License to Love

Girls Night Out

‘’What happens if he doesn’t keep his promise?’’ Gerard asked quickly, as soon as he heard the door shut.
‘’Don’t be an idiot. He will!’’ I exclaimed, kissing his cheek and walking into the bedroom.
What if he doesn’t?

Shaking the thought from my head, I sat on the bed and pulled my phone out from my pocket. Maybe Mae wanted to do something tonight…
I decided to send her a text, asking her to the movies tonight.
Hi Maebby,
U wanna come 2 da movies 2nite? 7pm?
xo


I put the phone on the nightstand, and wandered out into the lounge room again.
‘’Where’d you go, sugar?’’ Gerard asked, kissing my forehead as I sat down next to him again.
‘’Just went to text Mae. I asked her to the movies. I’ve been a little weird lately according to Renee, so I guess I should start hanging out with them more,’’ I explained.

**

We bought our tickets, and walked into the movie theatre. It was pretty much empty except for the small family sitting down the front, so Mae and I sat up the back. We decided to see Space Chimps, despite the fact the movie is for little kids.

As I chewed on some popcorn, I looked over at Mae. She looked back at me, looking somewhat confused. So far it was awkward, and we hadn’t talked much.

‘’Renee told me about your Mum kicking you out, the crazy bitch,’’ She whispered, trying not to upset the few people now in the cinema.
‘’Yeah… I haven’t spoken to her since. I’ve seen Charlie once, though,’’ I stated.
‘’Who are you staying with now? You can always come to stay with me, you know. I really wouldn’t mind.’’
‘’Uh… Just an old friend, y’know,’’ I replied, trying my hardest to make the lie believable.
‘’Ah, kay.’’

**

‘’Yuck, are you serious? Jonathon Perry is gross!’’ I exclaimed, playfully shoving Mae as we walked to her car.
‘’Hey, he isn’t that bad! He surfs, too!’’ She retorted in his defence.
‘’Yeah, but I’m surprised you can even see what his face looks like! His head is so far up his ass!’’ I giggled, dodging the left-over popcorn Mae threw at me.
‘’Well Dylan West is a complete eyesore!’’ Mae shrieked, pretending to claw her eyes out.
‘’Shut up! We only went out for two months, and that was back in year six!’’ I muttered, frowning.

I had to admit, I missed this. Lately I had spent way too much time at home with Gerard. I promised myself I’d go to school on Monday. Finally Mae and I reached her car, and we climbed in, and began to blast Taking Back Sunday as loud as we could.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = love.
the end is near, my children.
only a few chapters left.