Can You Stake My Heart?

A Stain That Never Comes Off

excuse the rubbishiness of the last chapter (I was in a rush)
enjoy this one and leave me comments! xx

FRANK’S POV

I heard my mom enter the house. I wiped the tears and left the bed I’d stayed in for 3 days straight and went down. I desperately wanted to go and comfort Mikey but I couldn’t bring myself to go. “Nobody’s going to blame you honey,” my mom said as she saw me and sensed what I was thinking. “It’s hard for you,” she sighed and pulled me into an embrace. “H-how was Mikes?” asked. I realised just how stupid that question was.
I went back upstairs. I wouldn’t do to school tomorrow either. I couldn’t face anything or anyone, now that Gee was gone. More tears ran down my cheek as I pulled the razor out of my top drawer.

GERARD’S POV

I pulled my hood over my head as I headed through the park to Frank’s house. My curiosity had gotten the better of me. I had to know why he hadn’t come! All this time I thought he cared about me and now he’d forgotten me. I wasn’t even gone a month. I went round the back where I could see his window. There was no tree outside unfortunately. I jumped over the fence and hurriedly clambered up the neighbour’s tree. Believe me, it wasn’t easy. By the time I’d gotten high enough to jump onto the ledge of Frankie’s house my hands were bloody, beaten and bruised. I managed to get to the roof of his house and slide myself to his window.
He was there.
Frank was sat on his bed, his back to me. The place looked like a craphole. There were old clothes lying on the floor. I recognised the misfits t-shirt and the pink belt that he had worn the last time I’d seen his lying on his chair. There were empty take-away boxes at the foot of the bed. He’d obviously not left his room in a while. “Gee...” he sobbed. I froze, thinking he’s seen me. I was almost disappointed when I realised he hadn’t. I turned out he was crying for me…
I yanked his t-shirt over his head and turned slightly so that I could see his torso. Damn that was hot. He had a razor in his right hand and held out his left, an arm that was already covered in huge slashes. I winced as he ran the blade across his pale skin. I turned away. I didn’t want to see him like that. The thought of the blood that was running down his wrist was filling my head with lust. I gave my Frankie a last glance before jumping to the ground, landing perfectly on my feet. I would come see him later. Right now, I needed to see Mikey.

The boy was a mess. And it was my fault. It was pretty easy getting to his window cos we had an apple tree outside our house. Wait, it wasn’t ‘our’ house anymore. It was ‘their’ house. I was no longer part of that family, I was dead.
Mikey was sprawled on his bed, his face was all pink and blotchy. I wondered if he’d ever ask that girl out. “Mikey..” whispered my mom poking her head round the door. Mom. I began to cry silently to myself as I watched them through the closed window. She’d never see me again. She’d never know I was ok. “Leave me alone,” said Mikey, so quietly I could barely hear him. Mom looked hurt but nodded and backed out of the room, leaving Mikey to himself. He turned round and slid down, so that he was kneeling at the foot of his bed. “Dear God, I know you’re probably busy and stuff but please help us. I can’t imagine anything without Gerard. I’ve never known anything without him! I know he’s annoying and attention seeking and that he’s probably already made it to hell, but if you can please bring him back to us…”

I had heard enough. I wasn’t sure what exactly to do but Mikey needed some comfort. And seeing as I couldn’t actually be with him, I’d simply have to leave him something special. What did Mikey always want? I thought to myself.
I remembered one time when Mikey had a hamster called Benny. He loved that little thing. Once he asked Grandma Helena to make it a little bed for its cage. Well, of course I was always a destructive little kid. So one day, when Mikey had gone out to play in the front yard and Ray was at my house I thought to myself…hmmm, can hamsters swim?
Ray being Ray told me not to but I wasn’t fussed what Curly Sue thought was I? So I took Benny and filled up the bath.
No, hamsters can’t swim.
Understandably, Mikey was distraught. He cried for days and days over Benny. Mom never let him have another one after that incident. I pulled a few notes I’d stolen from someone’s wallet two days ago (that’s pretty much how I had to live) and headed to the nearest pet shop.

MIKEY’S POV

“Mikey, somebody dropped his off for you. It was on our doorstep.” I payed no attention at first; everyone was leaving us presents. It was only when I noticed it was a little cage did I look up. There was a small honey coloured hamster sitting in the corner looking up at me. I gasped and grabbed the note attached. Scrawled in messy writing was ‘ we’ll call it even x’