Can You Stake My Heart?

I Would Drive On To The End With You

FRANK’S POV

I trudged home on my own angry with myself, angry with Heather and angry with Gerard. No wait, that was a lie, I wasn’t angry with Gerard. I could never be mad at him. I loved him way too much. Why hadn’t I just told him how I felt earlier before that stupid Heather came along and took him away from me? He didn’t love her! He couldn’t! When he took my hand in the park I almost thought that just maybe he might have felt what I was feeling for me.
When I arrived back at my house I could hear my parents shouting in the kitchen. I ignored it. It was the same damn thing every night. I was half way up the stairs when my dad grabbed me by the collar and threw me forward so that I fell down the stairs and into a crumpled heap on the floor. Immediately I felt pain shoot up my arm. For a moment I thought the bastard had broken it but it seemed to be only sprained. I reached up and held onto the banister for support. My mother started to help me up but he pushed her back.
“Don’t touch him. Look at him. Look what you’re precious baby boy has become. A fag, who staying up all night drinking with those kids.” He kicked me hard in the stomach, so that I doubled over. I was about to be sick.
My mum began to cry. She knew it wasn’t like that. She knew I loved her.
“Frankie, just go up to your room, I’ll get you something to eat later.” I nodded, went to my room and fell onto my bed, tears falling down my cheeks and rolling down my neck.
Nobody could help me. Not my mum. Not any of the guys. Not even Gerard. It was probably the one thing I hadn’t told him. He knew I didn’t get on too well with my dad but he didn’t know…what he did.

The next day at school I was still in pain. “Hey Frankie, you okay?” asked Gerard in English. He prodded my swollen, bruised arm gently. I leapt back and cradled my arm. My eyes stung with the pain. He bit his lip and looked at me seriously. “Is it really that bad?” he asked. I hesitated but finally I nodded. “Then you should see the nurse.”
NO WAY.
“No that’s okay. It’s not that bad.” I said weakly forcing a smile. Gerard looked at me long and hard.
“Bullshit.” He replied, but he didn’t say anything more about it. The bell rang and we had to go to gym. Gym sucked ass. All the jocks would make fun of how short I was. I would always get called an emo fag and so would Gee. But at least he would be wearing those lycra shorts! XD
We met Bob in the hallway. “Oh yeah, ray wanted me to tell you guys that he can’t come to band practise tonight. Mr. Harkins gave him a detention for sticking a sweet up his nose in class.” Gee snorted. “He stuck a sweet up his nose?”
Bob laughed. “Yeah, he was trying to impress that girl Krittika, even though he knows she’s totally into me., not him. Anyway, it got stuck so he had to go to the nurse and she pulled it out. It was awesome. So when he came back he got a detention. And I got that girls number.”
“Grrrrrrrr I hate Mr Harki-” That’s when I noticed he was behind me.
“Oh shit, run!” hissed Gerard. The two of us ran down the corridor and up the stairs and didn’t stop till we were out of breath and in hysterics.
“That was awesome” I grinned, once I had caught my breath again.
“I know!” Gerard sighed and slid down onto the floor. I joined him and rested my head on his shoulder. “Frank?”
“Uh huh…”
“What were you going to ask me yesterday at the park?” he asked anxiously. I took a deep breath. It was now or never. Even if he didn’t feel the same way he wouldn’t push me away and not talk to me. Gerard wasn’t like that.
“I was going to ask if you ever had any feelings for me. Cos, I know it sounds so weird cos we’re best friends and all, but I’ve had these feelings for you for a long time and I just wanted to know if maybe…you felt the same way.”
Gerard looked at me trying to find a trace of doubt in my eyes but there was none. I loved him. I needed to tell him that. Maybe now wasn’t the time, I didn’t’ want to scare him off completely. I’d tell him that later.
“I do. I do have feelings for you. I’m crazy about you.” He said. I felt frozen in that moment. But I knew he meant it. He leaned forward his lips growing closer and closer to mine. I let my hands drop down to his waist. Just a bit closer…