Maneuvers

Over It

Slowly walking up to the house, I looked my fiance with a skeptical look. He glanced back at me then back at the house, "It's weird," He spoke softly.

I nodded agreeing with him, "I havent been here since ..." I paused, "Since before our fight."

Kyle looked down at Daisy, asleep in her carseat. He got a better grip on the handle before looking back at me, "We should get this over with. Go through everything that we can before the Movers get here tomorrow."

I nodded once more but I didnt move. Kyle leaned over, pressing his lips to my temple before pulling the key out of his pocket. Walking up the walkway to the house, he unlocked it before pushing the door open, glancing back at me he frowned, "Are you going to stand there all day?"

Adjusting Daisy's diaper bag on my shoulder I slowly put one foot infront of the other, walking cautiously up to London's house, the house that Kyle and I are giving to Quinn and Stacie as a early Wedding Present. I thought about giving it to Joel, but Joel will be living where ever Kyle and I decide to move.

Entering the house, I inhaled deeply before shutting the door. I spotted Kyle over in the living room with Daisy's carseat on the coffee table, he unbuckled her before carefully picking the whining infant up, cooing softly to her as he looked around.

"We can keep the furniture here," Kyle started, "There's nothing wrong with it, and it all matches," he laughed gently, "But I suppose we should clear out the bedrooms, put everything in boxes and trash bags," He turned to me, "Should we go find Daisy's nursery?" He asked, "The stuff we have at home is just what she absolutely needs. Knowing London, she had some world class designer come in and do the nursery."

I nodded then followed him up the stairs. Daisy peeking at me from his shoulder. Her brown eyes were bright but sad looking, she hates to be bothered when she's tired and lately none of us have been getting the sleep we need.

I decided to not go back to LA and pack but instead asked Joel if he could, he agreed. I needed to be here with Kyle and Daisy, trying to find a house to move into and sorting out all of the legal business involving Daisy, and everything London left us in her will, which is everything she owns, it's as if she knew she was going to die soon. It's weird, but I'm handling it the best that I can.

Last week, Kyle and I had a funeral for London, not many people came but then again,I didnt expect them to come. Her parents dont care, they're off doing only god knows what, she had no other family. Just a few friends but that was it.

"Found it," Kyle muttered as he walked into a room then flipped the switch. I walked in and let my jaw drop slightly, the room was gorgeous, pink was it's main color, which doesnt surprise me, but it was every parents dream nursery. It had everything from a changing table to storage containers filled with diapers and wipes. The closet was filled with baby clothes worth more than most would even spend on their rent.

Kyle walked over to the crib, made sure there wasnt anything harmful in it and that it was safe for Daisy to use. Once he was satisfied he gently laid her in it before smiling down at her. I walked to the clothes, thumbing through the clothes, "Look at this." I whispered.

"I know," Kyle shook his head as he looked around on the shelves.

"Should we keep everything?' i frowned.

He turned to me and nodded, "Yeah, when we settle on what house to buy, we she definitely move the nursery over there."

"We're not keeping all of these clothes, some of them are hideous."

He laughed as he walked over and looked through it, "Well, That was London for you.' he pulled out a fluffly pink dress and made a face, "She isnt going to wear this."

I looked at the price tag and gasped, "nine hundred bucks," I shook my head, "Good lord," I paused, "She's just going to grow out of it." I looked at Kyle.

He laughed nodding, agreeing with me silently. He kissed my lips gently, "Do you want to pack up the nursery or do you want me to?" He whispered.

"You do it," I reached up, playing with his dirty blonde hair, "I'm going to go clear out the master bedroom."

"Are you ok?" He mumbled.

"Yeah I am ... you?"

"It's weird," he shrugged, "But I'm alright."

I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly before backing away and leaving the nursery. I walked down the hallway and into the master bedroom, London's old room. The place was clean and organized like it always was.

"Do you need help?" I heard a voice ask from behind me.

I jumped then turned around quickly to see Marc standing there. He frowned, "Did you forget that kara, myself and Jonathan followed you guys here?"

"No," I lied then nodded, "Yeah I would like some help in here. She has a lot of shit."

He laughed, "Ok, Kara is doing the spare rooms and Jonathan is down in the office." He informed me then smiled, "I'm going to go get some boxes and trash bags," He made a face, "are you ok? You're jumpy."

"Im fine," I assured with a slight nod then watched my soon to be brother in law walk away. I made a face before I started to go through the closet, separating her clothes from her shoes, putting them in piles of shirts, jeans and dresses.

"Can I talk to you?" I heard Jonathan question.

I turned around to see him shutting the bedroom door with a box of trash bags and a few empty boxes he was gently kicking in. "Uh, sure." I nodded.

He looked over at the bed cautiously then sighed, "There are some things that I want to keep."

I frowned, "Ok?"

"And since London gave you and Kyle everything and nothing for me, I was wondering if I could keep them."

"Listen, Keep what you want, except for the cars, I dont think Kyle will be giving those away freely." I laughed nervously, "You really did love her, didnt you?"

He nodded as he walked over to her nighstand, "I did. Even after what she did to you and Kyle. Then what she did to me, I loved her. She had something about her that no matter what she did to me, I couldnt hate her."

I watched him, "I wish I could say the same."

He pulled a picture out of the nightstand, "I dont think you hate her." He mumbled, "if you hated her, you wouldnt be taking care of Daisy."

I frowned, "Daisy has nothing to do with it."

Jonathan smiled, "She does. And London left her to you and Kyle because she knew that you two would love her and raise her right."

"Well why didnt she leave her to you then?"

"Who are we kidding?" Jonathan laughed, "I think we all knew I wasnt the father. I wanted to believe I was, but London needed someone to lean on during her pregnancy, that person was me. I think London knew who Daisy's Father was but she didnt tell a soul. She was really changing her life around." He closed the nightstand door then sighed as he stared at the picture in his hands, "You hate what she did Chloe, we all do, but I dont think any of us actually hate her." He turned around to me, "When you and Kyle decide to tell Daisy about London, leave out the bad."

The bedroom door swung open and Kyle walked in with some baby clothes in his hands. He eyed Jonathan then myself before frowning, "Why was the door closed?" He asked awkwardly.

Jonathan shrugged, "I just needed to talk to Chloe," He informed Kyle before leaving, clutching onto the picture. Kyle frowned as he watched Jonathan leave the room before turning to me, "Are you two fighting?" He questioned then his face got serious, "He didnt try to put the moves on you, did he?"

"Kyle, it's Jonathan." I said like he was an idiot, "No, he didnt put the moves on me. He was just talking to me about keeping some of London's things and about how much he loved her."

Kyle nodded, "Listen," He put the clothes on the dresser before walking over to me, taking my face between his hands, "Maybe you and Daisy should go home. We can handle it here. You're obviously not ok with being here."

I looked up at my fiance then looked away, not moving my face out of his hands, "I never got to say goodbye," I whispered as I felt a few tears fall.

Kyle was quick to wipe them away, "I was wondering when this was going to hit you," he muttered then wrapped his arms around me.

"It's just not fair." I mumbled against his chest, "She was my best friend for so long, then we get into this huge fight. I thought I hated her, but I loved her, I just didnt like her at the moment. She was a bitch and I was hurt."

Kyle rested his head against mine, nodding slightly, "I know."

"Then she leaves us everything she owns, like she knew she was going to die. She trusted us with her child, how did she know we'd even take care of Daisy?"

"Because I think she felt the same way you did. You both still loved each other. I just didnt talk to her, I had closure, I did what I had to, to get over what she did to us and I moved on. You ranaway."

"I didnt runaway," I pushed him away before wiping my tears.

"Ok, you moved away to LA. You got new friends."

"Better friends," I muttered, loving my California friends more thanI could've ever loved any of my friends here, London including.

"better than me?"

I looked at Kyle and shook my head, "No, you're always going to be number one."

"Anyway Chloe, you moved, you never had closure. Even if you and London werent going to be friends again, you never sat her down and takled about it and when you tried you up and left her in the restaurant."

"She wanted you," I frowned.

"So what?" Kyle sighed, "I didnt want her. And you know, maybe it's a good thing London did what she did, otherwise we may have not known how much we really did love each other. AndI dont think it was me London wanted, she had her chance for so many years then suddenly when we got together she wanted me? I think she wanted what we had."

I looked at my fiance then inhaled deeply, "I miss her, it's just so weird to know that she isnt here anymore."

He nodded as he walked over to me, "You and Daisy should go home," He wiped away my tears, "Or go shopping, go look at houses, just get out of this house." He smiled, "Take some time to yourself, deal with this the way you need to and when you're ready call me."

"How about I go and Daisy stays with you."

"Ok," he smiled, "Take my truck." He grabbed his keys form his pocket then handed them to me, "Take as long as you need."

I kissed him gently before leaving the bedroom with his keys, not knowing where I'm going to go, but I just need to go. Maybe finally, I can get over this and move on with my life.

----------------------------

"Are we finally done?" Marc sighed.

I nodded as I looked at all the seal boxes, "Yeah, we're finally done." I frowned, "All of this is being donated to the shelter." I informed him, "Except for Daisy's things."

Marc looked around the dimly lit living roo, eyeing his girlfriend Kara who was sleeping soundly on the couch and Jonathan who was out cold on the other couch, "Where's your fiance?"

"I dont know." I answered truthfully, "I told her to leave this afternoon, she had a hard time being here. Hopefully this time alone will let her move on. She's been strong but I know when London died her world was flipped up side down."

"Yeah, she hasnt been herself since the accident. She just seems distant."

"That's why I told her to leave and get her head right. She needs to move on, and I think seeing all of London's things, really got to her."

"How are you?"

"How am I what?" I asked, "feeling about being here?"

"In general."

"I'm good. Just worried about Chloe. Right when she got over the divorce and we were working on our problems, this happens and sends her right back into her little world. She still talks to me, but I almost have to read between the lines to know what she's really feeling. We didnt talk for four days after London's death, the first time we talked was at the hospital when we decided to keep Daisy."

Marc made a face then nodded, "You'll get chloe back, give her time." He said simply then walked over to Kara, laying down next to her. I frowned then walked upstairs and into the nursery. Peeking into the crib I saw that Daisy was awake, just laying there quietly and upon seeing me she gave me a goofy grin.

"Hey you," I reached in, scooping her up, "Cant sleep?" I asked as I sat down in the rocking chair and cradled her, "neither can I," I caressed her face softly, "I'm worried about Mama, she hasnt called, I thought she would've been back before dark, or at least before midnight ."

Daisy stared up at me, studying me intently. I stared back at her with a gentle smile, "you're going to be a heartbreaker." I said randomly, "I can see it now. I may have to invest in getting a gun or two." I smirked, "keep those boys away."

I sighed as I rocked slowly, "Tomorrow you get to meet uncle Joel. He's quite the character, I'm sure you'll love him. And we get to meet Quinn and Stacie, Ma's friend Heather cant come over for a few more weeks but when she comes over I'm sure she'll be just a crazy as Mama, that's for sure."

Daisy continued to stare at me her eyes wide as if she was listening to me, and understanding me, and whos to say she doesnt understand? maybe she does. Maybe she can understand it all, but she just cant talk yet, or maybe she doesnt understand and she's trying to figure it all out. Infants are fascinating.

"She should be asleep," I heard Chloe say simply.

I looked up and smiled, "I think she was worried about you like me,"

She leaned against the doorframe and smiled, "I'm better."

"Where did you go?"

"London's grave," She answered.

"How did that turn out?"

"it was ... relaxing. I let go."

I smiled, "Good."

She smiled back, "Now, I'm ready to plan our wedding, raise our daughter and maybe make a few more babies along the way. What about you? Are you ready?"

I raised my eyebrow, "I'm ready for everything except Daisy hitting puberty in about tweleve or thirteen years."

She smiled, "It's gonna happen."

"I know it's gonna happen, doesnt mean I want it to happen. She'll grow boobs and perverted boys like myself will try to hit on her and some may reach that goal of theirs, and get into her panties."

"Well I can only hope she finds a boy like you," She said softly, "You were never a heartless jackass."

"That you know of," I mumbled.

"It's not in you Kyle."

I laughed softly then smiled as I stared at my fiance, "Are you truly ok?"

"Truly," She smiled, "I had my peace, now I'm ready to just move on. We have bigger things to worry about like, where are we going to live? Do we want to send Daisy to a public or private school? How many children do we want to have? Where are we going to take our honeymoon?"

I got up and put Daisy back in her crib before taking my fiance, "I love you," I said simply hugging her to me, "Things are going to work themselves out, I know it. We're going to be ok."

"I know," Chloe mumbled, "I know babe."

I closed my eyes, "Boo, I can hardly wait until you take my last name."

"Me either." Chloe whispered, "Soon Babe, very soon."

I hope she's right and I hope that we do get our happily ever after one day. But right now, I'll settle for the emotional roller coaster that we're on, it's not technically perfect, but it's perfect enough for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
... Not another word sweetheart, nothing is perfect but it has to be someday.