Steamin' at the Seams

Really Gotta Hand It To You

"I'm not going," I say stubbornly. I'm sitting in the back of Jacob's car, refusing to get out. Refusing to see him.

"Come on, Lacey. Please?" Quil begs. I've been sitting here for about ten minutes.

I shake my head, my arms crossed over my chest. "Nope. Not gonna go it."

"Hey guys, what's up?" Oh dear lord, it's him.

"Lacey won't get out of the car," Embry says.

"Lacey?" Jacob says, peering in the open door. I stare back sullenly. A strange glint comes to his eye as a mischievous grin takes over his face. All of the anger from a few days ago is gone.

He leans half into the car, pulls a lever, and leans the passenger seat forward before climbing into the car with me.

Eyes wide, I press myself back against the window behind me. "What are you doing?"

"Sitting, what does it look like I’m doing?" Jacob says in a very 'duh' voice.

I roll my eyes. "No shit. Why are you in the car with me?"

"Because you won't come out to see me, duh," He says, same tone.

"Well maybe I don't want to come see you for a reason."

"What reason would that be?"

"You screamed at me not to go to a dance."

"That was four days ago."

"So? You still yelled at me even though it was none of your business."

"Just get out of the car," He says calmly.

"If it lets me get away from you," I say angrily. A flash of hurt passes across his face, replaced immediately by the sneaky grin.

"Alright. Get out," he says, gesturing to the open door next to him.

I frown at him before moving to climb over his lap. Just as I'm positioned overtop of him, he leans forward and swiftly presses his lips to my neck. Right where it meets up with my shoulder.

I shudder as a tingly feeling runs down my spine, coming to rest under my stomach. I push the warm feeling to the back of my mind and continue getting out of the car. Jake chuckles softly behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh. I know it's super short. I'll have more out either tonight or tomorrow though (:

Feeney

title credit - Number Five With A Bullet ;; Taking Back Sunday