Status: UNDER GOING EDITING

A Little Mermaid's Tale

Meeting The Crew

"This is the Black Pearl, love." You gasped seeing the magnificent beauty.

"I've never seen anything like this below the water." Jack looked at you oddly for a moment before remembering what you are.

"Really now?" You nodded your head admiring the ships woodwork.

"And I've been alive for a long time. Mermaids are immortal creatures you know." You looked at him, smiling like a child and then tapped his nose.

"I didn't know that. Come on, love. I've already got most of me crew ready, let's set off shall we?" You jumped and nodded your head causing your hat to fall off your head.

"Oops." You picked it up and went off to go do something before realizing Jack didn't give you any orders. You quickly turned around to see Jack smirking at you from the helm.

"Captain?" You looked down at your boots kicking the air. He shook his head at your antics and then called over a man named Gibbs.

"Aye, Captain?"

"Give our newest crew member a bucket and a brush." Gibbs looked over you and shook his head.

"Aye, Captain." You looked at Jack glaring at him.

"Swabbing the decks? I can do sails!" Jack just smirked again shaking his head.

"Ye be doing the decks. I have to see how good you are at that, and then, maybe I'll let ye work on sails." You growled, glaring at Jack.

"Aye Captain." Gibbs came back and handed you the bucket and you went over to the side of the ship where Jack couldn't see you, and started your work.

It was getting darker and you had already finished more than half the ship and had taken a small break.

You stood up and looked out to the ocean seeing the sun setting. It was an amazing view compared to the view underwater. You smiled at the wind blew making your hair dance around your shoulders.

"Aren't ye supposed to be swabbin' ma deck?" You laughed and turned around to see Jack smirking at you.

"Captain, I've already done more than half of the ship, I think I deserve a break! Look at the fine job I've done." Jack looks over to the part of the deck you've cleaned to see it actually clean.

"I guess you're right." You smiled and nodded your head.

"I'll finish up once I'm a bit more rested don't worry." You turned back to the sunset when you hear chuckling.

"Love, don't worry. You really didn't have to finish the entire deck today." Jack whispered into your ear from behind. You turned shocked and smiled uneasily.

"I-I wanted to. So, if you don't mind me asking, where are we headed?" Jack backed up a bit giving more space between you two seeing how uneasy it made you feel.

"Port Royal. Ever been there?" You shook your head but then nodded.

"Only...underneath though. Very pretty shores." Jack laughed and shook his head.

"Why are we headed there? I hear it's not very nice to pirates." You asked out of concern for the Pearl and her crew.

"Ah, yes, Port Royal is not the nicest town towards pirates, but there is a young lad who's we be needin'." You nodded your head and looked out to the sea.

"You feelin' homesick love?" You looked at Jack who was standing beside you and smiled sadly.

"A bit. But I know my father would never let me back if I begged him. I've disgraced the entire family by becoming a human. I had to though. My father wanted me to marry some prince from Atlantis." Jack's eyes went wide as he stared at her.

"At-Atlantis is real?" You chuckled softly and nodded your head.

"It's not as glorious as the tales make it seem. I just didn't want to marry someone I did not love. That's why I came here. I'm free here. And I still get to near the place I used to call home." You smiled at Jack who was staring at you.

"Well! I should be getting back to work. When to do you think we'll be docking in Port Royal, Captain?" Jack snapped out of his thoughts and stood up straight.

"By tomorrow afternoon." You nodded your head and picked up your brush and bucket to finish up your work.

"Love," Jack grabbed you hand before you could get down to the floor to clean.

"Yes?" Jack's face was incredibly close to yours, his hot breath caressing your lips.

"Ye be sleepin' in my cabin tonight." He kissed your cheek and then walked away. You stood there shocked. You couldn't believe he kissed your cheek. Then you realized.

"YOU'RE CABIN?!"