Maneuvers

Prom

Silently, I watched as Kyle walked into my room, dressed to impress. I smiled as I eyed him, "Lookin' good Burns,"

"Yeah?" He smirked in a cocky manner, "I'm pretty damn fly, arent I?" He asked, "I clean up well," He dusted his shoulders playfully then eyed me, "Well, if you're going in that, I need to arrive ahead of you, so I can beat the shit out of every guy there."

I looked down at my strapless bra and my panties, "Dont be stupid, Burns," I said simply before pointing to my dress hanging on the back of my door, "Like it?' I asked of the dress that I got yesterday in New York City with London.

He turned around and smiled, "It's beautiful," He paused, "How much did it cost?"

"It doesnt matter, Daddy payed for it," I smiled innocently then walked over to it and took it off the hanger then removed it from the plastic. Putting it on carefully, I had Kyle zip up the back of it for me. Once it was on securely, I turned around and Kyle admired me with his sky blue eyes, "I think you're pretty," He said immaturely.

"Well, thank you," I blushed, "I think you're pretty too,"

"Aw," He shrugged his shoulder as he smiled more, "really?"

I laughed at him then poked his belly, "I think you're silly," I added.

He made a face at me then he caressed my face, "You did your hair before you put your dress on?"

"I got my hair done about two hours ago at my hair dresser's," I pointed out, "I just need to do my make up,"

"You're making me late Chloe," He mumbled, "How am I supposed to get you there, make an appearance then get to my Dad's so we can fuck in private?"

I laughed at him, "You're not fucking anyone tonight," I made a bit of a face.

He frowned at me, "No, dont make that face, do you know it's been like two weeks since we've been together and we havent had sex once, but back when we were 'fuck buddies' we had sex like ... twice a week at least, and that's pretty good for not even being your boyfriend,"

"But Babe," I whined then made another face, and he made a face at me, "Ew, you're bleeding arent you?"

I nodded.

"God, Chloe ... ruin everything," He joked, then caressed my arm a bit, "Well, we can still make out, snuggle in bed and if you're feeling nice you'll blow me,"

"What is it with you lately?" I questioned him, "Why oral sex so much?"

He shrugged, "It's been a while," He confessed, "At least like, four months, maybe five, I cant remember,"

I stood up on my tippy toes and touched my lips to his. He smiled before kissing me more, "You should finish getting ready, London is going to completely flip out if she gets here and you're still not ready,"

"Do you know who her date is?" I mumbled against his soft lips.

"Nope, last time I heard it was that dude from the mall,"

"Jonathan," I informed my boyfriend.

He backed away from me then frowned, "Oh shit, are you serious?"

I nodded, "Yeah, pretty serious. I guess that day that we skipped school and went to the park, that she ran into him or something like that during lunch and they got to talking, exchanged numbers and I was on the phone with her that night after you left for like three hours as she rambled on about him and over in New York, he's all she talked about me, I mean, I didnt get to brag about us she was takling so much," I laughed.

He made a face, "Weird, I mean I just saw him earlier today and he didnt mention going with London," He paused, "Interesting,"

"I want more kisses," I stood on my tippy toes again and kissed him. He kissed back playfully then backed away, "Seriously, go finish getting ready I dont want to deal with London," He insisted.

London is one of our best friends, hell, she's like family but when she doesnt get her way, she gets pissy and violent. Once we were over at her house when her and her father had a fight she turned around and chucked a plastic bottled filled with iced tea at Kyle, giving him a black eye, she's intense.

I rolled my eyes then went into the bathroom. I quickly did my make up and finished getting ready before going back to my room and putting my heels on. Once I was completely finished, I went downstairs where Kyle had moved to, and was sitting on the couch talking with my youngest cousin, Alexis.

"Well, when I get big like Chloe, will you take me to my special dance?" She asked Kyle while climbing around on his lap.

Kyle laughed and nodded, "Of course," He agreed.

She finally sat still, facing him and she smiled, "You're really cute,"

"Aw, am I?"

She nodded, "Maybe Chloe can share you with me and you can take me to the park sometime,"

I smiled at the little seven year old and sighed giving she's had a crush on Kyle since she was like four, she loves him.

He laughed, "You know, I dont think Chloe will share me," He insisted, "But I will take you to the park sometime,"

She smiled a little, "Well, we dont have to tell Chloe," She whispered.

He leaned forward, "Alexis, you're too young for me," Kyle paused, "I'm seventeen, you're seven, it would never work,"

She made a face, "Well, you still think I'm pretty right?"

He smiled and nodded, "Prettiest seven year old I have ever laid eyes on, since chloe and I were seven,"

"Chloe is pretty huh?"

"She is," Kyle agreed.

Alexis sighed a little bit then leaned forward and kissed Kyle's cheek shyly before climbing off of his lap and walking away. I walked in all the way and smiled, "Cheating on me with a seven year old!?" I gasped.

He looked at me, 'Funny," He stood up to his feet then handed me my corsage he bought me, "Here, I wasnt sure what color your dress was going to be so the lady said that white would match just about anything,"

"Well, my dress is black," I laughed, "And this is beautiful, thank you, but you have to put it on me, it's a prom night rule."

"really?" He rolled his eyes playfully then took it from me and took it out of the box before slipping it onto my wrist, "There,"

I laughed then kissed him, "I like it, thank you,"

"For 70 bucks you better like it,"

I made my eyes wide, "You spent that much on this!?" I gasped.

He shrugged then smiled, "It's for you, hell I'll give you all of my money if you want it," He mumbled, "I'm whipped," He paused, "But lately I've been thinking, when has being whipped ever been a bad thing?" He smiled.

I smiled back, "You just want sex,"

"I'm a teenage guy, find a teenage guy who doesnt want sex, and I'll show you a flying pig,"

I looked at my wrist and sighed, "Kyle, really thank you,"

"Really, you're welcome," He pressed his lips to mine, giving me a passionate kiss. After pulling away, I wiped his lips with my thumb, "Lipgloss,"

He licked his lips, "Cherry," He smirked, "But I like the watermelon lipgloss better," He shrugged, "That's just me,"

I frowned at him then shook my head before turning around to see my Father standing there, smiling proudly, "Look at you Jitterbug,"

I smiled, "Yeah, look at me,"

"You put me in debt but you look beautiful," He joked.

"Oh Daddy," I rolled my eyes.

He hugged me tightly then smiled before looking over at kyle, "Well, are you two ready for pictures, the photographer has been outback setting up,"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Alright, let's get some pictures taken,"

Kyle and I walked to the backyard for pictures, after what seemed like forever Kyle and I managed to get out and away from the house when London came in the limo to pick us up. Inside was Jonathan, dressed to impress as well.

On our way to Dinner, giving our school is too cheap to provide us with a nice meal, I leaned against Kyle a little bit and he wrapped an arm around me lovingly and I smiled to myself knowing that this night will be a night that I'll always remember. Always.

---------------------

Slowly sitting up in my bed, I bit my lip a little not wanting to wake Chloe giving she just fell asleep. Climbing out of my bed, I covered her up a little more then kissed her forehead. The night was amazing, completely mind blowing, but it ended on somewhat of a bad note.

Towards the end of the dance, Chloe started getting some bad cramps, she took some advil but I guess it didnt work as well as she wanted it to, because once we got to my Dad's house, she quickly got out of her dress, took a steaming hot shower then dressed herself in some of my clothes before laying in bed on her side, with more cramps and a new headache.

This isnt unusual for her, as far as I know, she's always had some pretty bad cramps, I remember a few times that she just skipped school all together and laid in bed. All I can do, is just cuddle her, or leave her alone, whatever she wants I usually do and it's usually the leaving her alone choice, because she's a bitch when it comes to her time of the month, but tonight, she just wanted to be close to me, I wanted to be close to her.

Walking downstairs, I went into the kitchen and looked around, searching for food. Settling on Ice cream, I sat down at the table and ate the frozen treat quietly.

"What are you doing up?" I heard my Dad ask.

I looked up to see him walk in, "Oh, I couldnt sleep," I said truthfully, "I've been laying in there for trying to fall asleep, but I couldnt,"

He grabbed a bowl from the cabinet then went to the fridge, "I thought I'd be hearing not so welcoming sounds coming from your room tonight, you know Kyle, most guys get laid on their prom night,' He smirked.

I laughed, "I would've but Chloe is..."

"Oh," He nodded, "I see,"

"Yeah, so we just cuddled,"

"Periods suck,"

"I agree," I took another bite of my ice cream as I watched my father scoop plain yogurt in the bowl, "Dad, you havent said much about Chloe and I being together, what do you think of her?'

"Kyle, I love her, she's been like family since you two were tiny, it was only a matter of time," He insisted.

"That's what Mom said too,"

He shrugged as he grabbed the package of fresh strawberries, "Kyle, the tension between you and Chloe was horrible, you two were either going to end up together and madly in love, or complete enemies," He laughed, "I'm glad you fuond a good girl, chloe is wonderful,"

"She is," I agreed.

"But dont go off, marrying her too young, and makin' babies ... I dont want you to reget it five or ten years from now and have to put your kids through a divorce, like Mom and I did,"

"But you didnt have a messy divorce,"

"No, but it was still hard," He paused, "Harder on your sister I think, but it was still hard,"

I nodded a little then fell quiet. Quietly I heard shuffling of feet and I lifted my head to see Chloe squinting tiredly as she walked in, "What are you doing?" She asked tiredly.

"eating ice cream, want some?"

She looked at my Dad, "What are you doing?" She asked him.

"eating yogurt and fruit, want some?"

She made a face, "Dont you Burns' sleep?" She asked, "Or are you guys always hungry?"

My Father and I laughed then chloe walked over and sat next to me. I held up a bite of ice cream on the spoon and she took it before laying her ehad on my shoulder, "I got cold,"

"The AC turned on," My Father said, "It woke me up, that's why Im down here,"

"Oh," She whispered, "Well, I went to snuggle you and complain to you but you were gone, so I got up to find you,"

"Then complain?"

She nodded as she took the spoon away from me and got another bite before giving me the spoon back. After we were all done with everything we went back upstairs and my father turned out the lights as he followed suit.

Back in my room, and in my bed I held Chloe close with our legs tangled together, "I've been thinking Boo,"

"About what, babe?"

"About August," I whispered as I played with her, "We dont have to break up, I think we can handle a long distance relationship,"

"You think so?" She whispered back.

"Yeah, I think so," I nodded, "I mean, if you want to break up we can, but I think we'd do just fine. We'll still talk everyday, see each other on major holiday's. I may fly out for the weekend or something, or vice versa,"

She snuggled me, "I may get out there and see that I dont like it and move back home," She whispered, "So, do you really think we can make it?"

"It's worth a try, boo ... it really is,"

She moved around and lazily, her knee pressed against my 'package' I frowned as I reached down and move her leg, "Boo," I mumbled.

"Sorry," She whispered then lightly touched her lips to my neck, "Love you,"

"I love you, too," I replied as I rubbed her back.

"Lower," She demanded.

I moved my hand lower on her back and rubbed firmly. She nodded in approval, "Sing to me babe,"

"I dont sing, I'm a drummer," I joked.

"You sing good," She insisted in a slow manner and I knew she was just minutes, maybe even seconds away from sleep once again.

"No, Im tired, no singing tonight,'

"Fine," She muttered. She rubbed my side a little bit then before I knew it she was completely out of it once again. I stopped rubbing her back and went back to playing with her hair, running my fingers through it carelessly as I stared up at my ceiling with heavy eyes.

All I have now is one more week, then highschool is over and the summer rolls in. A week down in Galveston, another week out on our annual camping trip, probably more little road trips here and there, this is going to be the best summer, hands down, I can feel it already. It's going to be perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didnt want any promises, just my undivided honesty, and you say 'Oh, Oh, things are gonna change now, for the better,' ...