What You Don't Know

Chapter 1

I lay in the hotel bed trying to sleep. Eyes closed, thinking about finally being on break for a while, I sighed. I love touring but a guy just wants a bed and a home cooked meal occasionally and Franks 'Cajun' cooking is starting to get to my tummy. I turned over in my bed and heard whispering from the bathroom. Wondering what my roommate for tonight, Mikey, was talking about I crept over to the door.

"I miss you too and I'll be home tomorrow night," Mikey said into his phone I assumed. "Hey baby can I talk to you about something?" He asked then there was a short pause of silence.

"I'm just worried about Bob," he whispered a bit more quietly. "Have you ever noticed he never seems to date anybody?"

I frowned at his topic choice but listened intently anyway.

"So you think I should just talk to him?" He asked yet again. "I mean he’s had several offers from people who have never heard of us and people who have and he’s such a gentlemen and treats people so well I don't understand," he explained further.

I smiled at that. Only Mikey could make me forgive him in a matter of seconds.

"Okay baby, I'll remember that when I talk to him," he said, "I'll call you when I'm close to home," he promised then kissed into the phone.

I took this as a sign to get into the bed and fast. I got into bed and situated myself just before Mikey walked out and got into his bed. I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.

--

I was in a long hallway filled with hundreds of doors. I started to walk down the hallway when I heard the voices of my band mates and best friend’s voices. I looked up to see them standing against the walls in between a few of the doors.

"Which door are you going to pick?" Gerard asked me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked everybody.

"Pick one now, you have to," Frankie demanded.

"What are behind the doors?" I asked losing some patience.

"Which one Bob," Ray insisted totally ignoring my question.

"Why do I have to pick a fucking door?" I asked agitation apparent in my voice.

"Bob why are you yelling?" Mikey asked.

"The doors Mikey help," I pleaded, turning to him.

"Bob?" He asked in a confused manner.

"What’s behind the doors and why does everyone want me to pick? Why can’t I wait?" I asked him.

"Bob wake up," Mikey said and shook me.


I opened my eyes and slowly sat up. I looked at the clock and saw it was 5:34 am. I then turned to Mikey who was looking at me oddly.

"You okay Bob?" He asked me. I just nodded and said something about a dream.

"Okay well I'm going to go hang with Frankie and Gerard then we’re going to go eat and leave." I nodded and Mikey left me.

I decided to take a quick shower. When I stepped under the warm water I sighed in content and began to think.

A few minutes later I was showered and dressed. I was happy Mikey and I already had our shit packed, therefore, we could load the bus and leave. I carried my stuff down to the driver and walked to the guys. They were all really quiet and I was confused because they’re never quiet. Gerard and Mikey probably haven't had their caffeine and I don't know what Frank’s excuse was. Ray is always pretty mellow though.

"We were going to go eat at that little café down the street then head home," Ray said as he scratched his head and Frankie yawned. I nodded and we all walked the few blocks to the café.

We found a table for five and sat down looking at the menus and ordered our drinks and meals. I gazed out the window still thinking about my strange dream.

"Bob are you okay?" One of the guys asked. I wasn't sure which one because I wasn't paying attention.

"Yeah just thinking,” I said and gave them my attention.

"About what?" Frank asked.

"Well last night I had a dream that I was in a hallway filled with doors and you guys kept asking me which door I was going to pick,” I started going into as much detail as I could remember. They all sat there in silence before Ray spoke up.

"I read that dreams are your brains way of telling you something. Maybe you have to decide something that you've been putting off that just can't wait any longer," he said, sounding all too smart for his own good.

"Yeah that's why we insisted you pick now. Maybe you’re having a conflict with yourself, but you just don't realize it," Gerard suggested.

I thought about what they said. Maybe it's time… No I can’t tell them now. Then again what will happen if I don't?
♠ ♠ ♠
I would liek to thank my wonderfull editor tiffany (shatter the calm) with out her thsi story wuld be so un readable ;)