Status: Completed.

Blue Blood; Red Hands

x Chapter Twelve x Daddy?

Image

As they ran through the forest, Kitty looked back and immediately recognized the face of her father. She stopped, lost her balance and fell off of the tree she was on. "Kitty ,are you okay?" Leeto cried and jumped down next to her, the dogs in suit. Kitty stood up. "Listen, Leeto, go. I'll wake Shikamaru and send him after you guys but I can't go with you. There is something I have to do." Kitty said and ran back to the podium.

Leeto looked up to see the same sight that Kitty did. orochi Maru, dressed in the Kazekage's robe still, was standing directly across from the Hokage. Leeto understood. "Come on, guys." she said to Pakon and Axel and heading off in search for Gaara.

Kitty ran through the hole in the wall and poked Shikamaru. "Wake up!" she cried. Shikamaru twitched and Kitty knew he wasn't asleep. Frustrated, Kitty kicked him in the head. "Up!" she ordered. He rubbed his head. "You know, there are nicer ways to wake a person." he said. "You didn't have to kick me."

"You should have offered to help out in the first place! Shika, just go after Leeto. You guys need to control Gaara and get Sasuke back. I can't-" she said and gestured to her father. "-because Padre here wants to start chaos, apparently. Now, go!" she cried and jumped up to the four people holding the chakra shield. Shikamaru watched one of the men thrown off the top and the shield fell. Then, reluctantly, he chased after Leeto.

"Daddy!" Kitty cried as the other three people were about to attack. "Don't!" he hissed at them. Confused, they stayed in there positions. The Hokage watched as Kitty ran to the arms of her father. He was baffled. "I am so glad you are here." Orochi Maru said into his daughters dark hair.

"Daddy, what's going on?" she asked him, he violet eyes squinted in confusion. "Dear, I am winning us the Leaf Village! When I am in power, we can live here peaceful land you will not be in danger." he said. Her eyes went wide. "B-By killing the Hokage?" she asked, her voice shaky.

He nodded. "There are a few other reasons why I would like to kill him but, nonetheless, it ends the same. This town's beloved Hokage will die." he replied, keeping a close eye on the Hokage so he wouldn't escape. "But-" Kitty began. "The Hokage is a good person! You only kill bad people. I am sure we could work something out. You haven't done anything wrong. Why can't you jsut live here with us in peace? Why do you have to kill him?" she asked. She didn't understand. Her father was acting strangely. Had he changed so much over the years?

"Kitty, you are wrong." the Hokage said. Orochi Maru hissed. "Don't-" he began, threatening the old man.

"Your father may love you but he is an awful person. He's killed many innocent people and needs to be punished for his crimes. He couldn't live here with-" the Hokage began. "Exactly! He's backed me into a corner! I couldn't live here in peace because they won't let me. The only choice I have is to kill them so I can provide a home for you." Orochi Maru interrupted. He looked at his daughter. "You can help me kill him."

Kitty's jaw dropped. "Both of you are wrong." she said. She turned to her father. "I can't let you kill him." she stated. She took a deep breath and prepared to do the most painful thing she'd ever endured in her short life. She got into battle position and said, "You'll have to kill me first." to her father. She was prepared to kill her father.

His eyes were wide in panic. "This wasn't supposed to happen!" he screamed. Then, he sent a glare to his daughter. "I will be back. And I will kill you all." he hissed. "But daddy-" Kitty cried, tears forming in her violet eyes. He turned to her sharply. "I am not your "daddy". I disown you." he growled and jumped away, calling his men.

Kitty fell to her knees and cried. Her father was a terrible man but he was still her father and, now, he hated her. She felt ashamed. Is wrong or right based on morals? Or is it based on blood? (Blood meaning family. I thought I should explain so no one is confused. O.O)