Maneuvers

Pregnant

Laying in Kyle's bed with her skinny arms wrapped around me tightly, I listened to my phone ring for the fifth time in the last ten minutes, and again I continued to ignore it, letting it ring. Unwrapping an arm from my body, Kyle reached over to his nightstand grabbing my purse before digging through it and finding my phone. Tiredly he eyed the ID then grumbled to himself before answering it, "Hello?" He greeted, his voice dry and weak, "No Jeff, Chloe isnt up but as soon as she is, I'll have her give you a call." Kyle lied to my Father, "Um, I dont know if she has anything planned today, I know that we have to go pick up Joel sooner or later, but other than that, I dont think she's doing much."

I sat up and stared at my boyfriend as he talked to my Dad, "Dinner at Jay's?" He asked, "Tonight?" He added as he looked at me with wide eyes, silently asking for my opinion. I nodded slightly, "Yeah, I think we can make it. Joel will be joinging us though," He paused, "Alright, I'll have her call you when she gets up. Ok ... later." He hung up the phone before shoving it back into my purse and pushing my purse off of his bed onto the floor, "It was starting to piss me off," He said simply.

"How did this happen?" I asked.

Kyle stared at me, he seemed confused, "Us?"

"No, not us ... just everything, my family is falling apart." I whispered.

Kyle forced himself up before rubbing his face, "It's not your fault if that's what you're thinking," He muttered.

"Babe, What happens now?"

"Well, your parents will find new spouses most likely, you may or may not end up with a new sibling. Time goes on and so does life. It's hard, I know."

I eyed him simply.

"I've been through a divorce before, I know it's hard." He pointed out, "But, it worked out for the better. Both my parents are happier, and I got Marc." He laughed.

I made a face, "What if we get married and we fall out of love?" I whispered, "And when we fall out of love, we have kids and they're put through this."

He reached over, running his hand through my hair, "We'll keep it simple, civil and hopefully drama free." He mumbled, "A divorce is the last thing I would want to put our kids through, Boo."

"Do we even wants kids?" I frowned, "Do we ever want to get married?"

"I do," Kyle said simply as he climbed out of bed completely naked from the night before. He grabbed a pair of PJ pants and tugged them on, "Chloe, this is hard, I know but it's not like you're living at home anymore. You're parents never truly fought around you, and they gave you a great childhood, sticking it out together until you were out of the house. Boo, you have amazing parents, and even though they're your parents, they are together too, well were together ... they have needs, they're a couple if they feel like they cant make it work anymore then fine. Your Father isnt slipping into depression, it wasnt a shock for him. Your Mother is coping quite well too. Right now, instead of you trying to figure out where their relationship went wrong, focus on ours ... I havent seen you since summer, Christmas is next week, you're moving back to Texas. So much is going on right now, there is nothing truly bad or wrong with your life."

"Kyle?" I whispered, "I still dont understand how you can talk the way you do," I paused for a moment, "You are truly smart and very caring." I nodded.

Kyle made a face at me, "I'm smarter than I let on." He said in a calm, smooth voice before smirking at me and leaving his room, mumbling about having to pee real badly.

Laying back down in his bed, I tugged the covers back up around myself before letting out a tired sigh, not really wanting to get out of his bed. I feel safe and loved in this bed, it smells like Kyle and that something I can never get enough off. Walking back into his room, Kyle shut his door then crawled onto the bed next to me, staying above the covers, "So, I vote we shower, go for a nice breakfast together, then go pick up Joel."

"I vote that we stay in bed and snuggle."

He made a cute face, "Really, just snuggle?"

I nodded, "I want to snuggle."

"When you move back, where are you staying?"

"I dont know yet ... I want to look for a place."

"If you dont find one, you can move in here." he smiled.

I smiled back, "Kyle, are you ever going to move out of your parents house?"

"Sooner or later."

"How about sooner rather than later?" I whispered, "If I get a place, I want you to live with me."

"Are you sure we're ready to be living together?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah," I played with his hair , "I think we could handle it."

He smiled then kissed my lips, "I love you," He mumbled against my lips.

"I love you, too." I replied, my lips still touching his, "I really missed hearing you say that in person. It isnt the same over the phone,"

He nodded agreeing with me, before pressing his lips firmly to mine. I leaned into him a little more before I felt him reached under the covers and tug my shirt off. Moving his kisses from my lips to my neck he slowly and carefully got under the covers with me. As our kissing got a little more passionate, Kyle was gently pushing his hips into me, nothing but his PJ pants between us, stopping us from actually taking it all the way.

As I made the move to push them down there was a knock on his bedroom door, "Kyle?" His Father questioned.

Kyle growled lowly, "What?" he answered.

"Jonathan is here, I didnt send him in because I know Chloe is here ... are you two, decent?"

Kyle looked extremely upset by this unexpected visitor, "Yeah." He answered as he handed me my shirt along with my panties. I put them on quickly but didnt get out of bed. Kyle sat there, breathing in deeply calming his aroused body.

"Later," I whispered.

He looked at me, nodding his head slightly agreeing with me. His bedroom door opened slowly and Jonathan appeared, "I'm not ruining anything am I?"

"No," I smiled as I jumped out of bed, "Oddly enough, I missed you." I laughed as I hugged him tightly. Jonathan returned the hug before backign away from me, "Me too ..." He smiled, "So, how is LA?"

"Great, but I'm moving home." I informed him as I sat at Kyle's computer desk. Jonathan shot Kyle a look before turning his full attention back on me, "Why?"

"Because, I miss home." I pointed out.

"Have you heard about London?" Jonathan asked.

"No," Kyle answered for me, "I havent told her."

I looked at my boyfriend, "Told me what?"

"Nothing, it's just ... London's pregnant."

I made my eyes wide, "Oh?"

"Yeah, she's having a really hard time."

"Who's baby is it?"

"Well," Jonathan mumbled, "It may be mine, the timing is right, but she also cheated on me a few times so I dont know until the baby is born. London and I already agreed that we're taking a DNA test as soon as possible."

I sat there, letting this news sink into my head. I know I said I hate London, and I do, but I also feel bad for her, "Do you see her?"I asked.

Jonathan nodded, "I do my best for moral support. I go with her to the doctors, just incase the baby is mine, I dont want to miss anything. But financially she's taken care of. Her Dad moved home I guess, he's been around a lot. But if the baby turns out to be mine ... London and I already agreed that we want you and kyle to be her godparents."

"her?" I asked.

"It's a girl," Kyle muttered simply from the bed where he's fiddling with his cell phone, "And I completely understand if you say no." He added.

I looked at him before looking at Jonathan, "Why us?"

"Because, Kyle is my best friend, you were at one time London's best friend and believe it or not she still loves you like a sister. We just thought it was the right choice."

Making a face, I looked over at Kyle, "babe?"

"Boo?" He mumbled back, not looking at me.

"What do you think?"

"I think I dont care. It's really up to you, she betrayed me and hurt me, but not like she did you."

"I need to think about," I told Jonathan.

"That's fine," He nodded.

"What if the baby isnt yours? Are you just gonna leave her alone?"

Jonathan shook his head, "I want to, but it wouldnt be right. If the baby isnt mine the baby doesnt have a Father. She was wasted when she slept with those other guys. I can always be Uncle Jonathan."

Getting up, I walked back over to the bed and sat next to Kyle. He looked at me for a second before gently placing his hand on my thigh, tracing soft circles on the inside of my leg with his finger tips.

Jonathan sat down in computer chair as he started to talk to Kyle about something else, something I wasnt really involved in, and dont really care about. My mind was elsewhere, on my parents divorce and now on London's pregnancy. Maybe moving home isnt the best idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you never meant to do, everything you put me through, It's okay I forgive you. Just know that when you see me cringe sometimes, I'm just trying to rid the poison from my mind.