Maneuvers

I'm No Cheater

Pulling up to Kellie's house, I parked but didnt turn the car off, "Need help with your bags?" I whispered softly.

She shook her head, "I got it," She looked over at me, "Kyle, I'm really sorry. I wasnt even thinking, I didnt think that Chloe would jump to conclusions,"

"Dont worry about it, ok?" I smiled a little, "Thanks for trying to show me a good time," I shrugged a little, "If it's worth anything, I did have a little fun,"

She smiled, "I hope you and Chloe can work things out?"

I nodded, "Me too," I forced another smile, "See you later, ok?"

"Alright," She got out of my car, grabbed her things from the trunk then shut it. I waited until she was up her walk way and in her house before driving away. It's something that I do with everyone I drop off at their houses, because I'm afraid if I drop them off, and just drive away, something terrible could happen. It started with just Chloe and London, but then it became habit.

Loudly, my phone as I came up to a stop sign. Grabbing it, I flipped it open and sighed, "Hello?"

"Wanna talk about it?" London said simply, without a greeting.

"What's there to talk about?" I mumbled.

"A lot. Wanna meet me somewhere and talk about it?"

"Cant I just come over?"

"No, Chloe is here and she doesnt want to even hear your name right now. She's pretty pissed still, so I'll meet you at Ben's in ten minutes?" She spoke of the pizza place. I frowned slightly, when there's always something wrong in her life or if she wants to talk, and it be somewhat on the serious side, we always meet at Ben's. Always.

"Yeah, ben's."

"Ok, see you then,"

"later," I hung up and tossed my phone in the passenger seat.

Last nights late night phone call was hell. It happened at the wrong time. Kellie and I had been drinking, just having a good time because we went over to her Brother's house and we barbequed. Kellie had a little too much and when I was in the kitchen with her Brother's wife, helping clean up the mess, my phone rang, Kellie answered it and shit went bad.

I wasnt cheating, I had no intentions on cheating. Everyone knows that I think Chloe is the one for me. I have loved her for what seems like forever. She has me wrapped around her finger. I shouldnt have even gone down there to begin with, I should've just went after Chloe, no matter how many times she yelled at me, but I couldnt I guess. It was our first fight, and as much as it hurt me to have it happen, I was glad it was happening, we were bound to fight sooner or later. I just didnt think it would explode into such a hurricane.

Not only did I lose the love of my life, she thinks I went down there and fucked Kellie. Truth be told, I havent sexually touched another girl since Chloe and I started to 'fool around' back when she was still with Jared.

Finally pulling into Ben's parking lot, I saw that London's car was already there. Frowning, I parked and got out. Walking into the place I spotted London in her usually corner booth. Sitting down across from her, she made a somewhat sad face, "I already ordered, where were you, you're house is only like five minutes away,"

"I was over dropping Kellie off,"

She nodded a little, "Oh,"

"Yeah,"

"Anyway, I ordered our usual, but only smaller, because Chloe and Jonathan arent here," She spoke of our significant others.

"Alright," I rubbed my face tiredly.

"When you and Chloe decided to get together, I made myself a promise that I would stay out of these relationship fights because you two are both my best friends, and I love you two equally. I was going to stay completely out of it, but when Chloe came over, crying and totally freaking out, telling me you had went down to Galveston without her and fucked kellie, I was shocked and I butted in,"

I just shrugged,

"Kyle, listen to me. I know you love her, I know you didnt cheat on her. Because you wouldnt do that, I dont care how shitfaced you were or whatever, I know you would never cheat on Chloe, and if you did slip up, it wouldnt lead to sex. But going down to Galveston instead of staying around here and talking things out with her was wrong,"

"I know this London, tell me something I dont know,"

She looked down into her drink, "Chloe is with Jared,"

"What!?" I wailed out of shock, "I thought that bastard was on some island with a bimbo!?"

"He came back about a week ago. His cousin is in the hospital," She paused, "He's taking advantage of your screw up and you know how Chloe. She gets mad and she doesnt think about anything, or the long term effect of things, she just wants to get her mind off of things." She looked up at me, "He's talking about taking her to Paris for the summer,"

I clenched my jaw and shook my head before I felt tears start to sting my eyes. London made another sad face, "Kyle, go say you're sorry, let her know nothing happened and that you love her, but dont pressure her, let her come back to you. Give her, her space." She paused, "And if going to Paris with Jared makes her see that what happened was a mistake and that she does still want you, then that's what it takes. You and I both know how Chloe is, you more than anyone else, you know things about her that I dont even know. You have to apologize then give her space."

I looked away as I wiped away my tears that were falling against my will. I grabbed my keys then stood up, leaving without a single word.

"Kyle," London sighed but didnt come after me. Getting in my car, I found myseld speeding to London's place. I cant just apologize and sit around and wait like London told me to, that would be insane. What if she went, and she decides that being with me wasnt enough and that Jared was better for her?

At London's, I walked in without a knock then went straight to the living room. Once there I saw Chloe asleep in Jared arms, and Jared watching TV silently. I glared at him, "Let her go, I need to talk to her,"

Jared just looked up at me but said nothing at all. I frowned again, "Let her go,' I snapped.

He shook his head, "You fucked up,"

I walked over and shook Chloe, "Chloe, wake up I need to talk to you," I said simply, still shaking her awake.

She sat up all the way and inhaled deeply before looking at me. I frowned then backed away a little bit before pointing out back, "Can we talk?"

She stood up slowly then followed me outback without a word. Once we were outback with the door shut, I turned towards her, "I know you're angry, you have every right to be angry with the fact that I have to cancel or move the camping trip, and that I went to Galveston without. But I did not touch Kellie, she was drunk when she answered the phone, I was in the Kitchen helping her sister in Law clean up the mess from dinner. When we got there, she decided that she would crash at herbrothers place and I would just stay in the hotel. I'm sorry, I apologize for leaving like I did and taking Kellie, but I didnt cheat. So you can be mad at me for leaving, and cancelling set plans, but not cheating. I would never do that and you know it, Chloe."

She frowned, "You should've never even considered taking Kellie down there on OUR vacation. Never," She growled.

"I know that, and I apologize."

She eyed me but said nothing before looking back in there at Jared.

"Why dont you trust me?" I whispered simply.

She turned to me, "What?"

"why dont you trust me?" I asked softly, "Was is because we were fighting, or did you truly think I would do something like that?" I paused, "Tell me why,"

"I dont know. I honestly dont." She frowned, 'Insecurities,"

I pointed in towards Jared, "He treated you like shit, and the first time I slip up, you dont give me a chance to explain myself, and you run to him for comfort. Yet when he screwed you over, you would believe anything and everything that came out of his throat, and you wouldnt dare run to another guy, not even me, you ran to London or you kept to yourself. Chloe, how is this fair?"

She frowned again, "What do you want me to say Kyle? That I fucked up too!?"

"Yes! That's exactly what I want. I want you to see that you ... YOU jumped the gun. I made a fucking mistake, but I didnt cheat! I never had any intentions on cheating! I love you Chloe, I dont know what you want me to do to show that to you. Move to fucking LA with you, drop down on one knee and make you my wife if you'd have me? what do you want Chloe!? Because obviously what I have been doing isnt enough for you."

She looked back at Jared then looked over at me, "I love you Burns, you know I do,"

I just nodded.

"You broke my heart. Its not about the fight, or thinking that you cheated, it's just the fact that you took another girl on our trip. I feel betrayed almost. Like, I felt that Galveston was going to be OUR place, but now, it wont feel the same, I dont care how beautiful it is. I dont even wanna go down there anymore. Just because you didnt cheat, doesnt mean that I didnt think about it, and picture the two of you in my head. It felt like I was replacable and that hurt me more than anything."

I nodded then pointed towards jared, "How do you think I feel?"

She inched towards me, "You didnt touch kellie?"

"nope," I whispered.

"Why did you go?"

"LIke you said, it was paid for. If I wouldnt have gone, it would've been a waste of money."

"Like now?"

I nodded, "Yeah, but I need to get my girlfriend back, so it doesnt matter." I closed the gap between us, wrapping my arms around her slowly, "I messed up, I'm sorry. I love you and I dont want to lose you. I have some saved up money, pick a place and let's go, anywhere in the world, and we'll go, and we'll make it our place, ok?"

She laid her head against my chest, "I called Jared because I was mad and I didnt know what to do, I wanted revenge. it was wrong, I'm sorry too,"

I lifted her head and pressed my lips to hers, kissing her deeply. Pulling back from the kiss, she hugged me again. I held her close, "Where do you want to go, I'll have it book in no time and we'll be on the next flight out,"

She snuggled into me, "Cant we make up tonight and leave tomorrow?"

"Of course," I rubbed the back of her head, "Where do you want to go?" I whispered again.

She looked up at me and smiled, "Somewhere romantic,"

"Ok? Where would that be?"

"Let's think about it," She hugged me tighter, "Go get rid of Jared and take me to your house, I have a mess I need to clean up."

"A mess?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I threw the picture of myself against the wall, there's glass everywhere."

"Boo," I sighed as I backed away and kissed her nose, "I gotta go get rid of that guy." I mumbled then walked in, "You can leave now," I said simply.

He stood up, 'I dont nkow what you said to her, but it's only a matter of time before you fuck up again and she wont take you back," He spat then left in a hurried manner.

I shook my head then turned around to see Chloe walking in, "tkae me back?"

"Of course. Do you take me back?"

"Yeah," She hugged me again, "I missed my babe,"

"I know. I missed you too, boo."

She backed away and took my hand, "Ok, lets go clean up glass." She said simply then started to lead me away towards the door. The fight may be over, but things are far from 'better'.
♠ ♠ ♠
When I'm with you, I'll make every second count 'cause I miss you.