Steamin' at the Seams

You've Grown Up So Crazy

I wake up wrapped in something warm. I don't remember my pillow being this firm?

I open my eyes and find myself eye-to-neck with none other than Jacob Black. Oh, yeah.

Blinking sleepily, I raise my head and look at the clock. Not even eight yet. No wonder I'm still so tired.

Closing my eyes, I drop my head back onto Jacob's shoulder, his snores background noise as I quickly fall back asleep.

When I wake up again, Jacob isn't snoring anymore. He's trailing his hand up and down my arm, his fingers lightly brushing my skin like feathers. The feathery feeling makes my skin tingle, and the tingly feeling sets my insides ablaze.

"Good morning," He says quietly.

"HI," I say, burring deeper against his side and cringing away from the cold air. "So, what are we doing today, now that you don't hate me?"

He chuckles. "We're going to go eat breakfast at Emily's first. After that, who knows."

"Ugh. I have to take a shower," I grumble.

"Me too," Jacob says in a very suggestive tone.

I laugh, reaching up to flick his chin. "I don't think your inprintee would like that very much."Even though I don't care. Even though I want to jump you.

"Right," Jacob replies, his voice revealing that his mind is far away.

I sigh, sliding out from under the blankets and his arms. I shiver in the cold air. "Come on, get up. Go home and get ready, then come back and get me. I don't have a car."

"OK, OK," He says, getting up off the bed. "I bet I can get back before you're ready."

"Right," I say sarcastically.

"You'll see," He smirks, vanishing out the door. I shiver again.

Well, yesterday was…interesting. It feels like a dream. But Jacob was still here this morning. No Cinderella here.

I glance at the clock. 9:30. Feels later.

I grab some clothes and take them into the bathroom with me just in case Jacob does beat me. I hurry into the shower, needing to warm up.

My stomach rumbles as I wash my hair. Man, I can't wait for breakfast. Emily is the best cook.

A torrential stream of thoughts floods my mind. It starts with Sam and Emily, to imprinting, to Jacob imprinting on somebody who isn't me.

The dormant wound in my chest rips wide open and I collapse on the shower floor. I curl into a ball, sobbing. I really do like Jacob too much.

I eventually get my emotions under control and I finish my shower as quickly as I can. I towel dry my hair and slip into my clothes, holding my damp hair above my shoulders. I wrap my hair into a messy bun and quickly brush my teeth. I hang up my towel and wrench the door open.

Jacob is sitting on my couch, watching TV. He smirks at me. "Told you I'd beat you."

I stick my tongue out at him, grabbing my phone and my keys off the top of the TV. "Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know, I'm sorry. I'm going to try to update again this weekend, sometime between now and Wednesday. Four day weekend :]xoxo
Feeney
comment?

title credit - Golly Sandra ;; Eisley