and if Joel were straight, I probably would've left Kyle by now and been hitched to Joel. He is amazing, he is extremely smart. He has brains and beauty. He is very open to everyone in his life, including his family, whom he told he was gay when he was sixteen. They were open minded about it from what Joel has told me, but like any Father would, his Dad tried to set him up on dates and failed. But now he has a great relationship with them, he has an older brother and a younger sister.

Joel grew up in the upper class lifestyle. Though he earned everything he got, his Father made him and his siblings get straight A's, if they didnt they wouldnt be able get money or whatever. Joel has manners, yet he knows how to have fun.

My other friend, Heather, is a goof. She too has had a very cushioned lifestyle, up until recently when her parents told her she has to get her act together and go to school, make the grades, and get a job. They picked the school she goes to, and she's trying her hardest to live on her own without her parents help, but it's hard.

"Hey Chloe?" Joel asked.

"Yeah?"

"Have you told Kyle I'm gay?"

I thought for a second then shook my head to myself, "No, I guess i havent."

Joel suddenly appeared with wide eyes, "great, now he probably thinks that I'm up in you every night."

I frowned, "Kyle doesnt think that." I laughed, "He sounded fine when I told him about you."

"You just left out that I'm gay. Thank you," He nodded, "That's nice."

"Well." I laughed then grabbed my bags, "I havent told him about Quinn." I said of my other friend who is like a brother to me.

He shook his head, "You're just wanting to start a fight, arent you?"

"What? cant a girl have guy friends?"

"No, not when they look like you and their boyfriend lives in another state. Even I know that Chloe."

I frowned at him, "Kyle will be fine with it. And Quinn is engaged anyway, I cant help it if I get along better with guys than I do with girls, it's not my fault that they're too much drama, and after what happened with my old friend London, I dont even try now."

Pushing by Joel with my bags and growled, "Hurry up pretty boy, Quinn will be here any minute."

"Hello!?" I heard Quinn wail.

"Hurry, he's here." I demanded.

"I heard him too, love." Joel spat back before disappearing into his room. I walked out into the living room to see Quinn and his fiance Stacie, who is also one of my best friends.

"You're really gonna spend Christmas over in hicktown, instead of with us in our new home?" Stacie asked simply.

I nodded, "I'm moving," I made a face.

"what!?" Quinn gasped then shook his head, "I'm not driving you to the airport," He said simply as he flopped down, "You will not leave."

"I have to, so much shit is going on at home and I just need to be there, plus I really miss Kyle." I said simply.

"I know how you feel. When I went back to New York for school, I almost died missing quinn," Stacie noddded.

"Dont side with her, Babe." Quinn growled.

"Well, I know how it feels to be without your boyfriend, that's all. You should be happy that she wants to be happy. Shes our best friend."

Quinn looked up at me with his hazel eyes then shook his head, "Nope, not happy." He said simply and he turned away.

"I got an idea," Stacie smiled, "Let's move with her."

Quinn's eyes got wide, "What!?" He yelped in a high pitched tone.

"It's not like you're doing anything. You dropped your classes and you work a nine to five at some law place, you're a male secretary."

I smiled but said nothing.

"After the holiday's we can move. I'm sure they have all kinds of openings for teachers, so I'm ok with a job and you can get back into school and finish your courses. This is chloe we're talking about."

"Why does everyone want to move with me?" I asked out loud.

Quinn and Stacie looked at me, "Everyone?" Quinn questioned.

"Joel is moving too,"

"You asked me to move, and I said yes because I didnt want to lose you," Joel corrected as he walked out with four bags.

I looked at him, "What's all this?"

"Clothes," He answered simply.

I shook my head then looked at Quinn and Stacie.

"Think about it, I've been dying to get out of LA. Sure we're moving to hicktown, but Dallas is a city."

"I actually live outside of Dallas," I pointed out simply.

"Whatever, it's still Dallas," Stacie nodded, "Think about it. Quinn you're gonna mope around because you dont have Chloe to fix your car when it breaks."

I laughed.

"She doesnt fix, I do."

"Really?" stacie laughed, "That's not how I heard it."

"Ok, maybe she did fix it, but I told her how," Quinn insisted.

I laughed again then sighed, "Listen, you two dont need to move to Texas..."

"Shut up," Stacie growled, "You will be my maid of honor whether you want to be or not. You are the only girl I trust around my man, and it's gonna stay that way. Quinn, myself, Joel, you and Heather are family we cant be broken up, it's wrong." She growled.

I just nodded knowing Stacie is extremely sensitive when it comes to the subject of family, she grew up in the system, her Father has been in and out of prison since before she was born and her Mother died from an overdose when Stacie was just two. She has no family, we are her family.

"You guys, maybe you should think about it." I whispered, not wanting anyone to make a mistake, to make a decision without thinking about it first.

"You know, stacie's right. I would miss you alot. Things have changed for the better since you got here, for all of us. Joel found his soulmate." Quinn laughed.

"I did, I love my Chloe." Joel smiled.

"Stacie found the sister she's always wanted. I got a best friend, who is better at almost everything than me, even football, and she doesnt have a dick, that's scary." He paused, "And Heather found someone who isnt all wild and on drugs, trying to make her party everynight. Chloe, whether you like to hear it or not, you're exactly what we all needed."

I madea face then nodded, "You guys are what I needed to. I had a bad year until I met you guys, but I just want you to think everything through..."

"And we have," Stacie smiled, "We'll move with you. Over the holiday we'll pack up the house, look for places to live online..."

"What about Heather?" Joel cut in, "She cant move."

We all just fell quiet, looking at each other, "She can, she just needs to grow up." Quinn nodded, "We'll talk to her while you two are gone. Chloe, everything will work out and we will all be together, even if it means moving to hicktown." Quinn laughed.

I smiled then shook my head, "I love you guys,"

"And we love you," Stacie walked over to me and hugged me tightly, "I've always wanted a country wedding," She backed away.

I laughed then nodded, "Ok, deal is you guys can move with me, but if you're not happy you have to move back."

"Deal." Quinn agreed.

"Alright. Now, we need to get to LAX." I smiled simply.

"Right," Quinn said in a lazy manner, "That's why we came over to begin with, huh?"

I nodded slightly, "Yeah."

Standing up from my couch he made a face as he grabbed my bags then started out of the apartment. This is going to be a trip, I can feel like it now.

------------------------------------------

Standing in the airport, I growled lowly to myself not really wanting to be here, but I want to be the first to see Chloe before the drama of her family takes over her mind and she's stressed out. I also dont understand why should had to take a red eye, I'm sure there's tons of flights tomorrow, when we're awake.

"Babe!" I heard Chloe wail out cutely.

I shot my head around until my eyes landed on her, "Boo!" I called back as I hurried over to her. She rushed to me, before jumping into my arms, literally. With her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist, she kissed me playfully, as I held her up with ease.

After a bunch of playful kisses she finally pressed her lips to mine, allowing us to share a very passionate kiss that we both needed. Pulling away from my lips she smiled, "I missed you,"

"I missed you," I mocked before kissing her lips again.

She wiggled around, "Put me down," She demanded.

I put her on her feet then she smiled wildly, "Babe, this is Joel." She said, pointing to the well dressed guy standing next to her. He was in a simple pair of jeans and a button down shirt, but he wore it well. He looked as though nothing less than top dollar designer names touch his body. I frowned sternly, not liking him one bit, he's good looking, I'll admit it, and I dont want a guy that good looking around Chloe. No one is just friends with Chloe and is ok with not getting laid, Hell I was there, I know and I got laid too.

"Joel, this is Kyle, my babe." She introduced me, "or rather in technical terms, my boyfriend." Chloe added as she looked up at me then looked over at Joel.

I extended a hand towards Joel, "Nice to meet you," I lied.

"Likewise. Chloe is amazing, you're lucky to have her."

"I know," I said simply then looked at my girlfriend with a frown. Her green eyes went wide then her jaw dropped just slightly, "Are you jealous that he lives me with?" She questioned.

"No,' I growled.

"Good, cause babe ... he's gay." She informed me, "I should've told you sooner, and I should've called before the plane left to tell you that he was coming along with me, but have no fear he isnt trying to get in my panties."

I sighed softly, feeling a lot better about the situation.

"I told Chloe that, that was the first thing she should've told you straight from the start, because honestly I dont want any trouble and I'm not stealing your girl, if I were straight, that would be a different story." He laughed.

I let out a soft laugh then looked at Chloe, "Are you hungry?"

"Straved," She nodded.

"Wanna go grab a bite to eat before heading home?"

"Please," She stood on her tippy toes and kissed my lips, "I got good news Babe,"

"What's that good news?" I mumbled against her soft lips, as my heart raced, making me want to tear our clothes off and have my way with her right here.

"You have to wait," She put her hand flat against my chest then pushed me away. I frowned as I shook my head and leaned back in, pressing my lips to hers, "Before you go home and get swept away with drama, can we go back to my house?"

She smiled against my lips, "Why, what's on your mind Burns?"

"The same thing that's probably on your mind."

"A nice back rub and candles?" she questioned.

I nodded, "I can do that, but something else."

She giggled then pushed me away, "Enough of that, we're in public, pervert." She laughed then looked at Joel, "Joel made reservations for himself at a hotel because he didnt want to intrude, so we have to drop him off after we eat, okie dokie?"

"Yeah," I smiled then grabbed her bags, "Let's get going, I'm actually kinda hungry too." I said softly.

Walking up next to me, Chloe smacked my ass playfully before wrapping her arm around my waist, "How was work today?"

"Busy, it's always busy this time a year, I managed to get tomorrow off, but I may have to close, I dont know I'll get a call tomorrow telling me whether or not I have to." I pressed my lips to her temple, "How are you?" I mumbled.

"Stressed, I dont know exactly what's going on at home, but I know it's not good."

"No, it isnt." I confirmed, "Your Dad actually called me last week at like four in the morning and made me meet up with him at IHOP and he was freaking out. I guess the divorce isnt out of left field like we had thought, it's been in the works, and he was worried about you and how you would handle it."

'I'm not a little girl, Kyle."

"I know, and I told him that. I told him that you're old enough to handle it, and I would be there for you if you needed me."

She made a face, "So, what do you mean in the works?"

"Your Mom had been seeing a guy from work, Carl?"

Her eyes went wide, "No!?"

I nodded, "Your dad had just found out that night so I guess I'm the only person he thought about going to?"

"Daddy likes you, you're the son he's never had. Plus, you were apart of this family before we ever started sleeping together."

"I know, I just never thought your Dad would come to me with relationship questions, I mean I have a hard time figuring mine out sometimes, I'm the last person he should've came to."

"He trusts you, is all Babe."

"He's living with you Uncle up in Forth Worth right now. Your house is chaos, I went over there the other night because I was looking for that one dress shirt that I have and I knew you had it last so I thought it may be over in your room and the place is trashed. And condoms everywhere."

"What!?"

"Yeah, turns out in the last five months, your cousin has become sexually active with a dude a year older than me." I shook my head, "I dont know what he's doing with her, well I mean, I know why he's with her, she was a virgin." I muttered.

She looked at me with a frown, "I dont want to hear it."

"I'm just saying, she's going to do just about anything to make him happy. Unlike girls who have morals."

"Like me?"

"Exactly, because now you havent blown me since before highschool ended."

"Kyle!"

"It's true," I pointed out then shrugged, "Anyway, back on subject here. They're a bunch of crazy ass people over there. I take Alexis to the park once a week, and she never wants to go home."

Chloe made a face then growled, "I dont get it, babe."

"there's nothing to get, Boo." I whispered, "People fall out of love, that's what happened with your parents and as far as your cousin, their parents will not give them rules so they're out doing whatever the hell they want.."

"Did you tell that guy to leave Lily alone?"

"I did, he told me to fuck off and mind my own business so I said a few other words the next thing I knew your Father was pulling us apart and I had a bloody nose and the guy had a busted lip."

"Aw, babe you fought for my cousin?"

"Family," I said simply, "She's not even sixteen yet and the guy is almost twenty."

Finally coming up to my Truck, we got everything in and everyone in before I drove off to the nearest IHOP for some late night food before we drop Joel off for the night.

Before I knew it, I was laying on my back in my bed panting softly with Chloe laying next to me, the sheet clutched to her chest, "Wow," She whispered, "Kyle that was amazing," She added.

I turned my head to her then leaned over, kissing her neck lovingly. Shivering, she tilted her head, giving me more access to her neck. I continued to kiss, and nip randomly as my hand found it's way between her legs.

She reached down and grabbed my wrist before tugging my hand up to her chest before looking at me, "I have news," She managed to get out.

"Oh yeah," I smiled as I propped myself up on one elbow, resting my head in the palm of my hand, "What's the news?" I whispered as I traced her chest slowly.

"I'm moving back home," She whispered, "I'm not going back to LA, well, I am to get my things but other than that, I'm back babe."

"Why?"

"I miss it here, I miss you and I just want to come home. Joel is moving with me, so is Quinn and Stacie, Heather maybe, but we're moving here, they're moving here because they dont want to lose me. It feels good to actually have friends you like you."

"I like you,"

"You love me, and we're more than friends."

"I know, but we werent always."

"You know what I mean,"

I nodded then tugged the sheet down until I saw her chest, bending down I kissed her softly, "Not bad for masturbating for five months, huh?" I smiled against her skin.

"Not bad," She confirmed with her hand tangled up in the back of my hair, "Round two before the sun wakes up," She paused, "And I want something slow, I dont want to get off."

"You dont?"

"Well, I do, but..."

"You want lovin'" I whispered.

She nodded as she lifted my head and kissed my lips. I kissed back deeply as climbed ontop of her once again. Pulling away and out of the kiss I sighed, "I really missed you, and I love you."

"I love you, too." She replied.

I smiled at her before kissing her nose lightly before pushing my hips into hers, getting lost in the moment once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The way your words keep me in line, I know what I'm here for. Waking up to the green of your eyes is something I'll get used to.