Maneuvers

Vacation?

Walking into work, I smiled softly at Kellie, "G'morning," I greeted.

"I thought you and Chloe were going to Galveston today?" She frowned.

"We are, but Mike wanted to talk to me. I got a call from him right when I was leaving the house," I shrugged slightly, "So, Chloe dropped me off, then went to the grocery store to pick up our deli sandwiches," I informed her then went in the back of the skate shop.

Once I was at my Boss's office door, I knocked on it, then pushed it open. "Kyle," My boss smiled happily.

"Hey," I smiled back then walked in all the way, before shutting the door behind me. He pointed to the chair, "Have a seat,"

I sat down and I felt nervous, not knowing why he called me in here. He sighed as he leaned back in his desk chair a bit before sitting back up, "Kyle, you've been working here for almost four years,"

"Yes, sir."

He reached into his desk then handed me the store keys. I looked at them but said nothing, waiting for him to say something to me.

"I'm promoting you," He smiled, "Manager Kyle Burns,"

I dropped my jaw like he was crazy, "Really?"

"Really. You know this store better than anyone, better than myself. So why not make you Manager? You'll have more responsibility on your shoulders, but it's nothing that I dont think you can handle," He paused, "Now I know you took the next two weeks off and that you're going to Galveston, but."

I frowned, "I cant stay and ditch the trip," I said firmly

"I wasnt going to tell you to not take your trip," He laughed, "I know that you've been looking forward to going down there with your girlfriend for a while. But, that week you took off at the end of next month, I need you to change,"

I frowned again, "Really?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I'm hiring three new kids, Kellie is training one, you're training the other two. I need you here,"

I rubbed the back of my neck then nodded, "Ok," I mumbled, "Thank you for this, it means alot,"

He smiled, "You're welcome." He paused, "You do know you get a raise now, too, right?"

I nodded alittle, "Sure,"

"What are you making now?"

"11.50 an hour," I said softly.

"You'll be making 15.50," He informed me then smiled again.

I smiled, "Awesome," I nodded, "I can use the money,"

He pointed to the door, "go on and get outta here, have fun," He insisted.

"Thank you," I grabbed the store keys then left his office. Walking back out into the store, Kellie looked at me, "Was it bad?"

"I'm your boss," I taunted, 'I have the authority to fire you,"

"He made you manager!?"S he gasped happily.

I nodded with a laughed, "Yeah, New Manager."

She ran around the counter and threw her arms around me tightly, "Ah! This is a cause for celebration!"

"When I get back, I have plans," I smiled then backed away from her, "I'll see you when I get back," I said simply then left the store. On the way out of the mall, I met up with Chloe who was on her way to see if I was still in the store.

"So, Babe?" She asked, "Was it bad?"

Shaking my head, I took my car keys from my girlfriend, "Nah, I got promoted to Manager," I informed her simply.

"No shit?"

"Yeah, Mike made me Manager,"

"Like, top Manager, or just assistant manager?"

"Kellie is the assistant manager," I informed chloe, "I'm the top manager, the only person above me now is Mike. I run the store. But we have to cancel or move our camping trip,"

Chloe cocked her head to the side with a frown, "Kyle---"

I put my finger over her lips, "Can we not fight about this now. Can we wait until we get back from Galveston to get into this? I dont like it anymore than you do, but you know what, I'm not moving to LA like you are, I need to keep all of my options open, and being the Manager to the Skate Shop is better than flipping burgers at some fast food joint. Plus, I'm getting a raise, I need the money, you know I do."

She completely stopped walking, "Are you hinting to me that you think I'm running away from texas?" She frowned.

I sighed, "No,"

"Then why say it like that?" She backed away from me slightly.

"Chloe not now, please,"

"No, you started it. Tell me Kyle, are you upset with me Moving to LA to further my education and possibly have a decent life?" She frowned, "Are you mad because I'm not going to the local Community College with you, and working at the skate shop with you?"

I went to talk then she frowned evilly, "You know what, I dont think I want to go to Galveston anymore. But it's paid for, so while you're down there alone, maybe you should think about if staying with me is what you truly want. I mean, since I'm such a selfish bitch and all."

"Chloe I didnt say that," I snapped back in a hushed tone, giving we're still in the mall.

She threw her hand up towards my face then walked away, pulling her cell phone out, probably calling London to come and get her. I clenched my jaw and just as I went to go after her, I felt a caring hand on my shoulder, "what was that?" I heard Kellie ask.

I turned around to see my co-worker and friend standing there with a concerned look on her face, "Nothing," I mumbled as I looked back towards Chloe, "Just a little fight, nothing Major, she just needs space, but while she's taking that space, I'll be in Galveston alone," I looked back at Kellie and forced a smile, "Fun, huh?"

She shrugged then stared at me for a moment, "I'm off, I only worked a half shift for Johnny," She mumbled of one of the other guys who work there, "I was forced to take a vacation too ... if you want Company," She paused, "I lived down there for over half of my life, I could show you most things that tourists dont know. Strictly friends, I know how much you love Chloe, but then again I dont think you should go down there alone."

I felt my stomach flop then I lifted my blue eyes in the direction Chloe walked off in, and she was no where to be found. I inhaled deeply then nodded, "Ok,' I agreed softly, "How fast can you get ready?"

"Follow me to my place, and I'll pack my bag really fast. Forty minutes at most,"

"Lead the way," I smiled.

She laughed then started to walk, "We'll have a bunch of fun. Promise." She glanced over at me and gave me a beautiful, yet flirty smile. I smiled back as we walked out of the mall and towards the parking lot.

Glancing to my left, I saw Chloewith her back towards me, on her phone, yapping away and her free hand waving around in the air, she was pissed. I lowered my head a bit then sighed, this is it, our first fight. I dont know if we'll make it through.

-------------------------------

Knocking on Kyle's front door, I inhaled deeply knowing he isnt here. The door opened and his Mother came face to face with me, "Chloe, arent you supposed to be with Kyle?" She asked.

"We got in a fight," I whispered, "Can I stay the night here, My cousin is having a sleep over and there's four more girls in my room that are not family---"

"Of course," She stepped aside, "You know you're always welcome here,"

I walked in, "Thank you," I mumbled then pointed towards the stairs, "I'm just going to go up to his room," I insisted then walked up the stairs. I could feel her eyes on me, but she said nothing. Once in Kyle's room, I flopped on his bed and hugged his pillow to my chest before silently starting to cry.

I admit it, I was a bit of a bitch at the Mall this morning, but I didnt actually think that he'd go to Galveston without me. I thought he would let me cool off then come back and try to work things out, but he really did leave.

Grabbing my cell phone, I dialed his phone then waited as I listened to it ring.

"Kyle's phone, this is mistress Kellie, Kyle cant come to the phone right now, because his tongues a little busy!" I heard Kellie laugh into the phone.

I dropped my jaw with shock, "No no no," I heard Kyle snap, "Kellie, no give it here, it's Chloe," He sounded worried, "Boo?" He asked into the phone, "Chloe?"

I felt my tears fall faster.

Kyle sighed then became extremely silent for a good minute or so, "Chloe?" He whispered again.

"I hate you," I muttered, "I hate you Burns," I said a little louder.

"Boo, please," He begged.

"No," I shook my head, "I hope she makes you happier than I make you," I muttered, "Maybe we werent meant to be,"

"Boo, let me explain,'

"No." I shook my head, "good bye, Kyle." I hung up then turned my phone off. I was speechless, nothing came to mind to say. Laying down all the way in his bed, I closed my eyes and cried, my anger has long subsided, for the last few hours it's been sadness, now its depression. He warned me, he told me not to push it this morning, but I did, I didnt listen and now look, he's in Galveston with Kellie, on what was supposed to be our well deserved vacation and his graduation present for himself and I.

Maybe it was me who fucked this up. Maybe I'm the one to blame, but whoever is at fault, he should've had tha balls to call and tell me he was taking Kellie, instead of sneaking around, that isnt right at all.

Looking at the picture of myself that sat in a frame on his nightstand, I growled before grabbing it and throwing it as hard as I could before getting out of bed, grabbing my things and leaving his room, and his house without a single word said to anyone. If he wants to play dirty, then so be it, I can play dirty too. That is the last time that Kyle Burns ever cheats on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Take this advice, live by every word, Love is just a hoax so forget anything that you have heard ...