Teardrops on My Guitar

Teardrops On My Guitar

Drew looks at me,
I fake a smile so he won't see,
What I want and I'm needing
Everything that we should be.


"So are you going to the dance with anyone?" My best friend Drew asks.

I got a bit excited. Maybe he was finally going to aske me. "No, why?" I asked hopefully.

"Nothing. Just asking"

"Oh." I flashed a fake smile at him though inside, it felt like my heart was ripping apart at the seams.

"Well see you later, Miranda." Drew said and walked away. I stared a bit at his back before going the opposite direction to Calc. As I walked I thought about how much I really like Drew. If we were together, I would feel complete.

Time Elapse to Lunch

I'll bet she's beautiful,
That girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I'll have to live without.


"So I met this girl and she's so amazing." Drew says to me and I only smile and nod.
This girl must be amazing and wonderful and beautiful because she got Drew's attention.
She has everything I have to live without.

Drew talks to me,
I laugh cause it's just so funny
I can't even see
Anyone when he's with me.


Drew keeps talking to me as we both walk over to the trash can to dump our lunch in.
But I don't notice where I'm going because I'm listening to his beautiful voice and I accidently crash into someone spilling the uneaten ravioli over their shirt.

Suddenly I start laughing because I didn't even realize what planet I'm on when I'm around Drew. He looks at me like I'm slightly insane.

He puts his arms around me and says "Miranda you are one crazy girl."
I laugh.

He says he's so in love,
He's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night.


After that incident, Drew and I both walk to Biology where he talks to me about that girl.

"I feel like I'm so in love with that girl, have you ever felt like that Miranda?"

I smile wistfully and say "Yeah, actually I do."

"Oh, Miranda, I have finally got it right. She's my soulmate, I just know it!" Drew says and we both arrive to class.
I wish I could tell him that I felt that way about him.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.


Someday I wish Drew could be mine and not whatever girls. He's the only reason I still wish on stars. And every pathetic love song out there reminds me of him.

Drew walks by me,
Can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes,
So perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be.


Whenever Drew walks by me, my breath always seems to get caught in my chest. And he's so perfect, I wish I could be that perfect like him. He's so flawless.

She'd better hold him tight,
Give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes
And know she's lucky cause...


That girl that he likes better treat him right and give him all her love. She better know she's lucky to have him, and stare into his beautiful eyes and tell him she love him.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.


Drew sometimes makes me cry, because I know I'll never have him at all. He's the reason for wishing on endless stars and every freaking love song out there.

Time Lapse to Home

So I drive home alone,
As I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight.


I turn off the light and pull the warm covers over me. I keep trying to get the image of my Drew out of my mind but he's always there. I try to get some sleep but keep tossing and turning. The wind seems to whisper Drew's name like some kind of incantation.
Drew, Drew, Drew.

'Cuz He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
He's the time taken up,
But there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into.


The thought of Drew makes me cry and laugh at the same time. He's the only boy to break my heart.He's reminds me of all my favorite songs I sing along to. He's all my time, and that's not enough. I want to be with him all eternity.

Time Elapse to Next Day

Drew looks at me,
I fake a smile so he won't see.


Drew looks at me. "Did you hear what I said Miranda? You seem kinda spacey this morning."

I shake my head clear. "Of course." I fake a smile at him and turn my head away so he wont see all the pain and misery in my eyes.