Lead You On

Double Timing

"Here, have some chicken, Rio, honey, do you want some potatoes? Kevin, pass the potatoes, the spoon,Kevin, get the spoon, yes! Here Rio, eat up!"

I grinned nervously at Denise and swallowed, "Mrs. Jonas I really don't think I can eat this much, I already had chicken and the pudding. No, actually, I'll be fine with just a little lemonade." I pulled the big painted jug toward me and tipped it into my cup, feeling the boys grin at how their mom was stuffing me.

"Actually mom," Nick came to my rescue, "We were planning to go see a movie."

I choked on my lemonade and coughed, spluttering. I looked up to see everybody staring at me and smiled, "Uh, just really excited to go see the movie." I looked at Nick, not even knowing we were going to go see a movie.

"Really? Well, which one?" Denise ignored me as i mopped my mouth and turned back to Nick.

"Either Race To Witch Mountain or Watchmen or something."

Denise shook her head, "No, I want you guys to take Frankie and he can't see Watchmen."

"Mo-om!" I grinned at Frankie's whine.

"Last time you saw a scary movie..."

"That was forever ago!" I got up and followed Kevin to the kitchen, hearing the other chairs scrape against the ground as everyone else got up.

Kevin Sr. butted in with a, "You mean two months ago?"

I grabbed my coat from the living room sofa and grabbed Frankie's hand as he slowly followed after us. He grinned at me and pulled on his jacket and Joe opened the door and Nick waved at his parents.

"Be home before-"

"Chill, mom. We won't die." Kevin reassured his parents before Nick let the door close behind him.

"A movie? Thanks for springing this on me, guys."

"That was hilarious, though," Joe said, catching my eye, "You totally choked on the lemonade."

I stared at him for a moment before looking away and coughing. The other boys didn't say anything until we reached the movie theater. I pulled out my purse and paid for my ticket first and waited for the boys.

"I love Dwayne Johnson," Joe was saying, "He's got the best muscles. He was the greatest, and it's really cool that he acts now. I bet he does some awesome things in this movie. I can't wait till we hang with him at the rehearsal for the Kid's Choice Awards."

I froze, "You guys are going to meet Dwayne Johnson?" Nods, "Oh... my... god. Take me with you." I stuttered, choking on air.

"She's more excited to meet him than us."

"Eh, yeah." I grinned at Kevin, "What can I say, I like the strong type."

All three boys flexed their muscles in my direction. I laughed. "Sorry boys, something about the nickname 'The Rock' pulls me in."

"My nickname's Danger!" Joe tried.

I shook my head and laughed again. "Not the same."

He pouted and I pulled open the theater door and skipped down the aisle with Frankie holding my hand and shoved him into a seat before sitting next to him. He watched with big eyes as the previews ended and ignored his brothers as they stepped around us.

"We were just in time." Nick whispered in my ear, and I nodded.

"I thought we'd be late. We didn't even know the show times, after all." I turned to look at him and sucked in a breath. He was really close.

He blinked slowly and swallowed, I watched as his lips opened again and he said, "This is the coolest beginning."

"Yeah." I whispered, staring at him.

He laughed and my eyes went back to his lips for a second, "You might want to look at it."

I blushed and turned away quickly. The screen was lighting up with reports of aliens and flying saucers with people in the background saying things like, "I know what I saw!" and "It was lighting up and really high overhead." and "I was abducted for 3 whole days!"

I turned to look back at Nick for a second as he put his diet drink back into the cup holder.

He looked up at me and smirked, then slowly, winked and looked away.

I shot my hands into my lap and blushed, feeling the heat coming into my cheeks in hot bursts.

Whoopsies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please please comment and subscribe!!