Status: ADOPTED :))

Because Dandelions Are Pretty

Chapter XXIII

The two boys repositioned themselves, ready for round two. Aubrey took her stance next to Tom as he watched his little brother prepare to face off the big, bold fencing bully again. Nicolas threw his mask on with one quick flick of his wrist, whilst Bill used both hands to carefully slide the mask over his face.

"Ready, Kaulitz?" Nicolas taunted from the other end of the strip.

Ready when you are, Frenchie, Bill thought to himself. Instead, he nodded to show his understanding.

"En garde! Ready! Fence!" Aubrey cried out, using her position as director for the match.

Already fully aware of his plans, Nicolas charged forwards, his blade at the ready.

That is, until Aubrey spotted the broken tip.

"Wait! Halt!" she screamed.

Bill's gaze was torn from the oncoming Nicolas to Aubrey. He looked at her curiously through the mask, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Nicolas, on the other hand, kept going.

"Stop!" Aubrey shrieked.

She threw herself forward towards the strip, with Tom shouting in incomprehensible German behind her. With a quick leap forward, she side tackled Nicolas to the ground and took him down. He cried out in surprise and his blade fell from his hand as he collapsed.

On the other end of the strip, Bill unhooked himself from the machine quickly and ripped off the mask from his face. He sprinted to Aubrey, who was lying in a heap on the ground next to Nicolas. She sat up, visibly shaken, and looked up at Bill as he approached. He knelt down and grabbed her forearms with his hands. His eyes were questioning and upset.

"His blade tip was broken," Aubrey explained shakily. She wiped some nervous sweat off her forehead. "He would've hurt you."

Bill bit on his bottom lip and pulled her into his chest. Behind then, Nicolas was just starting to recuperate from his sudden ambush.

"You asshole," Tom hissed through his teeth as he approached the huddle of people on the ground. He was staring directly at Nicolas. "Just because you're a sore loser, you try to seriously injure somebody? Somebody with less experience than you? That's so fucking low you'd have to drill down just to get to where you are."

Nicolas gritted his teeth as he kept himself from lashing out completely at Tom. He knew if he spoke, he'd only dig himself a deeper grave.

He was in deep shit with these guys, now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have an important announcement regarding this story: I'm giving it up for "adoption."
That's right. I feel like I haven't been doing this story justice, so I'd much rather let someone who's more into it at the moment take over than allow it to just run dry and blah. I'm going to let someone else finish it up so it doesn't die like so many other stories on here.
Basically, I don't care where this story goes. Whoever takes over can do what they want with the characters and everything. Just let people know that I came up with the original idea.
Message me or drop a comment on my profile if you're interested in taking over/adopting "Because Dandelions Are Pretty."

Sorry about the way things have gone with this, everybody. Really. I apologize. It's just not in me anymore :/

EDIT: Story's been adopted! :D Thank you so much to mychemro_kiss for picking it up!