License to Love

Fights

TWO DAYS LATER.

‘’I don’t fucking care, Mae!’’ I screamed, throwing her bag at her. ‘’That doesn’t give you the right to spread a rumour that I screwed Aaron! Because I fucking didn’t!’’
She dropped her bag, and shook her head. ‘’I FUCKING DIDN’T! THAT’S WHAT I WAS TOLD! SOMEONE SAW YOU GO UP INTO MY ROOM AND SHUT THE DOOR AND THEY PRESUMED YOU WERE FUCKING!’’

I frowned, and gave her the middle finger salute. ‘’Real mature. Just pass on the rumours you hear about your NOW EX best friend!’’
Not bothering to wait for her answer, I picked up my bag and stormed off. I didn’t know where I was going to go, or who I wanted to go to. I didn’t particularly care. As long as I was away from that backstabber.

**

I slammed my phone shut, and threw it across the room. Gerard raised his eyebrow in curiosity, as I sighed and placed my head on my knees.
‘’Why’d you do that?’’ He asked.
‘’I don’t want to hear from the fucking bitch,’’ I grumbled, making an effort not to scream.
‘’Please explain.’’

It took me about fifteen minutes to tell him the whole story. I was now sitting next to him, my head buried in his jacket. My tears were soaking through his shirt, and he was stroking my hair.
‘’I… Everybody thinks I’m a slut now. All the popular girls think I was trying to get him into bed so I could be some slutty cheerleader like them. Like I was using him for popularity,’’ I sobbed, feeling Gerard’s arms to tense around me.
‘’Well, you aren’t like them. You won’t ever be. You have personality. Whereas their personalities are almost as small as their skirts.’’
‘’T-t-thank you, Gerard. I appreciate it.’’ I mumbled.
‘’It’s fine. Just being a good friend,’’ He replied.
A good friend… Well, sorry, I want more than that.

I pulled away, and looked up into his hazel eyes. They were soft and full of compassion. I didn’t want to look away.
And I didn’t, as I reached up, pushing my lips up against his.
He didn’t pull away, surprisingly, and he kissed back slowly. His lips were as full of empathy; just like his eyes had been.

I pulled away, and wiped my lips with my finger.
‘’I’m s-s-sorry, Gerard. I… I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry, really,’’ I stuttered, pulling away and mentally slapping myself.
‘’No, no it’s… I shouldn’t of kissed ba-‘’

‘’Ooh! So you two ARE together!’’ Charlie’s voice was loud and echoed throughout the room as he pulled upon the door and smirked. ‘’I knew it!’’