License to Love

As Cruel As Schoolkids

‘’Oh… Um…. Oh, okay…’’ He mumbled, quickly turning to walk away.

I mentally slapped myself on the forehead, and turned around to walk back to my friends.
There was Lilly, Mae, Bec and Renee.

Lilly was probably the intelligent, optimistic one of the group. If we ever needed help, we’d go to her. They boys would always drool over her, but she always claimed not to notice. But come on! With her tan skin, thick black hair and hazel eyes, I don’t know how she didn’t notice.

Mae was the funny, not-so-serious one. She’d crack jokes every opportunity she got, and would make up the funniest speeches for class. Mae had been suspended twice for various types of pranks, and half of the calls she made were prank calls. Her smile was big, and her short, brown hair sat on her shoulders.

Bec was the quiet. She could sing really well, and the songs she wrote were really beautiful. She rarely said anything to anyone but the kids in our group, and was incredibly self-conscious. Bec also had one of the most beautiful smile ever, accompanied by grey eyes and light blonde hair.

Last but not least, Renee was the smiley, outgoing one. She loved making friends, and was possibly the most kind, nice girl I’d ever met. She loved to baby-sit, and was always hanging around with her little cousins. Her eyes were a deep blue, and her long, red hair came down to about her elbows.

‘’What did he want?’’ Lilly asked, moving her bag over so I could sit next to her on the concrete.
‘’Um… he asked me out,’’ I replied.
‘’And what did you say? PLEASE tell me you said no! You’d have ranga babies!’’ Squealed Mae, pretending to vomit.
Renee glared at Mae, pointing to her beautiful hair, and giving her the middle-finger salute.
‘’I said no… he just… isn’t… I don’t know, he just isn’t the type of guy for me,’’ I explained, fiddling with my bag.
‘’I hope you rejected him kindly, Ari. You know he is really sensitive,’’ Whispered Bec, her hair falling over her eyes.
‘’Don’t worry, I did.’’