License to Love

Creep

Gerard’s car came into view, and I smiled, rather relieved. It was hard to see, as it was black and blended into the night, but I knew it was there. However, the car was still moving slowly behind me, and I couldn’t walk any faster without falling on my face. I turned my head around, and noticed the car had stopped.
Then the driver got out, and I had to squint to realize who it was.

Aaron.

‘’Hey there Arianna,’’ He said, his words still rather slurred.
‘’W-w-what do you want?’’ I stuttered, turning around.
‘’Get in the car please,’’ He replied.
‘’N-n-n-no,’’ I said, making an attempt to walk a little faster.
‘’Yes.’’
I began to run, pumping my legs as fast as they’d allow me. I tripped and stumbled over a few sticks, but I was so scared I picked myself up mechanically and started to run again.

I heard his footsteps match mine, which meant he was running too. I didn’t want to look behind me; I didn’t want to know how close he was to getting me. But I knew he’d be close. Considering we were both drunk and couldn’t walk in a straight line, he’d be at the same speed as I was.

Deciding to take my eyes off my feet, I looked up to see Gerard’s car about twenty metres away.
‘’Gerard!’’ I screamed, ‘’Gerard! Help!’’

The car door opened quickly, and Gerard then stood in front of the car.
‘’Ari!’’ He yelled, his eyes darting to the guy behind me, ‘’Quick!’’
Gerard began to run at me, and I slowed down a little.
But when he was by my side, he didn’t stop. He kept running at Aaron.

‘’Leave her the fuck alone!’’ He yelled, punching him in the jaw.
‘’Sorry mate, are you his girl fri-‘’ Aaron retorted, but was interrupted.
‘’FUCK OFF!’’ Growled Gerard, grabbing his shirt collar, then pushing him onto the ground.

It didn’t take long for Aaron to scurry off, so Gerard and I made our way back to the car.
‘’What happened?’’ He asked softly, as I climbed into the passenger seat. He shoved the keys in the ignition, and started the car. He didn’t drive, though. But he put the heater on; he obviously noticed how pale I was.

‘’He… I don’t knooooow, I was walking and then I turnedddd around and he was in hiss c-c-caar, and then he got outtt and asked me to get in his caaar, and I said no so I started runnninggg and he chased mee,’’ I explained. I highly doubted he could understand what I was trying to say, but at least he knew I was off my face.

‘’Oh. Well, you’re safe now,’’ He said, hugging me. ‘’I’ll take you back to my place and get you a bucket and some food. Your parents called to say that they were going to stay in a hotel tonight or something. Probably because they got drunk. Speaking of which, do your parents let you drink?’’

‘’N-n-nooot usually, no. Buuut don’tt tell them pleeeease,’’ I begged, ‘’They’d send me to boooarding school.’’
‘Don’t worry, I won’t.’'
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please.