License to Love

Comfort

I leaned over the bucket, spluttering and vomiting. I was balling my eyes out. I felt so sick. But I had no-one to blame but myself for chugging down all that alcohol.

‘’Shh,’’ Gerard whispered, holding back my hair. ‘’Don’t cry. Everything is okay.’’
I gagged one last time, and put my head up, wiping my mouth.
‘’I’ll get you a new shirt. And I’ll get you a towel or something you can wipe your face off with,’’ He said softly, leaving the room.

I lay down on his bed, gazing up at the ceiling. This is the place I wanted to be. But I wanted to be here with him. Right by his side; so close I could hear his heart beat.

**

‘’Yeah, they were both fine. Um, Ari is asleep in her room at the moment. She was really tired after doing all that English homework,’’ Gerard said.

I sat up slowly, listening to the conversation between my parents and Gerard. I had arrived home a few minutes ago with Gerard, after vomiting my lungs up and changing into one of his shirts. He said I could keep the shirt until I saw him next. But I never wanted to give it back.

‘’Ok. Well, we’ll see you next time then, Gerard,’’ Mum replied.
Gerard echoed her farewell, and the front door shut.

Then a line of light appeared in my room, and I saw the door open.
‘’Hey, Ari.’’ It was Charlie.
‘’H-h-hey, Charlie. I’m nottt really in the mood to talk. I’m s-s-sorta a little tipsy,’’ I explained.
‘’A little?! Ari, you can hardly sit up without swaying!’’ He replied.
I didn’t notice it before, but when I tried to concentrate, I realized I was swaying slowly from left to right.

‘’Well… I’ll let you rest,’’ He whispered. Then he left my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a small update for the moment.
:]